Potholes. the idiots cant do anything about it?

Mnphosis

bloody hell who is the dept in charge of potholes? LTA?

small island cant keep the road in proper order. Saw motorcycle almost buang because of big pothole. have experienced numerous pot holes all over the island.

so hard to maintain the road? nb malaysia also less occurence than in sgp. near nuh even better. 3 lanes all filled with leftover cement for months and no one bothers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

small island cant keep the road in proper order. Saw motorcycle almost buang because of big pothole. have experienced numerous pot holes all over the island.

so hard to maintain the road? nb malaysia also less occurence than in sgp. near nuh even better. 3 lanes all filled with leftover cement for months and no one bothers.

they are busier doing this :

529883_10150663150860942_1947274968_n.jpg

arses. the country has gone down the drain. everything is money money money. but for whom?

never put it back into the economy. I cant believe the country is worse today than 20 years ago.

Neutral Newbie

arses. the country has gone down the drain. everything is money money money. but for whom?

never put it back into the economy. I cant believe the country is worse today than 20 years ago.

I totally agree with you...our country is really become worst and worst...

Not only potholes..but uneven road, bumper road, stone, cement and worst ..even when they the dig and they just cover those area that they dig...

the whole road because so ugly ..

Not only potholes..but uneven road, bumper road, stone, cement and worst ..even when they the dig and they just cover those area that they dig...

i went back at 3 am with less cars to inspect the pothole. its along jalan bukit merah near alexandra village. The slip road from jalan bukit merah towards AIA building, opposite Queensway shopping centre.

Easily 2m by 2m at least. maybe more. too dark unable to take a photo.

worse, the lights along that stretch where the pothole is all covered by trees. like candle light. no wonder the motorcyclist fell. nb

must someone die then they happy.

2m by 2m or more no joking matter. if any of you happen to pass by pls go see for yourself.

I agreed with the above statement, in fact the islandwide expressway is not maintain by LTA. And all the new developed housing estate eg. Punggol main road where the lorry carrying stones and cement, all the roadside and the slipped road filled with stones. This is a road hazard for all road users epecially for riders. I have encounter a bad experience while driving at Punggol area , where a big stone in the extreme right lane. I couldnt manage to avoid and run over the stone which cause my front left tyre burst. Lucky me, i manage to handle the car but with a flat tyre. I hope the relevent authorities could do something.

Yes, I notice the roads got more potholes, other than that, planks can be seen. Rocks can be seen. And sad to say, $$$ is more important than maintaining, that is why. We are living in an oscar awarded country.

Major roads r all mantain by Lta. Unless hdb carparks are mantain by hdb. It's their fault for not getting enough contractors to repair the potholes or bullying contractors or using low low grade asphalt therefore the roads degrade.

Yes, I notice the roads got more potholes, other than that, planks can be seen. Rocks can be seen. And sad to say, $$$ is more important than maintaining, that is why. We are living in an oscar awarded country.

I have seen huge wooden plank in the Lornie road entry flyover. Generally it does not bother me so much as mistakes do happen, but this plywood plank, almost an inch thick, @2mx2m size was lying around there for three days before it was removed in the fourth day. It being so wide, did not fly, but it is a road hazard and I could not understand why it took three days to be removed.

there is heavy construction going on next to my office and the well paved roads are giving way to breaking down. Once the construction is done, hope they relay the road.

Nainar

Visit marina cruise centre and you may wonder why was the rush of openning of the centre.road not ready, DFS not there,transport back home is tough

Pls read lah.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...e/potholes.html

This is one of the paragraph I like to highlight...

Why potholes cannot be properly repaired when it is raining?

Due to the nature of the material, potholes cannot be properly repaired under wet conditions as the tack coat laid is unable to bind the existing surface and the fresh premix together effectively, and the fresh premix will be washed away by rainwater.

LTA targets to repair potholes within 24 hours upon notification. However, during days of prolonged rainfall, the contractor may do a temporary reinstatement (just laying the tack coat and filling the hole with asphalt) and come back again during dry weather conditions to do a proper permanent repair.

Some ppl....I dunno what to say. [rolleyes]

And pls call the hotline(1800-2255582) to report where the potholes are.

Edited by Watwheels

I have reported to LTA twice (email) over the last 2-3 yrs. (potholes near the place I stay)

Both occasions the email mail response is within the next working day. AND the pothole(s) promptly repaired shortly after.

Seriously, I dun really expect them to be aware of each and every hole/plank/rock/stone on all the roads.

Those concerned enough should just take the time to feedback to them, (off course, if they dun respond, do "bash" them)....

You may want to do your part by reporting so that LTA can repair. If they never repair, then slam them hard hard. It may be difficult to track such things unless motorist feedback to them.

portholes_LTA contact number

I have notice nowadays polehole very serious, esp on certain road. Even reported and the pothole repaired, after a while the potholes come back again. Wondering it is due to the poor QC check?! [:/]

I have reported to LTA twice (email) over the last 2-3 yrs. (potholes near the place I stay)

Both occasions the email mail response is within the next working day. AND the pothole(s) promptly repaired shortly after.

Seriously, I dun really expect them to be aware of each and every hole/plank/rock/stone on all the roads.

Those concerned enough should just take the time to feedback to them, (off course, if they dun respond, do "bash" them)....

Yes, I've reported to LTA many times about potholes and each time they will get it repaired very nicely plus calling me and asking me how was the situation handled by the officer who took my call and if anyone called to inform the potholes have been repaired.

Never once was it ignored. We have to be their eyes, they cannot be everywhere 24/7, but the will do their job. [thumbsup]

Even illegal parking of containers dangerously at turnings etc.. they will come within the hour to summon and if not moved will come again and summon if you tell them the danger is still there. [thumbsup]

Roads have potholes

Roads have re-patched tarmac whic height is not inline with the rest of roads

Roads have leftover gravel bits from big trucks

Roads have wooden planks from heavy vehicles.

Cutting trees on a crowded Saturday afternoon on CTE!

Making roads on a crowded Saturday afternoon on TPE

Why cant LTA do something about this instead of catching people with illegal lights, modified exhaust?

Safety and smoothness on the road should be a priority mah...correct or not?

Sigh....pay so much road tax like never pay....

If they need us to tell them about all these small small issues, then might as well i call the road repair man myself..

Edited by Ooosh
↡ Advertisement