Hit-And-Run near Botanic Garden

Akari_ph

Hi All,

Yesterday, I was a victim of hit-and-run accident. My car was parked at road side lot at Tyersall Avenue to attend the wedding at Halia Restaurant. When I came back to my car after wedding, I had found that there was a big dent on the right side of the fender.

I can't believe that it was happened. Regret that I didn't install in-car cam which I already had (a gift from my friend).

Driver side door was not able to open due to fender alignment.

The detail;

Date: 22 Dec 2012

Time: Between 12 to 3pm (Clear day)

Car Make: VW Golf March

post-24807-1356268749_thumb.jpg

post-24807-1356268844_thumb.png

Although chances are slim, hopefully there was witness to this accident.

My holiday trip was ruined because of this accident.

Edited by Akari_ph
↡ Advertisement

Sucks to be you. Make sure you curse the guy for running away. Anw Ill just fix it and be done with it. Damage seems localised to the front panel only. Changing/spraying it would be not too expensive. Don't let it spoil your festive mood.

Hi All,

Yesterday, I was a victim of hit-and-run accident. My car was parked at road side lot at Tyersall Avenue to attend the wedding at Halia Restaurant. When I came back to my car after wedding, I had found that there was a big dent on the right side of the fender.

I can't believe that it was happened. Regret that I didn't install in-car cam which I already had (a gift from my friend).

Driver side door was not able to open due to fender alignment.

The detail;

Date: 22 Dec 2012

Time: Between 12 to 3pm (Clear day)

Car Make: VW Golf March

Although chances are slim, hopefully there was witness to this accident.

My holiday trip was ruined because of this accident.

Go invest a good HD cam that run 24hr.

probably 2k min from VW.outside workshop max 1k.you do the maths.

Because of warranty, it is better to do at VW. Car is less than 2 months old.

Thanks for all your replies.

I will not claim from insurance and pay for my own. The quotation from VW is really [knife] .

I think you can check with your insurer,i heard before for "Hit & Run" ,can claim own insurance,no loss of N.C.B.,but must make police report first.

I cant really see too clearly fm yr pic but damage quite high up. Might b a truck or lorry.

See if any of e shops around hv cctv that might see something.

I ever kenna b4. Come back see damm pissed but what to do. Other veh already run off.

Just chk what is cheapest n best way to repair. What to do. Drive is like that.

Twincharged

I cant really see too clearly fm yr pic but damage quite high up. Might b a truck or lorry.

See if any of e shops around hv cctv that might see something.

I ever kenna b4. Come back see damm pissed but what to do. Other veh already run off.

Just chk what is cheapest n best way to repair. What to do. Drive is like that.

IMO its not a lorry that hit la. The damage around the arch area which is quite low leh. If lorry then the damage would be even more.

even if you find culprit.. he die die wont admit.. also suck thumb..

happened to me... culprit was a regular at the gym.. i confronted her when i saw her again (she hadnt repaired the damage on her car, still had traces of the black paint plus height of damage etc all tallied) ..and she said she knocked it somewhere else.. and said i have no proof... LLST.

Does a single front right fender panel cost so much? The rest of the panels appear ok except for the door which probably requires some panel beating.

Looks like even though a VW is competitively priced against Jap cars but still costs a bomb to repair.

even if you find culprit.. he die die wont admit.. also suck thumb..

happened to me... culprit was a regular at the gym.. i confronted her when i saw her again (she hadnt repaired the damage on her car, still had traces of the black paint plus height of damage etc all tallied) ..and she said she knocked it somewhere else.. and said i have no proof... LLST.

errr, damage it further?

heh [laugh]

5 times more? Might as well go outside workshop. VCS also outsource the repair to outside workshop.

After negotiation, the cost is reduced. Around 3 times plus.

IMO its not a lorry that hit la. The damage around the arch area which is quite low leh. If lorry then the damage would be even more.

Believe MPV or SUV. may be lady driver??

↡ Advertisement