Haiz... My car got scratched

Cheesepiekia

I always try to park middle of the lot... but no use one...

Car is still full of scratches, small dings, paint chipped off...

Common to get this type of scratches and dings in Singapore. Only yesterday when I was about to drive off from the carpark lot, a stupiak lady from the next car actually bang her door against my door side while she was getting into her car. She did not even say anything or react as if there was nothing wrong. The best was when I told her about what she did earlier, she commented back "SIOW!!" to me. WTF!!!

All I can say is, these are the type of drivers that one will kena whack especially in JB and come back complaning that kena whack for nothing...

From the photos shown, I believe it can be removed with the following:

1. meguiars scratch X (can be purchased at large NTUC markets like Ang Mo Kio hub).

2. meguiars foam applicator. (Also can be purchase at same place as per above).

Park your vehicle in a cool shaded area.

Apply a 50 cent coin amount on the foam applicator.

Now just go in a circular motion on the area that the scratch is at and focus on it with moderate strength.

After 10-15 minutes, may take slightly longer or shorter depending on the depth of the scratch, the paint surrounding it should merge in nicely into the paintless area.

Also, you can tell when the job is done when you slide your palm over and you don't feel any unevenness.

I have repaired my vehicle for 2 years plus using this method irregardless of large and small scratch. I once had 3 lines which was deep and long till you can see the core metal. Still I manage to reduce it to a dot. Done this on my friend's toyota, lexus, merc, honda. Works all the time.

Its a good investment.

Hope the above helps.

bro, this one got hope using this solution you recommend?

282885_10151204006232523_1830321955_n.jpg

the dent i pah sah liao...

Common to get this type of scratches and dings in Singapore. Only yesterday when I was about to drive off from the carpark lot, a stupiak lady from the next car actually bang her door against my door side while she was getting into her car. She did not even say anything or react as if there was nothing wrong. The best was when I told her about what she did earlier, she commented back "SIOW!!" to me. WTF!!!

All I can say is, these are the type of drivers that one will kena whack especially in JB and come back complaning that kena whack for nothing...

I had a similar incident on New Year very first morning. The fat lady swung the door freely to get on to her car, the door ended up hitting my passenger side door while my family was inside the car waiting for her to get into her car. I was very unhappy, but my wife stopped me doing anything as it was New Year Morning. My wife opened the glass and tell her to be careful with other cars! The fat lady gave a "WTF" look!

Very surprised to see this type of drivers here!

Neutral Newbie

bro, this one got hope using this solution you recommend?

the dent i pah sah liao...

can't confirm that it will fully be covered up. but the lower portion seems to be able to recover. but it'll take a lot of time and energy meaning 3 hours or so. get a stool to sit on when doing it.

I once had 3 lines about 10 cm long each and 2mm height per line. I managed to reduce the length to about 2mm as the final area was way too deep.

what i did next for the remaining 2mm was to apply touch up paint. Let it dry then on a separate occasion, use scratch X on that touch up paint area to try smoothen it out so its less obvious.

depending on areas that you park and whether you are patient with manually applying it, its a good thing to have in the car whenever you feel like exercising your arms :) given how often we get scratch in singapore.

use ultimate compound. it is stronger and cuts better. Scratch X is too mild.

U need more cut doing by hand, can switch the foam applicator to microfiber towel.

relax lah.... the more scratches n dent you get, the more resistant you will built towards such defects....

I undestand how u felt... Most new car owner will experience the same thing you got, scratches, dents, crack, bird drop marks & etc... just make sure that there is no rust on the body and regular maintanence to make sure that your car wont fail on you when you need it. The rest of the things are just secondary.. Trust me, over time, you will get used with it and just like me, you wont even remember how many dents and scratches you collected [laugh] [laugh] ....

Driving is all about fun and conviniency.... if you are going to feel heart pain for every single minor defect, I would suggest you to give up driving... Its too stressed to own a car that way.

relax lah.... the more scratches n dent you get, the more resistant you will built towards such defects....

I undestand how u felt... Most new car owner will experience the same thing you got, scratches, dents, crack, bird drop marks & etc... just make sure that there is no rust on the body and regular maintanence to make sure that your car wont fail on you when you need it. The rest of the things are just secondary.. Trust me, over time, you will get used with it and just like me, you wont even remember how many dents and scratches you collected [laugh] [laugh] ....

Driving is all about fun and conviniency.... if you are going to feel heart pain for every single minor defect, I would suggest you to give up driving... Its too stressed to own a car that way.

That's true, after a few more scratches bumps and scratches you'll feel nothing anymore.........mine I treated them as 'tattoos'....... [laugh]

Scratches are quite normal for a car...the more you take care to prevent these the more your car will get these scratches. So it is better to service your car after a certain period of time maintaining a regular interval.

Scratches are quite normal for a car...the more you take care to prevent these the more your car will get these scratches. So it is better to service your car after a certain period of time maintaining a regular interval.

Why did you link scratches to servicing?

I don't think people spend their money on preventing scratches will not go for regular servicing? [confused]

smlj?

Hahahha. Agree. Then ask him send for servicing. [laugh]

maybe his servicing includes polishing away the scratches??? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement