Which workshop will you choose?

Ericongy

My previous AD workshop uses castrol edge which i am happy with (in fact it is the best i have used compared to idemitsu and voltonic) and the technician there are ok in attitude.

what i dislike is they dun allow us to see what they do to our car and the pricing is on the high side for me. normal 10k servicing is abt $180-200. and my major servicing at 40k cost me >$600. my car is juz a stock japanese chao tee....

I have sort list a few ws which i may visit over the weekend and hope to stick to them for good. but i hope to get some feedback from you guys before i make the final decision.

WS: BH Auto Services Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Agip, Amsoil /$118 - $128

Pull factors: Near my house in wdls and almost all reviews are positive

Still thinking: there are cheaper option and i would actually like to try out motul, ows or shogun EO.

WS: E-Rev Motor Sports LLP

EO/Price: Blitz, Redline, Motul, Fuchs, Cusco, Redline/$100-$170

Pull factors: Near my house in wdls and lots of options

Still thinking: imo not all their goods/service are reasonably priced

WS: Autoaid Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Shogun/$88-$98

Pull factors: below $100 with Shogun EO. heard that shogun is solid stuff.

Still thinking: the mechanics are Nissan experts. I dun own a nissan.

WS: Soon Huat Tyres Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Bardahl/$98

Pull factors: below $100

Still thinking: they seems to more into tyres than vehicle servicing.

WS: Providence Automobile Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Pennzoil, Liqui Moly, OWS/$88

Pull factors: seems to be the cheapest i can find

Still thinking: a bit far from wdls and not much review on them

WS: Excel Car Service Centre Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Shogun/$93-$165

Pull factors: big premises with what looks like state of art facilities. using Shogun. kids facilites. aviva authorized (my car insurance co.)

Still thinking: a bit far from wdls, $93 package seems like crap and the next jump is $165. not much review.

all comments appreciate

↡ Advertisement

No doubt 1st auto is a very reputable ws. But $198 for ows 5w-40 is a bit pricey for me. We can get a similar package for less den half that price in one of the was I mentioned above...

Neutral Newbie

Maybe u let us know which Japan chao tee u driving. Then can Better advice u.

For me for all my ride I don believe in going back to agent for service after my warranty. Firsty very ex over charge, cannot see cannot ask, dunno got do no do. After 2 hour tell u this spoil that spoil. Change this change that. 2hour very lucky leow. Some time tell u put car in the morning, come back evening. Just normal 10k..

I am looking to service my wife 1.3 Fit now. If they are good, I would like to bring my stream, vios and my sis swift along to them.

All 4 chao tee about the same I guess... all stock n bnb car.

Out of the few workshop u mentioned, i patronised E-Rev for changing parts/ major servicing only. I use their Redline package. I agreed that their price is increasing, but they do not charge GST.

Haven try but Providence Automobile charge 7% GST.

That is useful information. It they really charge 7% on their listed price, den there is no point for me to travel all the way liao..

Out of the few workshop u mentioned, i patronised E-Rev for changing parts/ major servicing only. I use their Redline package. I agreed that their price is increasing, but they do not charge GST.

So how is the redline EO?

Serviced before at providence motor when i saw their ad on here for OWS servicing.

$88 for OWS + 4 x OWS copper plugs ($25) + wiper ($25).

comes with ows air con clean, simply insert the tube into the air con duct for "cleaning"

plus car wash n vacuum. Comes with GST too.

Nothing to shout about, discovered that my EO was leaking after awhile, went to WS to check and found drain plug not tighten.

Nv went back again.

My previous AD workshop uses castrol edge which i am happy with (in fact it is the best i have used compared to idemitsu and voltonic) and the technician there are ok in attitude.

what i dislike is they dun allow us to see what they do to our car and the pricing is on the high side for me. normal 10k servicing is abt $180-200. and my major servicing at 40k cost me >$600. my car is juz a stock japanese chao tee....

I have sort list a few ws which i may visit over the weekend and hope to stick to them for good. but i hope to get some feedback from you guys before i make the final decision.

WS: BH Auto Services Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Agip, Amsoil /$118 - $128

Pull factors: Near my house in wdls and almost all reviews are positive

Still thinking: there are cheaper option and i would actually like to try out motul, ows or shogun EO.

WS: E-Rev Motor Sports LLP

EO/Price: Blitz, Redline, Motul, Fuchs, Cusco, Redline/$100-$170

Pull factors: Near my house in wdls and lots of options

Still thinking: imo not all their goods/service are reasonably priced

WS: Autoaid Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Shogun/$88-$98

Pull factors: below $100 with Shogun EO. heard that shogun is solid stuff.

Still thinking: the mechanics are Nissan experts. I dun own a nissan.

WS: Soon Huat Tyres Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Bardahl/$98

Pull factors: below $100

Still thinking: they seems to more into tyres than vehicle servicing.

WS: Providence Automobile Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Pennzoil, Liqui Moly, OWS/$88

Pull factors: seems to be the cheapest i can find

Still thinking: a bit far from wdls and not much review on them

WS: Excel Car Service Centre Pte Ltd

EO/Price: Shogun/$93-$165

Pull factors: big premises with what looks like state of art facilities. using Shogun. kids facilites. aviva authorized (my car insurance co.)

Still thinking: a bit far from wdls, $93 package seems like crap and the next jump is $165. not much review.

all comments appreciate

does BH allows own engine oil? i also need to service car - major servicing. hope not too expensive

So how is the redline EO?

I quite like redline since it is very smooth n responsive. Many drivers mentioned that the oil breakdown between 7 ~ 8k. But I drain it at 9K n I dun feel it that way. Perhaps it is my gradual accelerator stepping habit.

Im going back for redline for my next servicing.

For me i tried b4 amsoil asl 5w30, schaeffer 9003 5w30 and redline 5w30. Currently stock up to try royal purple 5w30 in next next servicing.

Hi guys, i am new here and would like to ask whether u guys got any workshop specialize RAV4 problem solving? The problem now is whenever i step harder on the accelerator, it revs but no pick up at all. Please help, thank you

Neutral Newbie

Can try dynamic mechanics in woodlands industrial park..few of my wlds frens service their cars there and i've been there twice to look see look see n play xbox while waiting lol..seems pretty ok..tink they speciallize in streams..

↡ Advertisement