Action Information Management!! latest update

Wind30

This is really bad....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1244331/1/.html

even channelnewsasia reported the story.

Bottomline is PAP Town councils SOLD their computer system for $140000 to aim and promised to Pay Aim a Monthly Fee of $785 per town council to use their software.

There are so many red flags that I am really worried for Singapore

1) There is only ONE BIDDER in the entire tender, Quote from CNA "Dr Teo said although five companies collected the tender agreement, the sole bid was submitted by AIM, a company fully owned by the P A P. "

2) sold for $140 000? what are they smoking? how much did they spend to develop that software? My brother has a startup that makes encryption software for cloud computing and I tell you, $140k is not going last very long.

3) $785 monthly fee per TC? with 14 PAP TCs that works out to $131880 a year! Sold their software for $140k and lease it back at $132k a year??? This is totally ridiculous.

4) How many Employees does Aim has? What is their contact number? They don't even have an address. Did they do ANYTHING at all?

This is really bad... if PAP does not get to the bottom of this....

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement

This is really bad....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1244331/1/.html

even channelnewsasia reported the story.

Bottomline is PAP Town councils SOLD their computer system for $140000 to aim and promised to Pay Aim a Monthly Fee of $785 per town council to use their software.

There are so many red flags that I am really worried for Singapore

1) There is only ONE BIDDER in the entire tender, "AIM, a company fully owned by the PAP"

2) sold for $140 000? what are they smoking? how much did they spend to develop that software? My brother has a startup that makes encryption software for cloud computing and I tell you, $140k is not going last very long.

3) $785 monthly fee per TC? with 14 PAP TCs that works out to $131880 a year! Sold their software for $140k and lease it back at $132k a year??? This is totally ridiculous.

4) How many Employees does Aim has? What is their contact number? They don't even have an address. Did they do ANYTHING at all?

This is really bad... if PAP does not get to the bottom of this....

What do you mean "if PAP does not get to the bottom of this". PAP is the top and the BOTTOM of it. They sell it to their own and then lease it back to earn money. AIM operated out of a virtual office. They don't need any staff or tools as everything is at the TCs. Even the biggest fool can see what is going on. <_<

What do you mean "if PAP does not get to the bottom of this". PAP is the top and the BOTTOM of it. They sell it to their own and then lease it back to earn money. AIM operated out of a virtual office. They don't need any staff or tools as everything is at the TCs. Even the biggest fool can see what is going on. <_<

Whether bottom, top, left, right, front, back, anywhere the same. All is 'ka ki lang'. Just saw the news where just briefly mentioned like no big deal, just report for the sake of reporting

My personal opinion is that this is corruption at the highest level.

Clean government? Load of bull.

of cos, else hw to fund those expensive retreats?

Can wholly-owned company of PAP bid on an open tender called by PAP? Isn't that making the market? Then what's stopping X number of wholly-owned companies of PAP participating in the bid and then declaring that the minimum number of bidders (X number) has been satisfied?

Neutral Newbie

AIM only owns the rights to the software, so all computer hardware belong to the respective TCs and these remained with AHTC when its contract with AIM ended.

walau self pawn

sell the whole software for $140k and lease back yearly for $138k?

lease for software license and no support, hardware, software and technical wise?

wa lan eh.. no wonder we singaporeans are finding it impossible to retire now.. with leaders making decisions as such.

[jawdrop]

Whether bottom, top, left, right, front, back, anywhere the same. All is 'ka ki lang'. Just saw the news where just briefly mentioned like no big deal, just report for the sake of reporting

This only served to inform the PAP to be more careful in their future "dealings". Not to be exposed so easily.

My personal opinion is that this is corruption at the highest level.

Clean government? Load of bull.

This may not even be corruption. It's could be a scam to leech conservancy charges. CAD should be involve instead.

Thanks to Sylvia Lim for asking the right questions and netizens to dig out the dirty details. Too big to cover until no minister dare to talk about it.

As I said before in the other thread, this really stink lah, if no one from PAP can explain to us convincely.

Edited by Ender

To give them the benefit of doubt. The highest level may not know what's going on with the middle management level. The highest level salary so high, why would they want to risk it with this questionable 'profit'.

To give them the benefit of doubt. The highest level may not know what's going on with the middle management level. The highest level salary so high, why would they want to risk it with this questionable 'profit'.

Then there will be more question marks - Is the highest level going to do anything about it? If not, does it mean what AIM did was acceptable? If yes, will there be punishments? If no punishments, why?

Anyway, my guess is that this issue will be swept under the carpet.