SG Navy accident

Donut

2 legs gone, left arm gone, right hand left 2 fingers, wah lao, this is way beyond blindness in my opinion. Just thinking about it is damn saddening lor.

Very sad to imagine a normal person becoming handicap over night. May GOD give him strength and courage to overcome this difficult time.

Hope he has a smooth recovery. Poor fella.

Thumbs up to the Navy MOs who resuscitated him. 3 major limbs injury. really no joke.

Also thumbs up for those who are around when the incident happened.

Not easy to forget the scenario.

Omg..the victim is working on something like this?

I reckon it's way bigger than that...the ropes involved are for securing the ship to the pier, just imagine the diameter of the rope being a few inches thick. I'm sure the SAF will be able to provide him and his family with adequate compensation.

Supercharged

I'm sure the SAF will be able to provide him and his family with adequate compensation.

even those die one oso get not much... so lower expectation

even those die one oso get not much... so lower expectation

die is one off case.

but this one need long term medical care and support for rest of his life. he probably need a full time care taker to take care of him.

saf not known to be disabled friendly.

no legs. one arm and 2 finger. what job can he do in SAF?

Likely Saf will post him or downgrade him to admin / logistic work, he can learn to type with his 2 fingers...

How good he will remains would depends on his strength and determination for the future, Saf will have to look deeper for Saf regular soldier/s who protect us during peace time.

Accident happened due to human error or poor judgement of the situation.

Neutral Newbie

Likely Saf will post him or downgrade him to admin / logistic work, he can learn to type with his 2 fingers...

How good he will remains would depends on his strength and determination for the future, Saf will have to look deeper for Saf regular soldier/s who protect us during peace time.

Accident happened due to human error or poor judgement of the situation.

That's right. SAF should take care of one of its own. Right thing to do, not a hand out, but some basic employment.

How can such things happen ???

So sad, i would like to see how the SAF compensate him too ???

Welcome to seafaring. Such things always happen, whether reported or not is another matter. [lipsrsealed]

U will forget abt tis incident 1-2yrs down and SAF will never reveal their compensation unless the victim tell u himself how much he got from SAF.

Welcome to seafaring. Such things always happen, whether reported or not is another matter. [lipsrsealed]

U will forget abt tis incident 1-2yrs down and SAF will never reveal their compensation unless the victim tell u himself how much he got from SAF.

ya. my jc year mate was the officer who fell overboard and died about 10 years back now.

When dealing with big equipment, it's always dangerous when things go wrong either from failure or human error -_-

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/...025-379785.html

U referring to this blind bowler???

"Even with the little ability someone has in life, it's enough to bring the life to another level," said Mr Yong, who is an executive assistant at ST Electronics and a father of two.

sorry, me not updated. but he is still on mindef location. we were in the same outfit before in the '90s, probably saf arranged for him to be employed within ST on mindef related work some time back.

Edited by Anakin

To add on to what you have put up...

This video is inspiring, however, it is vastly different for someone who is born without limbs and someone who suddenly lost his limbs after having the convenience of it for almost 30 years.. Poor navy chap [bigcry]