All about smoking

Shor

if your lungs are good, u can smoke like a chimney also wont die.

if your lungs are no good, good luck to coughing and being short of breath until u die a breathless death. Walk 2-3 steps also breathless.

good morning, doc; do you also mean genes

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

if your lungs are good, u can smoke like a chimney also wont die.

if your lungs are no good, good luck to coughing and being short of breath until u die a breathless death. Walk 2-3 steps also breathless.

Unfortunately true

• Praise 2

Unfortunately true

for those smokers who can't find the motivation to quit.

Just imagine yourself feel like drowning for years until u die. It's exactly that fun! :mellow:

Surprisingly, the ones who can quit at the drop of a coin are those who are diagnosed with lung cancer. They usually quit on hearing the diagnosis. However, it's too late -_-

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Has anyone tried both Nicotine Gum and Nicotine Patches.

Between the 2, which seems to be more effective. Any bro here whom had tried only 1 of the above also welcome to provide feedback.

I was thinking of getting from Amazon the above stuff so thought of seeking some feedback here. My intention is not quitting (though I dont mind that if it occurs inadvertently.

Reason is for occasions when I need to get in an air con bedroom, car, bus, do homework with them on short notice, extended car driving session and I dont wish to expose them to 3rd hand smoke (the smell residual toxic gases) that last approx 20-25mins after finishing a cigarette.

TIA.

• Praise 1

Has anyone tried both Nicotine Gum and Nicotine Patches.

Between the 2, which seems to be more effective. Any bro here whom had tried only 1 of the above also welcome to provide feedback.

I was thinking of getting from Amazon the above stuff so thought of seeking some feedback here. My intention is not quitting (though I dont mind that if it occurs inadvertently.

Reason is for occasions when I need to get in an air con bedroom, car, bus, do homework with them on short notice, extended car driving session and I dont wish to expose them to 3rd hand smoke (the smell residual toxic gases) that last approx 20-25mins after finishing a cigarette.

TIA.

those nicotine patches stuff don't work

try champix. worked wonders for me.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

those nicotine patches stuff don't work

try champix. worked wonders for me.

Thanks bro, i just wikied champix. But its not suitable for me due to certain adverse effects indicated.

Guys, pls quit smoking as early as you can.

My dad smokes for 30 yrs odd until he quit more than 10 years ago. While his health was better eventually, he was diagnosed with COPD just last year which was determined by docs to be the consequences resulting from heavy smoking in his earlier years. COPD is incurable. Patients suffer acute breathlessness even from simple activities of walking a few mins and most would require oxygen therapy at home for the rest of their lives. Sufferers of COPD are prone to accumulating phglem in their lungs which will cause breathing difficulties.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Guys, pls quit smoking as early as you can.

Yes, especially those with small children. Be a good role model for your child, set a good example. Quit smoking!

Some parents I see try to "hide" from their children while they puff (eg. at home they smoke outside the corridor), etc. What for? Btw, children nowadays are smart.... they do know what is happening.

• Praise 3

was a smoker from 1985 to 2008.

Never tried Nicotine gum or any form of medication.

To me, enough is enough - having love/hate relationship with my cigarette.

during my smoking days, I have countless times of deflated Lungs, chest pains,, sore throats,dizzy spells, my bones, joints deteriorate, my stamina stressed after 1 flight of stairs.

Smoking to me is 99% Habit and 1% addiction.

Break the Habit, you are a Winner !

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

during my smoking days, I have countless times of deflated Lungs, chest pains,, sore throats,dizzy spells, my bones, joints deteriorate, my stamina stressed after 1 flight of stairs.

Well done!

• Praise 2

Thanks bro, i just wikied champix. But its not suitable for me due to certain adverse effects indicated.

I wrote here a few years ago my Method. Go search in another smoking thread.

Wish you all the best ! If you are able to stop for 2 weeks, you are already half way from success !

To all smokers - have you eaten Smoked Salmon ?

The salmon is not cooked but slowly cooked and preserved by Smoke.

So you can imagine your Lungs are slowly but surely slowly being cooked by the smoke you inhale.

Though your body repairs itself, but sometimes not fast enough as the damage is greater.

That is why I have deflated lungs - you wake up in the morning and have difficulty to breathe, your lungs is soo weak to expand.

Yes, its scary.

Yet after such signals from my body, I continued to smoke of the Habit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Good job! My stamina is badly affected after 4 sticks a day and I'm just a social smoker.

Turbocharged

Champix worked for my dad, got him off smokes after 40 years.

I started it and it seemed to work pretty good, was down to 1 stick a day after a few weeks. But holy hell my sleep was screwed, all kinds of weird/vivid dreams. Then I had to run overseas for a big case and forgot to bring my pills along...got stuck there for a few weeks and eventually started smoking more again.

Last month I spent 10 days in Bali without smoking. I think it's the environment/company as well.

i have quit smoking and i will tell you how i did it.

i buy a lot of cigarettes and open them and leave it for a few days.

when i wanna smoke, i smoke those. and those who smokes knows that cigarettes that have been opened for days tastes like shit...

but i kept on smoking them. after a few weeks, i begin to hate the taste...smoke half a stick then throw.

after a month, i had no more urge liao

u should go try it.

Good job! My stamina is badly affected after 4 sticks a day and I'm just a social smoker.

a social smoker is one that do not smoke

1~4 sticks a day.

I hope you kick the habit for good.

Supersonic

Personally, I know 2 friends who quit cold turkey.

They were chain smokers and both skinny fellows.

One just decide to quit one day and started pumping iron. He looks totally different after that.

The other one, refused to let gahmen take his money from ciggie tax, just quit. He also got a bit plumper after that.

↡ Advertisement