Garage to install new hub/wheel bearings

Somebody

I recently bought two front wheelhubs/bearings. I'm looking for a garage that will charge reasonably and with decent workmanship to get it installed.

any recommendations and experiences?

↡ Advertisement

I recently bought two front wheelhubs/bearings. I'm looking for a garage that will charge reasonably and with decent workmanship to get it installed.

any recommendations and experiences?

For what car bro?

Right, shops make money from selling labour and materials/parts. Without income from materials/parts, their bottom line can easily drop by 50%. If they accept jobs with parts brought in , shops can encountered problems beyond their control resulting in loss of labour time and working space. Some shops are billing " parts handling charges" to make up for loss income from brought in parts.

In US and Europe many shop operators are even charging " green fee" for disposal of remove parts and waste/used materials.

Edited by Yeobh

IS250. thanks!! :D

If yishun indl pk a is convenient u cn try keng wah motor. Mech is ah ting.

I always buy my own parts n get him to do.

Dont forget yr bearing seals to seal up bearings n try to put grease b4 u install.

I used him many years b4 but now mostly do in jb.

U can search here in mcf fr his details.

I used to own a IS250, after 4 half years, wear and tear are common.

Another buddy of mine still driving his IS250, he knows who to check / free replacement ( I dun really know how he did it :wacko: )

Bottom line, he spoke to his sale consultant, found common problem in most IS, so the consultant replaces Foc, juz spoke to my buddy an hour ago, he say he is in Borneo Motor fixing his car now.

Was informed Lexus management was forth-coming in fixing problem now as compared to yesteryear,

his mileage was 60K after 6 years of driving, replaced his odometer on the 4 half years due to faulty odometer, as compared to another Toyota car ( same year who had clocked 400+ mileage . . . can't believe it.

U may like to try go back to Lexus and explain your situation , maybe it's your lucky day.

Sorry to revive this thread,

But Somebody, did you manage to find a garage to fix? I'm also planning to get my own parts.

Autobacs quoted $540 for just one side replacement! Too much for my 7.5 year old Mazda 3.. Online they were selling for $100 for two sides!

Got mine done @ $320 for both. At Aoto TG branch.. not the cheapest around but they have a hydraulic press rather than hammer knocking it in plc.. went there due to convenience as I stayed west area..

↡ Advertisement