Honest Used Car dealers! COME IN!

RadX

hi kiddywee,

thanks for the reply.

yes, it is with the paranomic roof. colour is silver.

but since you mentioned that resale to local market is not likely, so means export more likely.

if that being the case, it should not matter where is it serviced rite? do car buyers at the other countries ask to check servicing records?

my thinking is that the price of the body will drop with time, especially if it is around 1.5years we are talking about.

but if from your experience, it remains about the same, then it should make sense to drive till the end of the car life. paper now is about 34.5k. drive to end is about 27.5k. so nearly 2 years lose only 7K....it sound too good to be true....

correct me if i made any mistakes in my thinking.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Truth be told I have heard a lot of issues with the F10s, mostly due to electrical and gearbox issues. I do not drive a Beemer but I have a friend working in PML who agreed that BMW somehow did a half arse job with the F10 development. The current breed of beemers are fine, BMW bought the gearboxes from ZF. FYI ZF makes the gearboxes for the bulk all the SBS transit buses, they are known to be very durable.

Probably only a Mitsubishi air trek or a Subaru outback. CRV won't be able to fetch such a price.

Hard to expect big cuts from popular cars.

A Toyota Altis's depreciation is around 10k already even for the old facelift.

Thats what becomes of popular cars. And people still buy them. I don't see what's the big deal when's my cars can be compared to them at much lower depreciation.

To each its own I suppose.

whether cut anot, still depend on dealer rite. if his ride is stuck for months even it's popular, he might need to take calculated risk to lower his expectations. yes, to each his own i agree.

hi kiddywee,

thanks for the reply.

yes, it is with the paranomic roof. colour is silver.

but since you mentioned that resale to local market is not likely, so means export more likely.

if that being the case, it should not matter where is it serviced rite? do car buyers at the other countries ask to check servicing records?

my thinking is that the price of the body will drop with time, especially if it is around 1.5years we are talking about.

but if from your experience, it remains about the same, then it should make sense to drive till the end of the car life. paper now is about 34.5k. drive to end is about 27.5k. so nearly 2 years lose only 7K....it sound too good to be true....

correct me if i made any mistakes in my thinking.

It's correct.

At the end of the car's life, you get back 55% of the omv value, thats the only paper you get back.

Body value not included yet.

The earlier ages of the car has already depreciated, meaning the first owners have made the losses for you.

If you're the first owner then you would already know the values that have depreciated since purchase.

When due for export, it doesn't matter if car is agent serviced.

Most likely would be exported to Russia, thats where most of the SUV in Singapore are exported to, high demand over there.

hi kiddywee,

what's sort of price my rx300 body can fetch now since you mention that such cars are in demand in russia?

so you are saying that 1-2 years won't make much of a difference to its body?

and that's true, means I will lose about $7k for close to 2 years of driving, means only $3.5kpa???

$3.5kpa depreciation for a parf 3L car( if it's true) is incredible in todays crazy market.

for coe of 80k now, then why don't people do the same and buy cars of similar type and enjoy such incredibly low depreciation?

could you kindly clarify this point?

thanks so much.

Other than 2nd car dealer tampered in the odometer do u know if direct seller actually do that too or if u sort of heard it? Recently i was interested in a 06 car with 3 owners but mileage only 72k and personally I had meet up with the direct owner selling the car.. So I was thinking is there possibility that he knew how to do it or done it somewhere? Thanks :)

hi kiddywee,

what's sort of price my rx300 body can fetch now since you mention that such cars are in demand in russia?

so you are saying that 1-2 years won't make much of a difference to its body?

and that's true, means I will lose about $7k for close to 2 years of driving, means only $3.5kpa???

$3.5kpa depreciation for a parf 3L car( if it's true) is incredible in todays crazy market.

for coe of 80k now, then why don't people do the same and buy cars of similar type and enjoy such incredibly low depreciation?

could you kindly clarify this point?

thanks so much.

The question why people do not buy such cars its because its been "over-used" so to speak.

Many customers actually prefer a much newer car.

When you buy a car brand new, minus off the parf rebate, the remaining balance divided by 10 years.

Thats how much you depreciate.

That's why many 1st owners actually make more losses, they tank the losses for the 2nd owner to have it a little easier.

Previously, cars were way way cheaper than now. LOL.

As long as you stick to the same car, you'll see the savings at the end, sort of.

But if you keep changing, you're actually spending more.

Other than 2nd car dealer tampered in the odometer do u know if direct seller actually do that too or if u sort of heard it? Recently i was interested in a 06 car with 3 owners but mileage only 72k and personally I had meet up with the direct owner selling the car.. So I was thinking is there possibility that he knew how to do it or done it somewhere? Thanks :)

To be honest, I've heard some direct owners get such contacts from workshops.

As for the car with 3 owners, you wouldn't know if the 2nd owner bought from a car dealer or not.

Easiest way to tell, is by checking the leather condition.

If you can, request for a one-time servicing at the agent, bear cost by you.

Or to send in for a diagnosis check, also bear cost by you.

Just to play safe.

Even for direct owners they should be quite open about it, although some that just want to let the car go will keep disallowing it to happen.

The more defensive, the more cautious you should be.

Very professional and straightforward. I like dealing with people that have your style.

You should give lessons to a young punk car salesman here named Oblevoon or Oblevvon who keeps posting about how "professional" and "honest" he is. More interested in tooting his own horn and bolstering his own self esteem than in climbing up the ladder and doing well. A typical ah beng salesman. If you are able to teach him the way business should be done, it'll be a bonus too ;)

I'll be getting in touch with you soon sir. [;)]

Hi guys. Just saw the thread.

I hope i'm the salesman you're looking for.

I've got customer lists and contacts whom i often meet up with for coffee for you guys to reference on.

I don't actually know what i should be saying here.

I'll start off with my services.

Basically I'm a sincere salesman that always tries to get the best for customers because my commision is fixed anyway.

As a salesman I must know how to play both sides of the field to make it a win-win-win(me).

But of course, whenever there are insincere buyers, every salesman would change their tone.

We are not beggars and should not be looked down upon that way from customers.

My aftersales services are 18/7. If an ex customer's car breaks down, or battery can't start, etc. I'll be right over to check out the problem and help in whatever way i can. Car Dealers have the most "lobang's" for cars anyway.

Even if an ex customer were to change to another car that my company doesnt have in stock, i'll take an off day to go car hunting with him/her.

So far my customer's give me a little bit of coffee money for taking my time to help out.

There is alot of information which I cannot release here so if you have any questions, PM me.

Furthermore, to the bargain hunters out there. A good bargain, is never a good deal. Good conditioned cars always cost more and don't expect brand new condition from a USED car. Cheap and good is never always good.

Tips to the rest of the readers here. Always check the leather condition and match it to the mileage. If the leather is re-wrapped, you have right to be cautious about buying.

Place a deposit if you still really like the car, and ask the salesman to write in the agreement that the mileage is legit.

At the same time, once bank loan goes through, take the car down to the agent for a plug-in. Because once mileage is tweaked, warranty is void and you can never go back for servicing at the agent. I have to admit that many dealers tweak mileages.

And thats why I've changed company twice already, even for me there would be risks involved if a company chooses to leave me for dead.

Reputation and customers follows the salesman, not the dealership.

Most people working in the car trade just don't realise that yet.

Cheers

Merry Christmas!

hi kiddywee,

thanks for the advice.

u do sound honest and professional in the used car trade.

could u PM me your contact just in case i need to upgrade my car?

hi kiddywee,

thanks for the advice.

u do sound honest and professional in the used car trade.

could u PM me your contact just in case i need to upgrade my car?

u really think so :wacko:

Very professional and straightforward. I like dealing with people that have your style.

You should give lessons to a young punk car salesman here named Oblevoon or Oblevvon who keeps posting about how "professional" and "honest" he is. More interested in tooting his own horn and bolstering his own self esteem than in climbing up the ladder and doing well. A typical ah beng salesman. If you are able to teach him the way business should be done, it'll be a bonus too ;)

I'll be getting in touch with you soon sir. [;)]

Thank you for your support.

There is no way it can be taught because I was brought up this way as a kid.

It depends on how open people are and I do not entertain arrogance.

We're all human and on the same level.

No matter how rich or poor you are, we both need each other, customer and salesman.

If I want to earn money, I have to treat you nice, But if a customer wants a good deal, He too has to play the game. Right?

To be honest, I've heard some direct owners get such contacts from workshops.

As for the car with 3 owners, you wouldn't know if the 2nd owner bought from a car dealer or not.

Easiest way to tell, is by checking the leather condition.

If you can, request for a one-time servicing at the agent, bear cost by you.

Or to send in for a diagnosis check, also bear cost by you.

Just to play safe.

Even for direct owners they should be quite open about it, although some that just want to let the car go will keep disallowing it to happen.

The more defensive, the more cautious you should be.

Ic thanks bro for the advices.. :) will take note on that..

The question why people do not buy such cars its because its been "over-used" so to speak.

Many customers actually prefer a much newer car.

When you buy a car brand new, minus off the parf rebate, the remaining balance divided by 10 years.

Thats how much you depreciate.

That's why many 1st owners actually make more losses, they tank the losses for the 2nd owner to have it a little easier.

Previously, cars were way way cheaper than now. LOL.

As long as you stick to the same car, you'll see the savings at the end, sort of.

But if you keep changing, you're actually spending more.

Ya that's y I am 1 of those who wasted a lot of $$ expensive interest or hobbies I should said.. I can't seems to drive a car for more than 1 or 2 years.. Backside itchy drive awhile keep wan to change.. Lol..

any one have experience with zion auto located at katong shopping center? Planning to get a car from them.

Don't waste time. I'm looking at fortuner n they mentioned car need repaint so asked me next day ok, I oked.

Then I asked y car posted for sometime then respray, answered cos got scratches. Do u really think so?

Next day, told them gg down to view then tell me still at defu lane shop for grooming. So I said I view there. Condition so so only as car dirty n interior stench but claimed previous owner take good care n just changed tires worth 3-4k.

Typical car sales guys who tell u blindly that car well maintained n exaggerate price of fitments...

Thank you for your support.

There is no way it can be taught because I was brought up this way as a kid.

It depends on how open people are and I do not entertain arrogance.

We're all human and on the same level.

No matter how rich or poor you are, we both need each other, customer and salesman.

If I want to earn money, I have to treat you nice, But if a customer wants a good deal, He too has to play the game. Right?

Thanks buddy for coming in and enlightening all of us here. I am sure you will get your fair share of customers here seeing your genuine responses as well as the willingness to help. Really appreciate it and I must say, that your insights and demeanour are a 'breath of fresh air'.

Looking into 2013, here's wishing you a great year and years ahead with prosperity in the trade you are in! I wish you well! HUAT AH!!! [laugh] [laugh]

We shd catch up sometime for a cuppa! [wave]

↡ Advertisement