Icarsclub

Baphomet

Esso you get 18.3% from using citi dividend, then plus 2% for smiles.

It is not 4% for smiles. Who gave you that idea? That was the long long ago calculation, not any more.

$30 redemption for 750 litres pumped. This is only about 2%.

Yes. My bad, you are right.

http://www.essosmiles.com.sg/aboutsmiles_redeem_smiles.aspx

It's 1litre pumped = 1 point

So $30 petrol out of 750 litre petrol pumped is about $1,500 & that is about 2%.

Citibank credit card discount 14.5% + Cashback on Dividend MasterCard 5% + 2% (Smile Points redemption) it'll be about ~21.5% discount.

Any other petrol station + credit card combination gives better than this?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards/privileges/fuel-power-programme.html#tab2

here's the link.

Basic is already 21%.

As they discount $3 for every $50 pumped, u make sure each trip only pump this amount to maximize the benefit.

As for the additional 3.33%, it's only applicable for uob one credit card.

Do note the tnc for the one card. Just Google uob one.

(edited)

I think I got better things to do than to pump only $50 every tank just to maximize the 6% bro. The iCarsclub card gives me a flat 20% no gimmick no nothing.

The 3.33% is also not fixed. If you spend $300 they give you $30 every 3 months. Spend $350, $380, $400 and the rebate is still $30. I got better things to do than to make sure I pump zhun zhun $300/mth.

I do have the UOB one card... I use it for other stuff.

The Citibank card seems like a better proposition.

Edited by Detach8

(edited)

I don't mind trying but I am abit apprehesive abt the car owner. Like if they passed on Dink/Donk n whatever nonsense to the one renting from them. I meant if I hv to use my own car cam on rental car to safeguard myself then kinda troublesome.

Hi Qpik, to quell your worries we advise all owners and renters to meet up prior to the first transaction. The owner will run the renter through his car, including the defects (dings, dongs, kerb rash...) and the renter is also advised to take pictures of any existing issues.

By and large, most of our transactions have been very cordial and a lot of our members have become friends as some are regular renters. We are trying to build a tight-knit motoring community and we are proud to say that we are moving well in that direction.

yeah but like u said, u considering to rent a car from iCarsclub. as for me, i was thinking what are the possible scenarios that those planning to rent might encounter. like any additional safeguards to implement etc.

Hihi Guyver, yup really long nvr see u. LG (life is good, hectic but good).

I agreed with the points you hv raised but I think iCarsclub do scrutinize those joining to rent car.

Yes Qpik you are right. All potential renters go through a very stringent screening process. All renters are above 25 years of age, with two years of driving experience and 3 years of clean driving record.

Owners are protected by both a renters' deposit and comprehensive insurance from DirectAsia.

Edited by iCarsclub_Team

ok my guess are thereabouts correct. only people with second car will bother to do it as it seems to mainly cover cost of maintaining the car...

did they install a device in your car that can accept signals via internet? I am curious how it works and whether you can authorise it remotely or you have to be present to authorise it.

last but not least, I thought icarsclub allows rentals on weekdays? the other day I was fiddling with it on Thursday and the portal didn't seem to warn me of not able to rent it on that day?

Hi Ace, thanks for your queries. We do have many members who rent out their cars regularly, and a lot of them own only one car. Over time, some members acquire trustworthy and reliable renters who rent regularly from them, for weekly church service or big shopping trips to the supermarket. Through this, they get a decent source of passive income every month. After all, all our cars have only a 10 year lifespan. :)

Owners' cars are installed with an iCarbox. This box allows the owner to track his car (via GPS) and monitor its speed. It also allows keyless entry and remote locking/unlocking via the mobile phone. You can choose to meet the renter to hand over the car or choose to allow him to have access to the car without even meeting him (transactions, unlocking/locking all done through the phone).

aiyah...this kind of company always cheat people

Hi Lin. We are a registered and legitimate company with offices in Singapore and China, and expanding. We are Asia's biggest peer to peer car sharing marketplace. We are also LTA acknowledged and regularly covered by various local press like Straits Times, Zaobao, CNA, Singapore Business Review... and international press like Japan Nikkei and various China media.

There were miscommunication in our early days due to processes being put in place and confusion with certain promotions but there was never any intention to cheat. We are in this for the long haul and intend to bring peer to peer car sharing to many more people as we believe that this is the way for a better transportation landscape and a sustainable future.

(edited)

Wah ... both of you chit chatting till song song here.

Long time no see Qpik, how are you?

Personally, I will NOT want to put up my own car for hire. Everything will be ok as long as nothing happens. What if the following happens :

1. Accident (yes covers by insurance but your car in workshop, any replacement car?)

2. Dents and scratches - Hirer can always say, when I collect the car, don't have leh. What can you do?

3. Police called you up and say that your car is being hold back for investigation because the person in the car was found to have drugs.

We can rent our car out for 2-3yrs and let's say $5,000. Kana one of the above, "bo hua" liao in my opinion.

hahah legit questions!

Edited by Marvelicious

(edited)

Wah ... both of you chit chatting till song song here.

Long time no see Qpik, how are you?

Personally, I will NOT want to put up my own car for hire. Everything will be ok as long as nothing happens. What if the following happens :

1. Accident (yes covers by insurance but your car in workshop, any replacement car?)

2. Dents and scratches - Hirer can always say, when I collect the car, don't have leh. What can you do?

3. Police called you up and say that your car is being hold back for investigation because the person in the car was found to have drugs.

We can rent our car out for 2-3yrs and let's say $5,000. Kana one of the above, "bo hua" liao in my opinion.

Hi Guyver. Allow us to clear your doubts.

1. Yes, owners are provided by a replacement car.

2. All owners are protected by a renters' deposit and comprehensive insurance coverage. Photos of the car are taken from every angle, with emphasis on existing knocks and dings. It is rare for such issues to happen, if it happens and there is a standoff, we will step in as middleman. The renter or iCarsclub will repair the damages and iCarsclub will bill the renter.

3. Our cars are not allowed into JB (which makes drug trafficking a much lower possibility). This has never happened before but we have all the records of the transaction that clearly states the car was rented out and we will provide such evidence.

Peer to peer car sharing is a big and growing phenomenon in US and Europe, and here in Singapore, we are the first in Asia to bring this service. Thousands of transactions have happened without any issues. We believe that as this service grows in popularity more people will get around to it. It just makes a lot more financial sense that we pay for the use of a car when we need it, and not pay for it to be sitting in the carpark for 22hours a day.

And in Singapore, cars are getting more expensive and roads are getting more congested. It just makes car ownership more and more unattainable and tedious. Hopefully when there are cars at every HDB carpark available for sharing 24/7 a day, people have access to cars as and when they want and make full use of its 10years lifespan. It's almost like having a car, but not paying for the full ownership of it.

Thank you once again.

Edited by iCarsclub_Team

2. All owners are protected by a renters' deposit and comprehensive insurance coverage. Photos of the car are taken from every angle, with emphasis on existing knocks and dings. It is rare for such issues to happen, if it happens and there is a standoff, we will step in as middleman. The renter or iCarsclub will repair the damages and iCarsclub will bill the renter.

3. Our cars are not allowed into JB (which makes drug trafficking a much lower possibility). This has never happened before but we have all the records of the transaction that clearly states the car was rented out and we will provide such evidence.

Peer to peer car sharing is a big and growing phenomenon in US and Europe, and here in Singapore, we are the first in Asia to bring this service. Thousands of transactions have happened without any issues. We believe that as this service grows in popularity more people will get around to it. It just makes a lot more financial sense that we pay for the use of a car when we need it, and not pay for it to be sitting in the carpark for 22hours a day.

And in Singapore, cars are getting more expensive and roads are getting more congested. It just makes car ownership more and more unattainable and tedious. Hopefully when there are cars at every HDB carpark available for sharing 24/7 a day, people have access to cars as and when they want and make full use of its 10years lifespan. It's almost like having a car, but not paying for the full ownership of it.

Thank you once again.

Thank you for your clarification.

1. Glad to hear that replacement car is provided but is it on the ground that no matter who is at fault for the accident?

2. If the car needs 3 days for repair, would the owner of the car get free replacement car for usage?

3. Yes. The car is not allowed into JB but if the renter still drive the car pass the Causeway, what can be done to stop them?

When a car is being seized under investigation for criminal offence, they may compound the car for purpose of evidence collection or even classify the vehicle as evidence. So if let's say a renter were to rent a car, drove it to JB and then came back with drugs and got caught.

Let say the car get compounded by the CNB for 3 months, would the owner be compensated in anyway?

Having said that, of course the chances of the above happening is really remote but if it does, just would like to know what is the extend of the inconvenience and loss a car owner may face if it does.

Turbocharged

Thank you once again.

Cars sitting in car parks don't contribute to congestions on the road. By increasing the utility of cars, iCarsclub is making the congestion worse than it is. This is the idea I don't like.

Cars sitting in car parks don't contribute to congestions on the road. By increasing the utility of cars, iCarsclub is making the congestion worse than it is. This is the idea I don't like.

Two sides to a coin I guess. :) We help to reduce car consumption as would-be car buyers might refrain from getting a car knowing that there is such a service (especially in the future when the service allows for 7 days a week rental).

Also, most members who rent a car only use it for "a big reason". Example to bring family to picnic, supermarket shopping, weekly church or shopping at Ikea. By and large, you don't see people renting a car just to go to say buy lunch or dinner at a nearby hawker centre. And I am sure most car owners use their cars for such simple errands, thereby putting more cars on the road.

What?? Increase utility of car = fail? Then buy car and put in carpark?

Display car?

Like that can open museum :D put some classic cars up on display

(edited)

Hey... is that you, Cliff?

Well I must say there's a slight difference between car *sharing* and car *pooling*. In USA, or at least in CA where I visit annually, car *pooling* is a big thing, i.e. you hop onto somebody else's car and go across the bay bridge.

I know there's a similar car sharing thing (RelayRides) and a decent sedan goes for US$50-100/day considering their cars are magnitudes cheaper than it is here, I think our current pricing model really isn't in favor of owners.

P.S. Consider adding iCarsclub to the Wikipedia article on Carsharing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carsharing

Edited by Detach8

(edited)

I might consider the service when my car expires in five years time. Sigh. Much as I love cars and would love to own one, I find it poor financial sense to buy a car in Singapore but have it sit in the car park most times. Well unless things change, ie. need to use a car for work or cars not as expensive...

100k to buy an entry level Jap car for 10 years?! Not including insurance, road tax, maintenance, parking...? Crazy does not even describe it. haha.

Guess it be ok if i can have access to a few cars that sits in the carpark nearest to me and use it only when I need it. See how la

Edited by Marvelicious

Thank you for your clarification.

1. Glad to hear that replacement car is provided but is it on the ground that no matter who is at fault for the accident?

2. If the car needs 3 days for repair, would the owner of the car get free replacement car for usage?

3. Yes. The car is not allowed into JB but if the renter still drive the car pass the Causeway, what can be done to stop them?

When a car is being seized under investigation for criminal offence, they may compound the car for purpose of evidence collection or even classify the vehicle as evidence. So if let's say a renter were to rent a car, drove it to JB and then came back with drugs and got caught.

Let say the car get compounded by the CNB for 3 months, would the owner be compensated in anyway?

Having said that, of course the chances of the above happening is really remote but if it does, just would like to know what is the extend of the inconvenience and loss a car owner may face if it does.

Hi Guyver, apologies we missed out your post.

1. Not 100% sure what you mean as the owner won't handover an obviously damaged car to a renter. All existing obvious "damages" on the car are kept in record on the owner's and our end. The renter is also advised to take pictures of the car prior to rental. Rest assure that a replacement car will be provided to the car owner if the renter damages his car.

2. Yes, the owner will get a free replacement car for three days of his vehicle's downtime.

3. Every renter is informed very clearly and explicitly about the consequences of driving the car across the causeway. Once the car goes past the Causeway, he will receive an SMS every minute warning him to turn back. Both iCarsclub and the owner will also be informed. We will be calling the renter immediately, and even the police if the situation calls for it. On return, the renter will be kicked out of iCarsclub and his deposit will be forfeited.

Yes, the owner will be compensated by the renter if his car is impounded by the police.

Also, yes we agree. Your questions paint an extreme scenario of situations. Although it has never happened before, we fully understand your concerns as a car owner and appreciate your questions. It will certainly help us to constantly improve our insurance coverage as we are always meeting up with our insurer to negotiate the best protection possible for our members.

Thank you once again.

(edited)

Hey... is that you, Cliff?

Well I must say there's a slight difference between car *sharing* and car *pooling*. In USA, or at least in CA where I visit annually, car *pooling* is a big thing, i.e. you hop onto somebody else's car and go across the bay bridge.

I know there's a similar car sharing thing (RelayRides) and a decent sedan goes for US$50-100/day considering their cars are magnitudes cheaper than it is here, I think our current pricing model really isn't in favor of owners.

P.S. Consider adding iCarsclub to the Wikipedia article on Carsharing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carsharing

Hi, no, I am not Clifford. My English is way better than his. [:p]

Yes definitely, in fact, a big difference between peer to peer car sharing and car pooling.

Much as we want our owners to charge more for their cars, the current market condition, user sentiments and a few other issues make it hard to do so. The US market is a much more "ready market". However, over time, together with certain changes, we are confident that we will reach that stage.

Thank you our dear loyal member, we will certainly take your Wikipedia advice on board.

Edited by iCarsclub_Team

Dear all, if there are further questions about iCarsclub, please feel free to do so by dropping us a private message. We do not want to be seen as advertising and are trying to refrain from posting on the forums unless necessary.

Appreciate your understanding. Thanks guys!

Dear all, if there are further questions about iCarsclub, please feel free to do so by dropping us a private message. We do not want to be seen as advertising and are trying to refrain from posting on the forums unless necessary.

Appreciate your understanding. Thanks guys!

As long as u not posting any advert, more than happy for u guys to post here. I learnt a lot from the postings.

Just wonder, why do u allow car owners to post unrealistic rental fees?

↡ Advertisement