Hybrid cars - any problems?

Sugar

Neutral Newbie

for RX450, service price same as LS. not sure about prius or insight

I think should be no much difference ba....

You are correct. I sat in Insight before, at traffic light the air con will be switched off. just hot air coming out.

I drive civic hybrid. No such thing. Engine cut off when car is stationary. But aircon still works normally

not yet

A friends rx hybrid battery "pop" just 3 weeks shy of the 3 year warranty (older cars no 10 year batt warranty) last year... Went BM and replaced new batt.. He was told that the batt for RX cost near 20k... Compare to toyotas batt that cost below 9k..

btw is the hybrid car use replaceable battery for electric motor?

if yes, anyone ever change that battery, say after 3-5 years drive?

10 years warranty. There are plenty of hybrid taxi around the world running over 500k km already.

For Hybrid cars, seem all got promotions as:

Toyota prius 140K

Toyota prius C 97K

Honda insight 110K

Honda civic hybrid 126K

Considering the price factors & also performance of their hybrid, how you guys think?

Which car is more worthy to buy?

Ask yourself what you want, best FC or style. Toyota hybrid is a full hybrid, driven hard you will still get above 20km/l.

Neutral Newbie

Ask yourself what you want, best FC or style. Toyota hybrid is a full hybrid, driven hard you will still get above 20km/l.

How do you think about Prius or Prius C?

Prius is much more expensive than Honda insight cos they r almost same price in other countries. A bit over priced.

For Prius C, I think the interior is too plastic.

Me Hybrid good except car booth space ... a bit taken by batt . FC beri good so far .... power also beri good :D

Edited by TMR11

How do you think about Prius or Prius C?

Prius is much more expensive than Honda insight cos they r almost same price in other countries. A bit over priced.

For Prius C, I think the interior is too plastic.

I can't share much on the Honda Hybrids, but if you really into saving the earth and really high mileage, then go for the Prius. Comparing Toyota to Honda Hybrid car price, the ROI is hard to achieve based on petrol.

In SG, ALL CARS ARE WAY OVER PRICED!

I got my PC at 113k SGD, in MY, it's 94K RM. Means for my car, I can buy 3 in MY...

As for plastic, I love it, those leather are really hard to maintain unless you never park under the sun but this is up to individual. If you like leather and don't have much budget, you can look at VW cars, their leather dash is really nice.

As for plastic, I love it, those leather are really hard to maintain unless you never park under the sun but this is up to individual. If you like leather and don't have much budget, you can look at VW cars, their leather dash is really nice.

Yeah, people always comprain about hard plastics. I like it over soft touch plastics as it's maintenance free and is much more hard wearing.

Yeah, people always comprain about hard plastics. I like it over soft touch plastics as it's maintenance free and is much more hard wearing.

I think it's because of the magazine or top gear that they watch make them think that way.

That day I was ferrying my ex colleague, he say new car ah, first thing sit down knock on my dash........ <_<

Those leather or PU will melt under sun, become sticky and have to change, it's so much worst than plastic as the car age....

This post I made in May this year on another thread discussing hybrids.....but no comments at all....so...Resurrecting this thread to discuss hybrid and electric vehicles.

First off, any MCFers with experience of driving hybrids can share on

1. Reduced fuel costs. Ie. How much more you get per litre vs conventional?

2. What are maintenance costs like esp. Hybrid battery?

3. Lower ARF rebate/resale value/ higher road tax?

3. What recommended models such as Civic hybrid, Harrier hybrid, Estima hybrid, Rx450h etc to get?

Edited by Aukang
↡ Advertisement