Hyundai Car Warranty

Sailor

Supercharged

IMHO Komoco better than Tan Chong. My old Matrix got condensate in headlight, KMC replaced. Squealing brake, KMC skimmed disc after test drive with tester. Had intermittent jerky rpm in current Sylphy when it was still under warranty. Went to Tan Chong and they said can't detect anything on scanner so can't do anything. Didn't even take the car for a test drive.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

Been hearing about how every & any add-ons or mod will void the car's warranty. I'm sure the agent (eg: KMC) will be quick to void the warranty at any opportunity given and hence, no point asking what 'add-on or mod" will void the warranty since I have already installed so many "add-ons" (eg: Voltage Stabiliser, Oil Catch Tank, K&N CAI, etc....).

Been driving for 20 years and whenever I go back to Dealer's workshop, I always get the same reason... "It's wear and tear and I'll have to pay for replacement". So to me, warranty is like a MYTH..... do they even exist ? Hahahaha.....

Instead, I will greatly appreciate if any kind souls can advise where you will go for your Hyundai car servicing after the initial KMC's 1000km servicing? Or is it really that important to go back to Komoco and have them do my maintenance & repair since this is my 1st Hyundai car ?

Appreciate any valuable input.

KMC has warranty on the car batt........40k km or first 2 years whichever comes first....their hyundai van came over to my location when i called them up to ask for the car batt replacement(under warranty)....vehicle clocked around 35k++ km....replaced FOC

• Praise 1

Hi!

My Dad's Accent ECU is down

We have been waiting for 3 weeks.

Today, we were updated that there will be a delay as Accent ECU is made to order.

It will arrive earliest by 13 Sep... not including repair time... which means a down time of 2 months.

Although it is under warranty but there will be no replacement car.

Any advice?

Is this the norm?

And no replacement car as well?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can the car be driven when the ECU is down?

Surprised that Komoco does not keep spare parts stock for their bread and butter cars.

• Praise 1

Can the car be driven when the ECU is down?

Surprised that Komoco does not keep spare parts stock for their bread and butter cars.

think accent is not that of a hot seller compared to their avante, i'm sure they have tonnes of spare parts for avante/elantra though. 

• Praise 2

hmm... i'm partly surprised and partly not.

KMC almost everything also say checked already and it's normal.

Then when it's not normal, they're often say, this is the first time, so we got no spare, hence need to indent and bring in the part...

But the surprising thing is that it'll take so long, and also your dad is made to suffer for so long while waiting.

I know KMC has spare cars, but maybe cos it's just too long a wait so they might not want to 'sacrifice' the car for so long.

If it's under warranty, then you should ask your father to first tell them nicely that look, he needs the car and cannot afford to be down so long without a car. If the junior guy don't wanna do anything, just escalate it to the service manager, and the quality service dept, to try to see can get a spare car or not.

Good luck.

Supersonic

If the part is spoil due to manufacturer fault, they should compensate the long downtime incurred lo. 

• Praise 1

Then when it's not normal, they're often say, this is the first time, so we got no spare, hence need to indent and bring in the part...

But the surprising thing is that it'll take so long, and also your dad is made to suffer for so long while waiting.

I know KMC has spare cars, but maybe cos it's just too long a wait so they might not want to 'sacrifice' the car for so long.

If it's under warranty, then you should ask your father to first tell them nicely that look, he needs the car and cannot afford to be down so long without a car. If the junior guy don't wanna do anything, just escalate it to the service manager, and the quality service dept, to try to see can get a spare car or not.

Good luck.

I agree and this matter should escalate to Komoco Service Manager, Kelly Cheong.  I met her as they organised an Avente Car Maintenance Event for ladies more than a week ago.

• Praise 2

think accent is not that of a hot seller compared to their avante, i'm sure they have tonnes of spare parts for avante/elantra though. 

They only store those common wear & tear items.

They will tell you ecu seldom spoil so they don't keep stock.

Even brake disc, I doubt they store.lol....

• Praise 1

I agree and this matter should escalate to Komoco Service Manager, Kelly Cheong.  I met her as they organised an Avente Car Maintenance Event for ladies more than a week ago.

I didn't know KMC got organised such events...

she wasn't around for a hyundai pulses event last month, where there was durian and food...

and if she can't do anything, some have better luck going to the sales manager.

• Praise 2

I didn't know KMC got organised such events...

she wasn't around for a hyundai pulses event last month, where there was durian and food...

and if she can't do anything, some have better luck going to the sales manager.

The car maintenance was organised by Kelly for the ladies and she called each participant personally for event arrangement 2 days prior to the event. A small group of about 22 participants. We taught how to observe coolant and engine level as well as how to change spare tyre etc,

I also not aware of the durian & food by Hydunai. No harm trying going to Kelly & the Sales Manager.

• Praise 1

Good luck.

You should tell the manager to take the ecu from another new car which they hav,nt Sell first instead of waiting.The new Car can wait until repair then register lol
  • Praise 1

The car can be driven but is not safe to do so according to the technician.

My Dad have to sign an idemnity form that say that if anything happen to him or the car, Komoco will not be liable.

Im a layman, base on what I googled, ECU will help regulate many respect of the car meaning the car may overheat and it could be dangerous. But I may be wrong. In any case, I don't think it is safe and future warranty may be voided if we were to go ahead.

I have gotten the technician in charge of the car to feedback to the management.

If he cant deliver the replacement car, I will try to lay in touch with the management.

But it doesnt sound promising because he told me our purchase agreement and warranty does not grant us any replacement car.

• Praise 1

The car maintenance was organised by Kelly for the ladies and she called each participant personally for event arrangement 2 days prior to the event. A small group of about 22 participants. We taught how to observe coolant and engine level as well as how to change spare tyre etc,

I also not aware of the durian & food by Hydunai. No harm trying going to Kelly & the Sales Manager.

Sounds good, that KMC is investing in outreach - and useful - activities like orientating lady drivers to the cars. If this was offered to us, i'll definitely ask my wife to attend. [laugh]

KMC takes pride in saying that they sponsor the only 2 car clubs that are officially registered with the registry of societies (i think) in SG, so there are activities organised by volunteer committee members of the 2 clubs (Elantra and Tucson clubs), and the recent activity was in fact a generic KMC (rather than the clubs') event. Nice gesture these. It was communicated to the owners via email, so keep a lookout for it in the future (if they ever do it again).

Yes, no harm going to Kelly, for a start. But I should warn that I had a bad experience with Kelly initially, and it improved only after I raised the issue(s) again to the Sales Manager.

• Praise 1

You should tell the manager to take the ecu from another new car which they hav,nt Sell first instead of waiting.The new Car can wait until repair then register lol

ha ha... it's not me who is facing the problem now hor...

in any case, it's also not fair to whoever going to buy the yet-to-be-sold car, if it was stripped out of one crucial part, and then put back in - all before it was sold.

KMC basically should have some inventory storage of all critical and common parts of all the models available, and manage the ordering and inventory so that they have these available on demand, rather than everything also no stock... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Hi!

My Dad's Accent ECU is down

We have been waiting for 3 weeks.

Today, we were updated that there will be a delay as Accent ECU is made to order.

It will arrive earliest by 13 Sep... not including repair time... which means a down time of 2 months.

Although it is under warranty but there will be no replacement car.

Any advice?

Is this the norm?

And no replacement car as well?

Probably you should "bang" the table a little to request at least a replacement car be provided for you as a goodwill since the repair is taking much longer than expected. 

• Praise 1

Hi guys, noobie here. I recently bought a 2018 Tucson, and want to know if the balance of the warranty on this car will be transferred to me? I have a second BMW motorbike and the balance of the warranty was transferred to me. I am assuming this is the same for a car, where warranty is attached to the vehicle and not the owner, can anyone confirm?

@yycools  why dont you call up komoco and ask? rather than ask here? nobody can give you advise on this kind of warranty issue. best to let komoco  advise you on this.

↡ Advertisement