All about smoking

Shor

Supersonic
On 3/13/2024 at 12:59 AM, PSP415 said:

Frankly, it's all about your own willpower and determination to just quit. 

Read that vaping is no angel and it's illegal as well. That's worse than ciggies. 

An uncle smoked for 50+ years, last count was min 2 pkts per day. 

A doctor spoke to him and its like a bolt of lightning killed the numb-cells lurking in brain. Cos what the doctor told him, the family said the same to him for years. 

He literally stopped within a month (cos still got stocks of ciggies, 😅). After the last stick and he's been smoke-free for 2 years now. 

He once shared that he did stop for a straight 3 months but having regular kopi sessions with friends who smoke weaken his resolve. 

He's 76 this year. I was very relieved that at the last Kopi session with his old friends, ALL of them have quit for health reasons. 

😂😅 Me non-smoker. Hence, spared spending money to harm own health, bringing 2nd hand smoke to loved ones or others. 

If you want to quit, you can. It's up to you 100%.

Yada-ing. Stay safe

Cheers 

For my dad case, he stopped smoking also around the same time I did, probably even earlier .... so was also smoke free 14 years till now.

He had smoked for more than 50 years too. When I realised he had stopped smoking, I ask him why he quit, he said just no urge to smoke...

Because he don't smoke at home, and troublesome to go out to smoke. Maybe because he didn't want to be like his dad who died of lung cancer after decades of smoking pipes. Probably during that period of time, often have grandchildren at his place. 

But we never quit drinking 🤣.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
On 3/12/2024 at 10:28 PM, Veltix said:

I've tried to quit smoking many times myself, using patches, trying to stop all at once, and even hypnotherapy, but I always ended up smoking again. What really helped me was switching to vaping. It's not completely stopping, but it's better than smoking, and I feel a lot healthier.

It's more of knowing when you feel like smoking. 

And not get yourself in that situation or when remind yourself not to smoke when the situation arising. 

I use to smoke everytime I park my car, during breaks, after meals, long time ago even during toilet break at those old old malls. 

Play snooker also smoked at table.

Smoke in pubs and coffeeshops

But I never smoked in front of my wife then GF or at home. 

I quit because smoking places became more scarce and realised my whole attire all reek of burnt smell. 

Thought vaping is illegal? Not sure if it's more harm to your lung because it's vapour probably cause more mucus to develop in your lung.

But at least it's without smoke taint. 

• Praise 1