SG Navy accident

Donut

Promotion is too fast for all the young inexperience salior....training programme is too short too. Anyway, time has changed so much during my days in the Navy. Hope this guy can have a speedy recovery.......May God Bless Him....

↡ Advertisement

Felt really sad when I heard of this news, about him losing his legs and an arm

He's just 29

Really hope he will have all the strength and will power to over other obstacles in his life

It certainly was a piece of very sad news [:(]

No amount of cash can compensate his horrific injuries which will incapacitate him for life.

Jason and his family will need to be strong to weather through this difficult time.

Hope through technology bionic limbs can be fitted on him so that he can have some semblance of a normal life.

I think you are right, to the stinky papies, we are just numbers.

it can be easily replaced.. one singapore son gone, replace with another one

but to the parents, it can never be replace....

And after so many accidents, how come defence minister did not resign ???? :angry:

Their bloody skin are so thick.. maybe they should send to Gulf as bullets cannot penetrate their skin...

Welcome to seafaring. Such things always happen, whether reported or not is another matter. [lipsrsealed]

U will forget abt tis incident 1-2yrs down and SAF will never reveal their compensation unless the victim tell u himself how much he got from SAF.

well heard from several little birds: very reliable birdf

this guy was the deck I/C,

we was helping to winch the ropes, when he got caught with the ropes.

the E-Stop was 1 deck down, too far and too late for the men to rush down the ladder to stop it.

By then he had already make 2 rounds around the winch....

Who is at fault:

machine fault: wince did not stop and the E-Stop did not work. also the E-Stop was placed too far) typical ST design. (i remember USMS was written asking to re-locate the E-Stop) but as usual: cost factor, must penetrate the deck and the same SAF excuse....

man fault: what was the I/C doing standing in between ropes?

And those guys/gals that handle machines/tools;;;;;;

Pls look around at your coffee or smoke break to spot any potential accidents.....

End of year coming, people tend to be more relax... [knife]

Oh i was from RSN from 94-2010... served on all platforms and last appt was working with "God"

the E-Stop was 1 deck down, too far and too late for the men to rush down the ladder to stop it.

Who is at fault:

machine fault: wince did not stop and the E-Stop did not work. also the E-Stop was placed too far) typical ST design. (i remember USMS was written asking to re-locate the E-Stop) but as usual: cost factor, must penetrate the deck and the same SAF excuse....

Pls look around at your coffee or smoke break to spot any potential accidents.....

Oh i was from RSN from 94-2010... served on all platforms and last appt was working with "God"

That pain and shock could have killed him on the deck.

Who is at fault:

Who was the operator??? IF can winch in, surely the operator can also winch out unless the winch malfunction and can only turn one direction.

If he is helping with the ropes, he definately has to stand near the ropes. The operator of the winch should be the one looking out for the ppl working on the ropes.

Who was the operator??? IF can winch in, surely the operator can also winch out unless the winch malfunction and can only turn one direction.

If he is helping with the ropes, he definately has to stand near the ropes. The operator of the winch should be the one looking out for the ppl working on the ropes.

He was the operator....and the machine had malfunction... its couldn't stop or winch out. it was stuck at winch in....

He was the operator....and the machine had malfunction... its couldn't stop or winch out. it was stuck at winch in....

Thks for the reply.

So its his fault as he is the operator and yet stand so close to the ropes. Also he is suay that the winch malfunction too.

Can provide the winch maker and model? Normally with such remote control, the E-stop is on the remote itself like :

mito-alpi-radio-remote-control-for-forestry-winches-restayling-P379405.jpg

Me never used a mooring winch with remote control before. Only used this type before, so u can see the operator of the lever will always be away from the moving drums.

post-2654-1355454275_thumb.jpg

Also most important point:

From Design till now, this LSD project has been a failure....

Is it???

Earlier this yr when I was at ST look look see see, I heard and saw the Thai Navy bought the same LSD design vessel. The first vessel was in the process of being completed and commissioned. They also bought only one FCU and will bring back to Thailand to replicate more FCUs. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

ya. my jc year mate was the officer who fell overboard and died about 10 years back now.

When dealing with big equipment, it's always dangerous when things go wrong either from failure or human error -_-

Dis i hear before.. was it at TNB? is an officer kena MOB near the parf .. unable to find his body rite ?

In the morning I heard on the radio the hospital is appealing for type O+ blood donors to help him as they are low on supply. I think it's CGH.

Edited by Watwheels

i heard that the winch operator will not be able to see the man manning the lines, another man need to be there to signal to the winch operator. if this is true, then it is a failure in design.....

In the morning I heard on the radio the hospital is appealing for type O+ blood donors to help him as they are low on supply. I think it's CGH.

shouldn't the officers and men from the navy donate their blood to help him?

↡ Advertisement