All about smoking

Shor

when you take a dump in the bushes during ns....you have to get over the smell, flies and mosquitoes and the smoke from the ciggies are the only way of getting rid of the smells and insects. Brunei worst....the sandflies will fly all over!

Oh this is different Liao. This toilet "open concept" not cubicle type so ok [laugh]

Before I quit , my routine was wake up , breakfast , cigarette , pang sai , in that order .

For 30 yrs I have been doing that , means I did it continuous for more than 10,000 times . It became a Pavlov effect liao .

When I quit , my morning pang sai became my biggest problem . Nothing to trigger the sai to come out , my bowel timings became very irregular . Morning sometimes got sai , sometimes no sai , sometimes I pang in afternoon , evening or night . Took me about 3 months for my morning sai to become normal again.

Luckily I don't rely on smoking to shit. I rely on my daily kopi [:p]
↡ Advertisement

Oh this is different Liao. This toilet "open concept" not cubicle type so ok [laugh]

the practice continued even at camp as there will be a long line at the toilet just after breakfast and you can imagine the smell that got worst after each use. Knn......if no ciggy i think i will shit and puke at the same time.....

This thread getting shitty.....

Everything and anything under the sun :D

Full of shit sia.

You mean the smokers? [laugh]

the practice continued even at camp as there will be a long line at the toilet just after breakfast and you can imagine the smell that got worst after each use. Knn......if no ciggy i think i will shit and puke at the same time.....ðððð

By right cannot right? Unless that toilet have yellow line drawn around it [laugh]

By right cannot right? Unless that toilet have yellow line drawn around it [laugh]

bro....my ns was in 85/87.....the yellow line werent invented then.....lol!
  • Praise 1

[thumbsup] life was good then [laugh]

i wished......hahaha! We could smoke anywhere except for the parade square! Not sure good anot.....but damn sure it was tough as compared to now! Didnt see a flying cupboard though but can confirm 1 toppled cupboard during our 1st standby bed....damned that SGT Sathiveloo!

Literally talking about shit...haha.

HSA suspends licenses of 9 retailers for selling tobacco products to minors
Posted 12 Apr 2017 14:12 Updated 12 Apr 2017 14:20

post-1109-0-39297000-1491988128_thumb.png
These retailers had their licenses suspended for selling tobacco products to minors. (Photos: HSA)

SINGAPORE: The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has temporarily suspended the tobacco retail licenses of nine shops that were caught tobacco products to minors under the age of 18, it said on Wednesday (Apr 12). 

In a press release, the authority said the sellers will be prohibited from selling tobacco products for six months. The affected outlets are:

• Everyday Come Coffee Shop at 477 Tampines Street 43
  • Mini Mart @ 476 Pte Ltd at 476 Tampines Street 44
  • JS Minimart at 950 Jurong West Street 91
  • Shafen Supermarket at 424 Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
  • Rainbow Mart at 806 Woodlands Street 81
  • Kurinji Stores at 350 Bukit Batok Street 34
  • Chuan Lee Fruit & Mini-Mart at 835 Tampines Street 83
  • Seng Yong Huat Minimart at 919 Hougang Avenue 4
  • Sky Blue Trading at 7 Jalan Batu 
According to HSA, all nine sellers did not ask for any form of identification to check the buyers’ ages, claiming they were either busy or that the minors looked older than they were.

"Sellers are reminded that they take the risk of contravening the laws if they assess age by mere physical appearance of the buyer," the authority said in the release.

This is the first offence for all nine outlets, who were caught via HSA's ground surveillance and enforcement activities, the authority added.

Under the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act, anyone found guilty of selling tobacco products to minors below the age of 18 is liable to a maximum fine of up to S$5,000 for the first offence and up to S$10,000 for the second or subsequent offence.

In addition, the tobacco retail licence will be suspended for six months for the first offence and revoked for the second offence.

If the minors are in school uniform or below 12 years old, the licenses of shops that sell tobacco products to them will be revoked, even at the first offence.

HSA said that since 2015, it has suspended 41 tobacco retail licences and revoked eight. Members of the public can view the updated list of tobacco retailers with suspended or revoked licenses on HSA's website. 

• Praise 1

I would like to quit smoking. What's the best way to quit naturally?

In my case, I don't believe in cutting down gradually. My previous two tries were bought a packet, then tell myself that it would last a few days, so I tried to cut down until the ciggie go stale. However, those were failed attempts to quit because of the habitual after meal & toilet puff. If the ciggie is there, the temptation is there.

I even tried switching to a milder taste from Marlboro to one with black color box (forget brand) with cherry/strawberry after taste, thinking I could smell better after a stick. Wrong. I still smelt like an ashtray. I realize now after quitting how it is to talk to someone who just taken a puff.

Final attempt. Quit buying totally after the last stick. Didn't want to throw away the remaining in the pack. No auspicious day. Just finished the last puff, dump the box and ash tray (if you smoke at home or office). Switch on the oven & wait for the cold turkey.

Beginning was tough. At times, I chose around late afternoon to wash my car outside hoping my neighbor would walked past & offer me that stick of chemicals. People who washes their own cars know the satisfaction of having that puff while admiring the job well done.

Finally, get a new GF to keep yourself busy with texts while waiting to get your car serviced. I could smoked more whenever I need to wait...in other words, keep your mind & fingers busy. No to that after sex ciggie, have small talks instead. The girl will love you more. By the way, there are also pro & con in getting a GF who smokes. You will like kissing an ashtray however the positive side of it is if she can put a deadly stick of chemical in her mouth, she can put anything

Edited by Leinad8919
  • Praise 4

In my case, I don't believe in cutting down gradually. My previous two tries were bought a packet, then tell myself that it would last a few days, so I tried to cut down until the ciggie go stale. However, those were failed attempts to quit because of the habitual after meal & toilet puff. If the ciggie is there, the temptation is there.

I even tried switching to a milder taste from Marlboro to one with black color box (forget brand) with cherry/strawberry after taste, thinking I could smell better after a stick. Wrong. I still smelt like an ashtray. I realize now after quitting how it is to talk to someone who just taken a puff.

Final attempt. Quit buying totally after the last stick. Didn't want to throw away the remaining in the pack. No auspicious day. Just finished the last puff, dump the box and ash tray (if you smoke at home or office). Switch on the oven & wait for the cold turkey.

Beginning was tough. At times, I chose around late afternoon to wash my car outside hoping my neighbor would walked past & offer me that stick of chemicals. People who washes their own cars know the satisfaction of having that puff while admiring the job well done.

Finally, get a new GF to keep yourself busy with texts while waiting to get your car serviced. I could smoked more whenever I need to wait...in other words, keep your mind & fingers busy. No to that after sex ciggie, have small talks instead. The girl will love you more. By the way, there are also pro & con in getting a GF who smokes. You will like kissing an ashtray however the positive side of it is if she can put a deadly stick of chemical in her mouth, she can put anything

For most quitters i've met in my line of work. I usually ask them to cut down to 5-10 cigs/day before quitting.

Or else the withdrawal symptoms are quite bad.

Fix a date. Throw away everything.

Expect to feel sick and crappy for 3 weeks. Then u'll feel better, but it will take about 2 months to completely settle.

If you give up, know that most quitters don't succeed on their 1st try.

• Praise 2

how to quit, so hard! gf told me my breath stinks, mum always saying ill die soon if i don't quit, nothing works lol

You can't change your mum. So it's either you drop your GF or drop the habit

how to quit, so hard! gf told me my breath stinks, mum always saying ill die soon if i don't quit, nothing works lol

well ... smoking is a major cause of erectile dysfunction.

So see what you value more lor ...

The ability to have sex or to feel shiok from puffing away  [cool]

Anyway, on a more serious note (though what i said is absolutely true), the first step is asking "how to quit". So don't be discouraged.

• Praise 4

The answer is in the black box right in between your ears!.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

well ... smoking is a major cause of erectile dysfunction.

So see what you value more lor ...

The ability to have sex or to feel shiok from puffing away [cool]

Anyway, on a more serious note (though what i said is absolutely true), the first step is asking "how to quit". So don't be discouraged.

With due respect Doc, but that's is not always true. Some guys are smoking cigars & yet having lots of orgasm here in MCF.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2