Hyundai Car Warranty

Sailor

Hi all,

Been hearing about how every & any add-ons or mod will void the car's warranty. I'm sure the agent (eg: KMC) will be quick to void the warranty at any opportunity given and hence, no point asking what 'add-on or mod" will void the warranty since I have already installed so many "add-ons" (eg: Voltage Stabiliser, Oil Catch Tank, K&N CAI, etc....).

Been driving for 20 years and whenever I go back to Dealer's workshop, I always get the same reason... "It's wear and tear and I'll have to pay for replacement". So to me, warranty is like a MYTH..... do they even exist ? Hahahaha.....

Instead, I will greatly appreciate if any kind souls can advise where you will go for your Hyundai car servicing after the initial KMC's 1000km servicing? Or is it really that important to go back to Komoco and have them do my maintenance & repair since this is my 1st Hyundai car ?

Appreciate any valuable input.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Specific to KMC for Hyundai, within the warranty period, they did change parts for me upon complain from myself and verification by them.

For example, I complained that I felt vibration during stationary and they checked and changed the engine mounting. Likewise, I kana one time where there's something lose within the dashboard and causes some tiak tiak sound (very random and soft), it took KMC half day to troubleshoot and another half to fix it be removing the whole dashboard.

Even though I did not complain about the steering wheel problem, they told me that they fix something and indeed, I suddenly realized that full-lock sound is gone.

I know the above because I have car camera which recorded their conversation and the numerous test drive they made to isolate the issue.

Anyway, I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience. However, this car was serviced at KMC right from the start till today, not sure that's the reason why less resistant in changing parts for me.

• Praise 1

It is always good to re-enter your car back to the agent if it is under warranty, however, like you mention, wear and tear are part of journey of the car.

Always get a quotation before you commit yourself into the repair.

I am driving a civic and i don't trust agent in terms of their price, well, i would say that the price are relatively on the high side.

• Praise 1

You are right and personal experience also seems to suggest that Agent's price is always on the high side. Notwithstanding, I reckon it will be a good idea to get quote from both KMC and outside workshops for the best price if any repair is needed.

As such, where would be a good workshop which is experienced in handling / maintaining Hyundai cars ?

PS: Come to think about it... anyone in the industry can advice if Oil Catch Tank, K&N Apollo Closed Air Intake System Filter will void the Warranty ?

• Praise 1

Actually Komoco warranty is really good in my experience. I drove Hyundai Avante 2008. They replaced my whole headlamp due to condensation, no question asked.

Then, after 1.5 years driving, my engine got unusual tak..tak..tak..sound. They really tried to repair it under warranty though i seldom went back there for regular servicing (I serviced outside). Finally, after 4 times of bringing to them due to the same engine sound, they change lots of engine parts and resolved completely. In fact, the manager said they replaced every moving parts in the engine ^_^ .

I really respect their commitment to warranty.

• Praise 1

Actually Komoco warranty is really good in my experience. I drove Hyundai Avante 2008. They replaced my whole headlamp due to condensation, no question asked.

Then, after 1.5 years driving, my engine got unusual tak..tak..tak..sound. They really tried to repair it under warranty though i seldom went back there for regular servicing (I serviced outside). Finally, after 4 times of bringing to them due to the same engine sound, they change lots of engine parts and resolved completely. In fact, the manager said they replaced every moving parts in the engine ^_^ .

You mean you didnt go back to kmc for servicing and yet they fixed for you?! [:/]

You mean you didnt go back to kmc for servicing and yet they fixed for you?! [:/]

Yup, I went for the first three, and then I serviced outside.

But don't quote me for that. They may have changed the policy :P

• Praise 1

good...every dealer should be like that...then people will confirm go back for servicing....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Similar to its case of refusing to pay its outstanding ARF in 2007, Komoco refused to honour the warranty for my Santa Fe. After close to a week since my car broke down in Malaysia and being towed to its workshop, they suddenly decided that my warranty was not valid because the previous owner did not send it for servicing according to schedule.

This is not the first time my husband had issues claiming warranty. Early this year he sent the car to Komoco to fix the broken lower arm bush. They claim that they did not have the parts. To prevent other issues from emerging, he bought the parts from an original parts importer and got it fixed immediately the next day. Till today Komoco has not gotten back to him on the matter.

I regret trusting Hyundai's warranty under Komoco Motors. This will be my last.

• Praise 1

Similar to its case of refusing to pay its outstanding ARF in 2007, Komoco refused to honour the warranty for my Santa Fe. After close to a week since my car broke down in Malaysia and being towed to its workshop, they suddenly decided that my warranty was not valid because the previous owner did not send it for servicing according to schedule.

This is not the first time my husband had issues claiming warranty. Early this year he sent the car to Komoco to fix the broken lower arm bush. They claim that they did not have the parts. To prevent other issues from emerging, he bought the parts from an original parts importer and got it fixed immediately the next day. Till today Komoco has not gotten back to him on the matter.

If you have a legitimate case, please approach Komoco or even CASE, your statements contradict most contributor's experience with Komoco's warranty service.

[email protected]

is the email you can direct your grievances to.

• Praise 2

This is a really old thread and you're digging it out now... you have only one post and it is to complain about Komoco's warranty... how old is your Santa Fe? And what about the ARF issue in 2007? How are they related in the first place?

This is a really old thread and you're digging it out now... you have only one post and it is to complain about Komoco's warranty... how old is your Santa Fe? And what about the ARF issue in 2007? How are they related in the first place?

Sounds suspicious. Komoco is not a PI. They will never behave in a bad manner.

Neutral Newbie

You all sound like paid keyboard warriors. Lol. I'm here to share my experience. That's the point of a forum. If you had a great experience, then congrats to you.

(edited)

You all sound like paid keyboard warriors. Lol. I'm here to share my experience. That's the point of a forum. If you had a great experience, then congrats to you.

You better provide more details n photos of your postings. There is something called defamation in the legal world.

And your attitude in mcf very bad.

Edited by RogerNg_185295
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1