Haiz... My car got scratched

Cheesepiekia

Looks like people are jealous of my new car. It's only 2 months old and comes with bidded "SKH" car registration number.

As i'm particular and over protective of my car, i always wash the car to keep it clean and shiny.

Just to clarify, i'm not those kind of driver that you describe who anyhow park their car and cause convenience to others. I hate these kind of drivers too.

If i park between cars, i make sure i leave equal amount of space for both sides. If the lot is too tight, i do not park.

I open my door carefully no matter what car make/model that is parked next to my car. As I matters my car door more!

My car also kena scratched when it was 3 months old. Every panel kena except bonnet and roof. Sianz to the max and I had the car parked nicely in a corner lot in the MSCP. And the scratches on my car are deeper and longer than yours.

Now thinking whether to respray now, or collect a few dents and stuff and respray after 5 years.

Yours looks like unintentional some idiot walked with sth sticking out...or trolleys.

touch wood but in my entire ownership, i hv never gotten the car scratched, perhaps i am a nice guy....see photo

Wow then u must be really lucky...it's so hard to avoid scratches due to most of our parking lots not being very big and people hitting others' cars with the stuff they are carrying when getting to their car. And of course, lorries who open their door wide when parked beside you etc....

Anyway, nice color for your car! [thumbsup]

Wow then u must be really lucky...it's so hard to avoid scratches due to most of our parking lots not being very big and people hitting others' cars with the stuff they are carrying when getting to their car. And of course, lorries who open their door wide when parked beside you etc....

Anyway, nice color for your car! [thumbsup]

bro, i had a lorry "open door" and scratch my car within the first week of getting it ><

i was hopping mad that time sia ... and the scratch was 1/3 finger length and almost as wide ... even though the tan chong guys touched it up for me last time (for free somemore), still can see a slight indentation .. but cant complain since they did it for free .. otherwise need to respray whole door sia ...

Yours looks like unintentional some idiot walked with sth sticking out...or trolleys.

touch wood but in my entire ownership, i hv never gotten the car scratched, perhaps i am a nice guy....see photo

Can see a nice car! but, where is the nice guy???

Did some polishing and the scratches were lighten and not obvious unless upon close inspection.

A scratch is a scratch, no matter what it will still be there.

As long as the obvious white line is no longer there, good enough for me.

A BIG THANK YOU to bro "Terry7322"! Thank you so much for your help! Merry Christmas to you! love.gif

Below are some pictures after the polishing.

2ik6seg.jpg

2r38cut.jpg

25tujo8.jpg

Looks like people are jealous of my new car. It's only 2 months old and comes with bidded "SKH" car registration number.

As i'm particular and over protective of my car, i always wash the car to keep it clean and shiny.

Just to clarify, i'm not those kind of driver that you describe who anyhow park their car and cause convenience to others. I hate these kind of drivers too.

If i park between cars, i make sure i leave equal amount of space for both sides. If the lot is too tight, i do not park.

I open my door carefully no matter what car make/model that is parked next to my car. As I matters my car door more!

SG still got many @sshole losers who wil vandalise other pples property n car is very easy cos u park n leave.

I just dun bother n leave till got serious damage then spray whole car one shot.

Most important car runs smoothly n no breakdowns. My car is just fr transport.

Yr case maybe pple not satisfied to just damage yr car. Ty all waiting fr chance to damage u.

Till now either u damm careful or damm lucky.

Hahaha.

Anyway i wish u n yr family A Merry Xmas n A Happy New Year. :D

Edited by Pisces69

Yr case maybe pple not satisfied to just damage yr car. Ty all waiting fr chance to damage u.

Till now either u damm careful or damm lucky.

Hahaha.

Anyway i wish u n yr family A Merry Xmas n A Happy New Year. :D

[laugh] [laugh] you too buddy! To more gd years...hahahahah

bro, i had a lorry "open door" and scratch my car within the first week of getting it ><

i was hopping mad that time sia ... and the scratch was 1/3 finger length and almost as wide ... even though the tan chong guys touched it up for me last time (for free somemore), still can see a slight indentation .. but cant complain since they did it for free .. otherwise need to respray whole door sia ...

Oh yes i can imagine how mad u can be bro, i wld too if i were u. Tats why really heng suay sometimes when we park outside. Merry x'mas!

There are always these idiots ard... I got some unknown dents on my car after a new paint layer. Heart damn painful...

Too bad we live in this place.. where by most pple are so bad & bo chap..

Too bad we live in this place.. where by most pple are so bad & bo chap..

Sometimes those pickup drivers purposely open door bang car beside especially nice nice one cos ty jealous lah.

Neutral Newbie

Haiz... My car got scratched, hope to do something about it as see already very tu lan!

Any advise whether to go for grooming or respray?

Thanks.

From the photos shown, I believe it can be removed with the following:

1. meguiars scratch X (can be purchased at large NTUC markets like Ang Mo Kio hub).

G10307_ScratchX.jpg

2. meguiars foam applicator. (Also can be purchase at same place as per above).

meguiars-foam-applicator-pad-lg.jpg

Park your vehicle in a cool shaded area.

Apply a 50 cent coin amount on the foam applicator.

Now just go in a circular motion on the area that the scratch is at and focus on it with moderate strength.

After 10-15 minutes, may take slightly longer or shorter depending on the depth of the scratch, the paint surrounding it should merge in nicely into the paintless area.

Also, you can tell when the job is done when you slide your palm over and you don't feel any unevenness.

I have repaired my vehicle for 2 years plus using this method irregardless of large and small scratch. I once had 3 lines which was deep and long till you can see the core metal. Still I manage to reduce it to a dot. Done this on my friend's toyota, lexus, merc, honda. Works all the time.

Its a good investment.

Hope the above helps.

Neutral Newbie

my bonnet have couple of scratches on it quite similar to TS.

I tried polishing it but doesnt help much.

Any bro can give further advice?

↡ Advertisement