Left Msia without chop

Pandaeyes

Hi

Need advice on the following.

Wanted to go to Msia via 2nd link today. Very bad jam from Tuas to Msia checkpoint. Was in jam from. 11-215pm. My young kids were screaming and crying as they were restless and hungry. I made a U turn back to Spore after clearing Msia outgoing immigration without a stamp chop at incoming Msia immigration. There was a U turn sign showing "Singapura." Was that signage for the purposes of making a turn back to Spore?

I managed to clear ICA immigration.

Any issues since my records at Msia would show that I'm still in Msia but in actual fact I'm in Spore?

If there are issues what shd I do?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You might have a problem going into Malaysia next time.

You can be charged for illegal exit out of Malaysia.

The next time you go in you need to explain to them.

Hopefully they listen to you.

(edited)

if u only hv 1 chop, than u in deep shlt.

0 or 2 than ok

Got 1 chop. Whole family.

So then what can I do?

Go to msia immigration n surrender. Get my family into jail?

Edited by Pandaeyes

since you cleared MY custom, might as well go in.

why turn back? [hur]

anyway, on your next entry, just explained to the officer and prepare to go office and get a higher authority to stamp the exit chop.

don't bother to go MY high commision, they don't care.

since you cleared MY custom, might as well go in.

why turn back? [hur]

anyway, on your next entry, just explained to the officer and prepare to go office and get a higher authority to stamp the exit chop.

don't bother to go MY high commision, they don't care.

My wife was kpkb. Ask me to turn back.

My wife was kpkb. Ask me to turn back.

sometimes woman can be.........nevermind <_<

like I said, the officer will direct you to the office.

be humble and apologetic .....do not offer kopi unless they stress they are really thirsty.

Happened to me years ago where i did not realise passport not stamped at msia immigration. Inside jb for 2 days and the outgoing msian side asked why no stamp to show me went in......either because the shock on my face was classic and real (i did not know it was not stamped because heard the chop chop of metal stamp sound and just took back passport) or he was convinced by my answer that i honestly did not know....there was fortunately a toll ticket showing time and date paid still in between pages of passport.

He asked me to follow him to another building and i was shown to the office of either his superior or supervisor.....same explanation given, of cos, felt really embarrassed and apologetic by then....the supervisor/officer listened and looked at me......and then stamped my passport. All over within 3 minutes and boy, did i make sure everytime from then to check that passport was stamped before moving off. I was alone then....no coffee money and please do not make false police report of lost passports. That could land you in more trouble.

Next time, as one bro suggest, when you go in again, if the officer asked, be truthful and apologetic. Henceforth, please be calm and be careful to check.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Was checking Onemotoring webcams today. Traffic going up north was indeed bad.

At Woodlands, from late morning the jam already tailed back to "Woodlands Flyover".

As for Tuas, it was at "After Tuas West Road". Wonder how was the situation on the Malaysian side of the 2nd link.

God help these souls. Glad I brought my kids up north the week before school holiday started.

Report passport loss . Get a replacement .

I know it sound stupid but best to get a new passport.

I'm in your shoes years back and the amount of custom troubles i encounter whenever i went into Msia is really... troublesosome to make it short n simple.

Everything solved after i got a new passport.

Hi

Need advice on the following.

Wanted to go to Msia via 2nd link today. Very bad jam from Tuas to Msia checkpoint. Was in jam from. 11-215pm. My young kids were screaming and crying as they were restless and hungry. I made a U turn back to Spore after clearing Msia outgoing immigration without a stamp chop at incoming Msia immigration. There was a U turn sign showing "Singapura." Was that signage for the purposes of making a turn back to Spore?

I managed to clear ICA immigration.

Any issues since my records at Msia would show that I'm still in Msia but in actual fact I'm in Spore?

If there are issues what shd I do?

This is quite serious. You should go back tomorrow and get the exist stamp on all passports.

Better if someone, who can speak malay, accompany you.

if u only hv 1 chop, than u in deep shlt.

0 or 2 than ok

Then how about 5 chop?

It happened to me on 10 Jun 2010. Went in with 2 friends using Woodland Causeway. Went in about 1030am and there was no jam. Drove to the counter and pass the passport to the Malaysian Custom Officer. Base on my experience, the clearing of our passport will not take more than 5 mins. Me and my friends were chatting inside the car and soon we felt that something was not right. The whole process was very long and I keep hearing that Custom guy keep stamping on our stack of passport.

I quickly ask my friend to see what is that guy doing. We were very shocked to see that guy seems like in a daze with his eyes half closed. He stare at our passport for a long time and then chop on 1 of it and then fall back in his chair. Then wake up again and and stare at our passport , stamp and fall back to chair again. He repeated the whole process 3 times while we were staring at him.

We did not interrupt his 'wonderful' dream and only managed to take back our passport after about 20 mins. Immediately I told my friend to checked our passport. Shocked to see that mine was chopped 5 times, 2nd friend chopped 3 times , 3rd friend was lucky to have only 1 chop. Immediately stop my car next to the custom office and went in to see his superior. His superior was also shocked when he sees our passport. He called that custom guy to come into the office. When that guy came in, his superior was also shocked to see that his uniform was very untidy and his Tie was not worn properly.

We were asked to wait outside the office while his superior talked to him. 10 mins later, that guy came out and talked to us. He keep insisting that we saw the wrong person and he was not in the counter at that time as he was in the toilet. Soon his superior walked out from the office and that guy quickly offer his handshake to us. The superior took our passport and sign off on all the additional chops and apologize to us. We left shortly after. After this nasty incident, I made up my mind and went to apply for MACS and no need for any chop anymore. Malaysia really 'boleh'.

i haven't been in this position before, but i suggest not to risk going to customs and kenah questioning etc, at the mercy of the officers. somemore, not 1 person, is so many. i suggest you check with the embassy or whatever. or go MFA. settle it on singapore soil.

↡ Advertisement