Kei car owners

Copen

Previously, there's a thread on Kei sports car. This time I wanna find Kei car owners. Any out there?

↡ Advertisement

44 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

What are the examples of kei sports car?

I don't own a Kei car but I've always been fascinated by the sheer cuteness and sporty look of Kei cars on the road.

Examples of Kei sports cars I can think of are:- Daihatsu Copen, Suzuki Cappuccino, Honda Beat and my personal favourite, the Honda S660.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, ThreeSeventyZed said:

I don't own a Kei car but I've always been fascinated by the sheer cuteness and sporty look of Kei cars on the road.

Examples of Kei sports cars I can think of are:- Daihatsu Copen, Suzuki Cappuccino, Honda Beat and my personal favourite, the Honda S660.

I am a lover of Kei car too. But then Singapore don't have a system for us to incentivize the purchase of kei car. You pay the same car park, same road tax and insurance. 

I used to drive a Suzuki Every, I would say it is suitable for Singapore road. No power but we also no need so much power, fuel efficient and easy to park. If you go to old shopping mall, you will appreciate a small car.

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am a lover of Kei car too. But then Singapore don't have a system for us to incentivize the purchase of kei car. You pay the same car park, same road tax and insurance. 

I used to drive a Suzuki Every, I would say it is suitable for Singapore road. No power but we also no need so much power, fuel efficient and easy to park. If you go to old shopping mall, you will appreciate a small car.

Small car definitely is good if you go to tight and narrow carpark as well as parallel parking. But boot space would be headache if you want to load some big items. 

20 hours ago, 13177 said:

Small car definitely is good if you go to tight and narrow carpark as well as parallel parking. But boot space would be headache if you want to load some big items. 

The boot space is actually not that bad. I would think it is comparable to cars like the Nissan Note. My Canbus can have the seats folded down to load bigger items. 

Daihatsu-Move-Canbus-21.jpg

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the Suzuki Every. You're so right about the advantage of parking a Kei car in tight spaces. I actually find Kei cars very suited for our overcrowded roads.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, ThreeSeventyZed said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the Suzuki Every. You're so right about the advantage of parking a Kei car in tight spaces. I actually find Kei cars very suited for our overcrowded roads.

Yah. you are right. Actually if our govt push for Kei kar, I am sure it will flourish in SG. But then won't happen lah. not fair to the conti players here. They don't have anything small. hahha.

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. you are right. Actually if our govt push for Kei kar, I am sure it will flourish in SG. But then won't happen lah. not fair to the conti players here. They don't have anything small. hahha.

Daimler got Smart

9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

VW have their Up, BMW with i3..

I personally like kei cars but they are not practical for a typical Singaporean family of four with their b&b family sedan.

Also if people are going to drive up, the kei cars may be too sluggish on NSHW.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Nissan Roox resembles Suzuki Solio. Are they both the same car with different branding?

Screenshot_20200229-080142~2.png

From my understanding, a lot of kei car are derived from Suzuki....

Other car manufacturers just rebadge it.

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, sinistral said:

VW have their Up, BMW with i3..

I personally like kei cars but they are not practical for a typical Singaporean family of four with their b&b family sedan.

Also if people are going to drive up, the kei cars may be too sluggish on NSHW.

Yeah. But you also forgot there is a group of ppl who is unmarried and staying alone. So it is feasible for them. 

Yah. I agree on the nshw part. I will deem dangerous to driven in nshw also...

38 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yeah. But you also forgot there is a group of ppl who is unmarried and staying alone. So it is feasible for them. 

Yah. I agree on the nshw part. I will deem dangerous to driven in nshw also...

Some people who is single might prefer a bigger car, cause more space and more power. 😂 

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Some people who is single might prefer a bigger car, cause more space and more power. 😂 

Haha. Yah. It’s preference. However, if you are living alone, and you travel like point a to b. A key car is more than enough. 

You can go faster with a Honda s660. Mid engine rear wheel drive..... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1