What is the diff btw Starhub Cable and Fibre broadband ?

Spiderman302

Decided to just recontract my SH fibre 1gbps to save the hassle of all the stupidly onerous ONT activation procedures when trying to switch provider.

How much can I ask for this brand new wifi router on carousell?

Read that it is exclusive to SH and not available commercially.

Keep it as a spare...selling there you vomit blood

No point wasting time on lowballers

• Praise 3

Actually this linksys router is pretty decent. I stay 7th floor. Router in living room abit near window. I can receive my wifi signal when im downstairs void deck hahaha

Signal is 1 bar lah.. Can surf Mcf

Edited by AndrewLee72

Yeah, will keep as spare.

This wifi router is actually pretty decent one with unique  capability  to enhance 5ghz band bypassing the crowded standard channels by using seldom channels reserved by government and once it detects the channel being used by government, it changes it away. Sneaky... But legal. 

If I don't already have an Asus AC88u, I can probably use it. 

Keep it as a spare...selling there you vomit blood

No point wasting time on lowballers

• Praise 2

I am switching from M1 to SH in a week time.  My current router is ASUS AC88U, when I switch over to SH, they will give me a Linksys router.  Should I continue using my ASUS router or switch to Linksys.  Btw, which is the better one?  Thanks for any feed back and recommendation.

I am switching from M1 to SH in a week time. My current router is ASUS AC88U, when I switch over to SH, they will give me a Linksys router. Should I continue using my ASUS router or switch to Linksys. Btw, which is the better one? Thanks for any feed back and recommendation.

you can always set up and see if it is better. For me i renew and got this linksys router, yet I am still using the old dlink router cos duno why linksys signal is very weak.

For android users, just get a chrome cast II and bypass all the limitations of TV's inbuilt media interface and apps. 

As mentioned by some, the performance of the apps and streaming depends very much on the cpu and ram the TV model comes in. Also depends on how often the apps are updated by the TV manufacturer.

I cast/stream my movies and drama from my NAS using my synology apps. I also stream the Netflix Ultra HD to my TV with my 2011 Sharp TV with rudimentary media capability which I bypassed with my Chromecast. Every runs smooth and lag free in ultra HD quality.

Caveat: am using wired connection to my NAS and router. 

I thought chromecast only does 720p. I have one but it doesn't exceed 720p.

And don't think got newer version than that.

I am switching from M1 to SH in a week time.  My current router is ASUS AC88U, when I switch over to SH, they will give me a Linksys router.  Should I continue using my ASUS router or switch to Linksys.  Btw, which is the better one?  Thanks for any feed back and recommendation.

I think asus AC88 is still good enough. I have that at home. But why not just test signal strength and see which one is better.

My home routers are all asus. 

Test both and at least you know your Linksys is not DOA.

If dead can use warranty to get a new set.

Other than that if your Asus is working well I think not much difference.

:D

You can try upgrading to Chromecast ultra and using ethernet connection, can go up to 4K even. 

I have both chrome cast and chrome cast ultra. The chromecast (wifi connection) was relegated to bedroom TV while the ultra (ethernet connection) replaced it's position in the main living room TV. 

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/chromecast-ultra

I thought chromecast only does 720p. I have one but it doesn't exceed 720p.

And don't think got newer version than that.

• Praise 1

For android users, just get a chrome cast II and bypass all the limitations of TV's inbuilt media interface and apps. 

As mentioned by some, the performance of the apps and streaming depends very much on the cpu and ram the TV model comes in. Also depends on how often the apps are updated by the TV manufacturer.

I cast/stream my movies and drama from my NAS using my synology apps. I also stream the Netflix Ultra HD to my TV with my 2011 Sharp TV with rudimentary media capability which I bypassed with my Chromecast. Every runs smooth and lag free in ultra HD quality.

Caveat: am using wired connection to my NAS and router. 

My desktop is a 2 year old ACER.

My TV is a three year old Samsung.

I've tried chromecast and while the TV can 'see' the desktop and the desktop can 'see' the TV I can't get them to talk.

I'd really like to ditch Star hub now because its got little or nothing that I want to view even over the last FREE days of this CNY.

Any ideas how I can get chrome cast to work.

I've set my living room TV up with cabling from my laptop to the TV but my missus uses that TV and watches stuff I've no interest in.

You can try upgrading to Chromecast ultra and using ethernet connection, can go up to 4K even.

I have both chrome cast and chrome cast ultra. The chromecast (wifi connection) was relegated to bedroom TV while the ultra (ethernet connection) replaced it's position in the main living room TV.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/chromecast-ultra

Ah ok. Haha I'm very chin chai one. I don't have Netflix so no need for now. Whether my youtube streams at 720p don't bother me lol

I don't cast from my pc to my chromecast TV.... I usually cast via my synology Nas media streaming app/YouTube/netflix from my hp. 

But you can try this page's instruction, seem quite instructive.... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/199565/mirror-anything-from-your-computer-to-your-tv-using-google-chromecast/amp/

My desktop is a 2 year old ACER.

My TV is a three year old Samsung.

I've tried chromecast and while the TV can 'see' the desktop and the desktop can 'see' the TV I can't get them to talk.

I'd really like to ditch Star hub now because its got little or nothing that I want to view even over the last FREE days of this CNY.

Any ideas how I can get chrome cast to work.

I've set my living room TV up with cabling from my laptop to the TV but my missus uses that TV and watches stuff I've no interest in.

• Praise 2

Acer talk Taiwanese while Samsung talk Korean so can see each other just cannot talk to each other.

But the simple answer is buy one TV for the wift to watch and one TV for the husband to watch.

TVs are cheap and easy to buy while wives are harder to replace and no guarantee the new wife wants to watch the same programs as you.

So just buy another TV with WiFi.

:D

↡ Advertisement