Any of your child in international school?

Chucky2007

Just wonder if any of your you g child is in international school preschool or junior school? If yes, any feedback?

Is illegal for pink IC to attend international school (but can apply for a difficult to get dispensation)

For preschool - many many international - specfically which one you thinking of? (and more to the point, if it is affiliated to one of the "recognised" international school, do they have space)

Also, do note, there is going to be a huge difference between the diff nationalities, I know here got French, Japanese, Austalian (x2) and US - not sure what else, but all will be different

Is illegal for pink IC to attend international school (but can apply for a difficult to get dispensation)

Also heard that once you go international school as a local very hard to get approval back into the local system.

Just wonder if any of your you g child is in international school preschool or junior school? If yes, any feedback?

My son is in woodlands primary school, eh don't see woodlands pri Sch no up ah, it is an international school you know, got prc, got MY, got Ang mo, got mynmar, got pinoy, got viet, the teacher told me it is like UN! :D

For preschool - many many international - specfically which one you thinking of? (and more to the point, if it is affiliated to one of the "recognised" international school, do they have space)

Also, do note, there is going to be a huge difference between the diff nationalities, I know here got French, Japanese, Austalian (x2) and US - not sure what else, but all will be different

Didnt know it is illegal for pink IC to attend international school?! :blink: I only know pink IC cannot attend international school.

if not foreigner...why bother to put children into international school? Mix with Ang mo will become smarter?

I dont know abt that but I used to visit the Australia school weekly and the learning environment is totally different from our local schools. I had a fren who was a teacher there. He is Australian.

i almost got into one...but that was more then 20 yrs back..and parents found it too expensive [:p]

Didnt know it is illegal for pink IC to attend international school?! :blink: I only know pink IC cannot attend international school.

If your kid is a Singapore Citizen, then you need to get MOE's approval before you can enroll your kid into an international school.

Common reasons include: Kid grew up abroad since birth, medical reasons which may result in the kid not being able to cope in a local school.

Note: Last time, Singaporeans are NOT allowed to study in international school. All have to go thru the local system. But Ah Gong's grandson was dyslexic and so MOE gave him "permission" for the kid to study in Singapore American School instead. After this incident, all Singaporeans became "eligible" to opt out of the local school system too.

if not foreigner...why bother to put children into international school? Mix with Ang mo will become smarter?

Yes! It's called osmosis -

when intelligence paritcles go from a high density (ang mo brain) to a low density (Sg brain) through a semi permeable membrane (eyes)

[laugh][laugh]

My son is in Stamford American International School, K2. Had gotten MOE's approval for him to skip the local school system. He is autistic and have behavioural issues. Had ever tried local kindergarden for a year, but he just couldn't cope. Don't even want to speak, write, learn or even play.

We had to try our luck with an international school due to this, and frankly it really caught us by surprise. Within half a year, he was already very outspoken (talkative), is acceptive of learning and could interact with other kids. The way these international school works is learning through play, and from what I see, it really was effective, at least for my kid.

We are currently applying to MOE to let him stay in an international school for his primary education, i.e. Grade 1 to 6.

Needless to say, the biggest con here is the cost of education.

Edited by Matrixx

If your kid is a Singapore Citizen, then you need to get MOE's approval before you can enroll your kid into an international school.

Common reasons include: Kid grew up abroad since birth, medical reasons which may result in the kid not being able to cope in a local school.

Note: Last time, Singaporeans are NOT allowed to study in international school. All have to go thru the local system. But Ah Gong's grandson was dyslexic and so MOE gave him "permission" for the kid to study in Singapore American School instead. After this incident, all Singaporeans became "eligible" to opt out of the local school system too.

How come if due to medical reasons, the child can cope in the international school rather than local school? [:/]

No matter what reasons, i think the school fees in international school very expensive.

How come if due to medical reasons, the child can cope in the international school rather than local school? [:/]

No matter what reasons, i think the school fees in international school very expensive.

Could be lots of reasons - probably because of more help, and a less rigid environment would be my guess.

Could be lots of reasons - probably because of more help, and a less rigid environment would be my guess.

Unless you are talking about special school rather than international school?!

Yes! It's called osmosis -

when intelligence paritcles go from a high density (ang mo brain) to a low density (Sg brain) through a semi permeable membrane (eyes)

[laugh][laugh]

can I mix with you more often?

My son is in Stamford American International School, K2. Had gotten MOE's approval for him to skip the local school system. He is autistic and have behavioural issues. Had ever tried local kindergarden for a year, but he just couldn't cope. Don't even want to speak, write, learn or even play.

We had to try our luck with an international school due to this, and frankly it really caught us by surprise. Within half a year, he was already very outspoken (talkative), is acceptive of learning and could interact with other kids. The way these international school works is learning through play, and from what I see, it really was effective, at least for my kid.

We are currently applying to MOE to let him stay in an international school for his primary education, i.e. Grade 1 to 6.

Needless to say, the biggest con here is the cost of education.

Bro, your son is at the woodleigh site? Is the teachers friendly there? What age did you enroll him?

↡ Advertisement