BMW 4 Series, I am hot & I know it!

Kiadaw

13587940951594326716.jpg

11587990931943479951.jpg

9207942151748244305.jpg

More pictures at the Link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112120551379/o...d---46-high-res

Public debut in Detroit

BMW has officially revealed the all-new 4-Series Coupe Concept, following an earlier leak.

Looking production-ready, the two-door coupe will make its public debut next month in Detroit. This is basically a three-door version of the 3-Series sedan but comes with several design tweaks that make it look sporty, yet elegant at the same time.

Its wheelbase measures 2,810mm which makes it 50mm longer than that of the current 3-Series coupe. The front track now measures 1,545mm (45mm more) while the rear one stands at 1,593mm (up by 80mm). The 4-Series Coupe Concept is 1,826mm wide so it's 44mm broader than its predecessor. With a 1,362mm height, the concept is 16mm lower and at the same time it's longer than before, measuring 4,641mm.

BMW installed a set of exclusive 20-inch light alloy wheels featuring a three-dimensional multi-spoke design that add to the car's sporty look. At the front we notice the hexagonal full LED headlights and the larger air intake in the front apron. The sloping roofline creates a natural transition into the rear, while the side windows help the slim and stretched theme.

The low-slung appearance of the rear is completed by the stretched taillights located at the outer edges. Perhaps the most noticeable aspect of the rear is the bumper with its trim element in satin-finish aluminum that makes the car look premium. It also connects the two exhaust tailpipes in a dynamic sweep at the rear apron's outer edges.

Moving inside the cabin, it's the traditional BMW driver-focused layout with the vital controls located ergonomically around the driver. Colors and material design have been developed by BMW Individual, including the two-tone Black and Schiaparelli Brown trim and light contrasting stitching.

Check out the press release for a complete description.

Source: BMW

↡ Advertisement

nice... [thumbsup]

i like the double layered front intakes but rear bumper is kind of over done around the exhaust, trying to match the front...

Hot!!? honestly speaking, every bmw also the same style. I see liao also sian. :mellow:

Yes and no. In a way each BMW is unmistakeably a BMW yet they are also clearly different from each other. Just like Merc - C class, E class, S class - they are similar yet different. What i dont' like is VW where each car is very similar to the other even in the details (eg. latest Golf VII tail lamps is similar to the passat). ANd now audi also starting to become like VW, the new A3 looking like a bigger A1 especially the interior.

Anyway this "baby 6 series" is definitely hot!!

Hot!!? honestly speaking, every bmw also the same style. I see liao also sian. :mellow:

Audi same, only knows how to design gimmicky LED lights and call it "car design" :D as a major car maker, something is missing.

The emphasis on so called family look has gone a bit too far for these car makers. [:(]

Very muscular looking. Hopefully it won't be 'pussy-fied' by the overwhelming female owners that are currently driving the E92 Coupes looking to upgrade.

And for gawd's sake BMW, stop pairing your beautiful designed bodies with small wheels as standard options.

Has BMW engineer run out of ideas for new design? How come the front and back all look the same one? Front take 3 series, back take 5 series. Infact their 3 series, 5 series and 7 series back view all look the same.

(edited)

Yup 4 series, also known as 3 series coupe killer :D

4 series is the new 3 series coupe. There is no 3 series coupe anymore.

Anyway, on the small standard wheels. There is a reason, so you will tick the bigger wheel option checkbox!

I think in Singapore, there are a few standard packages, but in other bigger markets, the option list is BIG, as in all German cars. Standard things that you expect even in economy cars, in german cars, they are option.

You want leather, there are options

Automatic climate control, optional

auto folding mirrors, heated mirrors, optional

navigation, optional.

Park assist optional,

The list goes on & on.

But now that BMW is the best seller on our sunny shore, maybe we have the same big roaster of option list (if they have not yet) like other markets.

Edited by Kiadaw

Has BMW engineer run out of ideas for new design? How come the front and back all look the same one? Front take 3 series, back take 5 series. Infact their 3 series, 5 series and 7 series back view all look the same.

It is supposed to replace the 3 series coupe and cabriolet... from hence on, no more 3 series coupe/cabriolet.. it will be called the 4 series.

↡ Advertisement