SG Navy accident

Donut

yes, and they were honouring their soldiers - not far-fetched in the USA.

when you travel to the USA, it is not uncommon for members of the public to go up to men in uniform (regardless of country) to thank them for their service.

I think our own people shown their honor more by donating blood

↡ Advertisement

This is what I love about the Americans. They are willing to sacrifice the comforts of their life to do what is right. Do we have that moral courage?

to fight a war against the same people they trained to fight against others...

So were those who went down to donate blood given day off?

In my active days, when the call for blood donation came, those who donated were given half day or 1 day (can't remember exactly) off, not on the same day and get to rest for few hours after that.

what's the point of giving if you expect something in return?

So were those who went down to donate blood given day off?

In my active days, when the call for blood donation came, those who donated were given half day or 1 day (can't remember exactly) off, not on the same day and get to rest for few hours after that.

Bystander50

you...

stand by one side and keep quiet.

Shouldn't the Defence Minister, together with the various Chiefs donate as well to show their care and appreciation for the men under his charge and lead by example?

You might as well ask President come down as well?

Have you donated yours?

You might as well ask President come down as well?

Have you donated yours?

If you can guarentee that the ME2 won't reject my blood, I'll go donate immediately.

Before you think I have any diseases, my blood group and his does not match.

what's the point of giving if you expect something in return?

That was what's dangled to us NSFs to donate blood then.

Otherwise you think they'll be able to achieve the numbers?

Bystander50

you...

stand by one side and keep quiet.

I'm standing sitting by one side, with no one around me and I'm keeping quiet. It'll be interesting if current technology are so advanced till you can hear me talking behind your screen.

My fingers are doing the typing, not using any speech recognition software.

you don't get it.. is ok

Of course I do know what you mean.

In reality, especially as a NSF and in a non-emergency event, how many would willingly donate when the mobile blood bank arrives? You can't force people to donate blood unlike the AFM where we come out our own $$$ to meet the minimum amount. I still remember the CSM coming around "encouraging" the whole unit to go and donate.

All NSFs are only looking forward to the off days to stay out of camp. Were you once a NSF?

Maybe you can provide some statistics how many NSFs would not take the off days dangled to them?

Edited by Bystander50

Twincharged

In reality, especially as a NSF and in a non-emergency event, how many would willingly donate when the mobile blood bank arrives? You can't force people to donate blood unlike the AFM where we come out our own $$$ to meet the minimum amount. I still remember the CSM coming around "encouraging" the whole unit to go and donate.

All NSFs are only looking forward to the off days to stay out of camp. Were you once a NSF?

Maybe you can provide some statistics how many NSFs would not take the off days dangled to them?

I know many of my NS friends will stay back to work OT just to help out and our CSM/superiors also never give off. There are a few who will rush home once its time to book out. But many will stay back to help even if there are no benefits.

I know many of my NS friends will stay back to work OT just to help out and our CSM/superiors also never give off. There are a few who will rush home once its time to book out. But many will stay back to help even if there are no benefits.

Yes, not everything is so bad. Give and take. I think bystander50 still don't get it. Sometimes if keep thinking of negative point Of view, one will never be happy. Anyway what is wrong with giving half day off for them to help fellow saf personnel who did his job and unfortunate accident happened. Also not all commander will grant off for that leh. Cannot assume that it is a must for them to do it than they will donate blood leh. Get what I mean? Bystander50

Edited by Yewheng

erm.. it's a budweiser commerical

Have you been to States? example: Sea world, disney land and etc.. they will ask their present or ex military personnel to stand up and everyone will applaud for them for their contribution. Its the same as the you tube. Its the recognition.

If you can guarentee that the ME2 won't reject my blood, I'll go donate immediately.

Before you think I have any diseases, my blood group and his does not match.

Did I say you have any disease? What makes you think so?

You having any disease a not and different blood group with that WS Sup, what's the link between this 2 thing boy?

My point is, if you have never donated blood before, just don't give comment on why those chief/minister never go donate.

Want to talk about them, BE BETTER THAN THEM FIRST! Get it?

Mine also does not match! But I just donate with my ex-Navy crew!

And you will be surprised that many of them are NOT O blood!

That was what's dangled to us NSFs to donate blood then.

Otherwise you think they'll be able to achieve the numbers?

Do they point a AR15 at you to ask you to donate?

Do they penalize you for not donating?

Off days are PRIVILEGE in the Navy.

Have it? good. Lost it? Carry on with life.

I can sacrifice off days including weekends to help my senior to do duty when his family needs arises. No obligation.

When my ship went sailing during my compassionate leave, I volunteered to do Duty when they come back from sea.

I can sacrifice off days come back and help getting system and equipment back working.

I don't go for off when my whole department are in tight schedule/shortage of man power.

I am very narrowed minded person and calculative.

But I know when to relax my principles.

NS is a joke for most NSF, you proved it well, but I have proved it otherwise, though I don't believe the way they do things.

If you wondered why my blood does not match I still donate?

Very simple reason.

I just go and show support and Motivate people donating.

I take picture of the needle in my arm (i am well known for needle fear among my peers)...

Post in Facebook, then people will think: "Hey this guy feared of needle, but also go donate! I Should do my part too.".

Get it?

Off days are PRIVILEGE in the Navy.

Have it? good. Lost it? Carry on with life.

I can sacrifice off days including weekends to help my senior to do duty when his family needs arises. No obligation.

When my ship went sailing during my compassionate leave, I volunteered to do Duty when they come back from sea.

I can sacrifice off days come back and help getting system and equipment back working.

I don't go for off when my whole department are in tight schedule/shortage of man power.

I am very narrowed minded person and calculative.

But I know when to relax my principles.

NS is a joke for most NSF, you proved it well, but I have proved it otherwise, though I don't believe the way they do things.

well said!

↡ Advertisement