Hybrid cars - any problems?

Sugar

Thanks for the replies.

Quite often i have to pick up my kids from classes etc...so i will always be waiting in the car park with the engine on (sometimes up to 30min) while waiting for them.

Will this be a problem?

While many r encouraging to go green, here u r telling us that u left ur engine on for 30 mins waiting for kids?! :blink: U cant be more wastefully idiotic...totally oblivious of wats happening ard u. Big frogs not even knowing they r in shallow wells..

↡ Advertisement

While many r encouraging to go green, here u r telling us that u left ur engine on for 30 mins waiting for kids?! :blink: U cant be more wastefully idiotic...totally oblivious of wats happening ard u. Big frogs not even knowing they r in shallow wells..

Don't be so harsh lah, at least he's looking at Hybrid so that when car is left on for 30 mins, not much fuel will be burn, better than conventional cars.

Guys ......

I know there are arguments on 10 years warranty etc

Battery can last a long time blah blah.

The truth is..... battery life is a genuine everyday problem. Heat kills the battery. Charging and recharging also. No two ways about it. If any genius can counter that, u wont have battery problem in iphone or ipad.

But unlike phones, the worsening state of a battery in a hybrid vehicle is not so drastically felt.

Basically. The day u drive out ur hybrid, u will .... in a very gradual fashion get a worsening battery.

My feel is.... hybrid is perfect for the first 5 years.

Just like a handphone battery is good for first 1 year

engine off=no aircon.

u like to wait in the heat? [rolleyes]

merc has start stop so aircon will off at traffic stop as with engine & is totally acceptable in sg hot sun, maybe 20years later when future bb car get free start stop then bb owners get to appreciate new tech

Edited by Wormvirus

merc has start stop so aircon will off at traffic stop as with engine & is totally acceptable in sg hot sun, maybe 20years later when future bb car get free start stop then bb owners get to appreciate new tech

Blimey! Really? Wow amazing. My 2006 Prius can do that as well and the aircon stay blowing even the engine stop.

I have to agree. Please park the car, switch off the engine and go wait under the shade somewhere.

And even if a plug-in hybrid can be driven for a certain distance without using fuel, isn't fuel used to produce the electricity needed to charge the car? It may be cleaner, but it's not a 100% saint.

Edited by Paddie

Neutral Newbie

i dont really care about the environment...

i just want to save money on petrol.

hybrid or not, i will still wait in the car...

so it see which one will save more money...

turning off engine not an option...lazy to argue why

Edited by Sugar

I have to agree. Please park the car, switch off the engine and go wait under the shade somewhere.

And even if a plug-in hybrid can be driven for a certain distance without using fuel, isn't fuel used to produce the electricity needed to charge the car? It may be cleaner, but it's not a 100% saint.

Will be a bit difficult to be 100% clean saint in Singapore with all those juicy Petrol tax revenue.

i dont really care about the environment...

i just want to save money on petrol.

hybrid or not, i will still wait in the car...

so it see which one will save more money...

turning off engine not an option...lazy to argue why

With a parent's mindset like this...it's no wonder kids turn rotten nowadays. Probably lazy to teach kids the right way too in everything. No wonder the quality of sporeans r going downhill. No...should not have kids in the first place...probably cos the grandparents will teach their children (you) how to be lazy..(this), the grandparents hardworkingly taught & was successful.

Save on petrol? Might as well dun buy a car...save tonnes on even more stuff..i'm lazy to even explain to someone who's plain lazy.

Edited by Unfazed

Will be a bit difficult to be 100% clean saint in Singapore with all those juicy Petrol tax revenue.

Yes not easy to be a saint but most altitude simply sucks...hv attained certain social status but with no pride & integrity...well tats typical os sporeans..since when we follow rules...we r like kids in the playground..bully younger kids & kpkb or cry foul when we get bullied in return.

↡ Advertisement