Home SingTel Fixed line not working

Ben5266

How to call for help?

I called Singtel 1688. Put me to voice message and claimed to call back in 2 hours.

I left 2 messages at 7pm+. No sound from them.

at 830pm, called again and this time... "voice message is full. Thank you for your call!"

This is customer service from SINGTEL.

Home home line is not working since this afternoon. got ring if I call in but phone not ringing.

But my mio TV, using the same phone link is working. So, physical line should be fine.

I have 2 phones. 1 cordless and 1 analogue corded phone. Both also not ringing and no dial tone.

What else could be the root cause?

↡ Advertisement

How to call for help?

I called Singtel 1688. Put me to voice message and claimed to call back in 2 hours.

at 830pm, called again and this time... "voice message is full. Thank you for your call!"

Home home line is not working since this afternoon. got ring if I call in but phone not ringing.

But my mio TV, using the same phone link is working. So, physical line should be fine.

I have 2 phones. 1 cordless and 1 analogue corded phone. Both also not ringing and no dial tone.

Guess the next thing you could do is to e-mail them if calling 1688 doesn't work. Mine last time I received my neighbour's calls while they received our calls. The tech came back and checked then found that the day before another tech connected the lines wrongly but SingTel offers no apology........ [furious]

How to call for help?

Bro, problem seems to be between your MIO Box and your Phone.

Could it be your phone base unit is faulty? Try another phone and test.

Could it be your phone line is faulty? Try another phone line and test.

MIO Voice is VoIP.

So maybe can log into the gateway and see any error message on the VoIP / Voice link in the configuration page?

Had the same issues as well (happened 2 times this year) Home fixed telephone line is sort of isn't working. No sound at all, people can call in but phone doesn't ring. Called them up the other day at around 730pm coz line isn't working, no ones available to assist. Fed up, didn't call them up again. Decided to trial and error, changed to another telephone cord and it's working again.

Bro, problem seems to be between your MIO Box and your Phone.

Could it be your phone base unit is faulty? Try another phone and test.

Could it be your phone line is faulty? Try another phone line and test.

MIO Voice is VoIP.

So maybe can log into the gateway and see any error message on the VoIP / Voice link in the configuration page?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Disconnect microfilter and connect phone directly to line. No sound from analogue phone. But cordless phone, can hear noise.

Cannot be phone base unit as I am using a simple analogue corded phone to test.

Phone line faulty... yes but how to explain mioTV is working?

My cordless phone base unit is connected to the line in master room. MioTV and analogue phone is in living room.

It is Singtel fix line. Not VoIP. Reliability of 99.9999%... supposed.

At 1pm today, I will managed to call home to check how my children was doing. But at 6pm, they did not answer as it is not ringing. I have to rush home, just in case. Good to know that they are fine. Just the phone line.

i had the same problem at my place.. but not that difficult to get the person over leh.. over a mth.. they came down 3x.. eventually it was a problem with the circuit room etc... underground stuff...

say cant do anything.. but after 3 days. .all up and running..

maybe cos my side is under Aljunied.. they working harder to win back our votes.. haha

Thanks for the suggestions.

Disconnect microfilter and connect phone directly to line. No sound from analogue phone. But cordless phone, can hear noise.

Cannot be phone base unit as I am using a simple analogue corded phone to test.

Phone line faulty... yes but how to explain mioTV is working?

My cordless phone base unit is connected to the line in master room. MioTV and analogue phone is in living room.

It is Singtel fix line. Not VoIP. Reliability of 99.9999%... supposed.

At 1pm today, I will managed to call home to check how my children was doing. But at 6pm, they did not answer as it is not ringing. I have to rush home, just in case. Good to know that they are fine. Just the phone line.

this i have no idea too,

but SingTel must give them some hard time over the phone before they can do things right for you.

I have given up on them years back.

Ask for reimbursement [:)][:)]

Free permanent incoming calls given

Singtel fixed line down for some parts of the island

Last time I asked for compensation of wrong billing

Was given free caller ID 2 months

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7