Any Audi A4 owners need feedback

Xxadidasxx

Go vagsg for more info. Are you own an A4 B8? The B8 A4 utilize MLP architechture and handle significantly better than any of the previous generation A4s before it.

My Corolla is due to scrap by end October. With high new car prices, may opt for cars left with 2 to 3 years to go for the time being. Having driven Jpn cars for more than 15 years, thought of getting an old conti such as an Audi A4. This forum thread has so few inputs. Can current and old A4 owners offer and share their experience in terms of reliability and things to watch out for?

Thank you in advance!

Supersonic

My Corolla is due to scrap by end October. With high new car prices, may opt for cars left with 2 to 3 years to go for the time being. Having driven Jpn cars for more than 15 years, thought of getting an old conti such as an Audi A4. This forum thread has so few inputs. Can current and old A4 owners offer and share their experience in terms of reliability and things to watch out for?

Thank you in advance!

Why the A4? If u tired of jap and wanna change to conti, go for RWD for a different driving feel.

You may wish to try VAGSG since they will be more members who drive the models you are interested in.

so far i have been driving mine (1.8T '07 model) with minimal problems. cost of servicing can be kept in check as most brands of EO can be used as long as it is a VW approved oil. I have been using Mobil 1 0w40 for my TC engine and all is running well.

Parts will cost more compared to jap/korean but so far mine has been relatively problem free except for a coolant leak (which is a common problem as the plastic parts melt under engine heat).

Why the A4? If u tired of jap and wanna change to conti, go for RWD for a different driving feel.

ppl wan buy audi let them lah...wa liao u [laugh] [laugh]

if u wan a dog as pet, ppl recommend gorrila u happy anot :wacko:

Supersonic

ppl wan buy audi let them lah...wa liao u [laugh][laugh]

if u wan a dog as pet, ppl recommend gorrila u happy anot :wacko:

kns.....gib frenly advice oso u kaypoh. but true that RWD more shiok rite?

kns.....gib frenly advice oso u kaypoh. but true that RWD more shiok rite?

now den u know...your bullock cart that time up to the vulvas u had all fwd wat.... [laugh] [laugh] ..i still rem u comprain abt torque steer on the vulvas

the oni fwd i had was my first car, suzuki swift

Jap also have RWD, even more shiok then conti. Take a look at my avatar [thumbsup]

gimme R34 anytime baby [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

that one is a monster. i still prefer agility and balance [laugh]

ya man, the NC was one of the better handler i had. Lacked juice, but damn nice to drive [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Supersonic

the oni fwd i had was my first car, suzuki swift

tink a bullock cart still faster than ur susu car. [:p]

Juice?

That's because you never gone down the "Dark" side [:p]

lol....all my cars stok lah.....

Kind of tired. Since that day a few years ago when I sat in my ex-colleague's A4, have been wanted to own one, never mind if it is resale. It will cost more but for a shorter period of 2-3 years for trying, instead of buying brand new which costs more and depreciates fast in the first 2 years. I am only concerned about maintenance and repair cost as conti's tend to have more problems in their later years compared to Jpn. True?

I also heard of cases where gear boxes giving problems on Audi's. Are these common or happened occasionally?

Thanks to everyone's contributions.

↡ Advertisement