Kana hi-beam for nothing

Ditiang

A while ago I was traveling at CTE.

Traffic very good, not much car.

I was at extreme left.

I do all my signal as usual.

I don't anyhow change lane.

Travel at 80km/hr

Out of no where, a MPV from behind me 4 car length hi-beam me for nothing.

Thinking maybe he accidentally hi-beamed me.

So I carry on driving.

Next he hi-beam 2 times continuously. After 5 sec again and again.

While he hi beam, he still 4 car length away from me.

I start to get angry and at the same time telling myself to cool down.

A few sec later I'm able to cool down and carry on my journey.

That MPV again, hi-beam like drinking water.

I'm glad that I exit Moulmein staying clear away from that "SIAO driver".

After I parked my car I go behind my car see if got anything wrong with my car.

But find nothing, even I try to recall back my journey, I find nothing wrong.

Look back at my car video looks normal to me.

Still, puzzle with what's wrong with him...

eithe you never on your headlights or your brake lights spoilt? or he could be someone u know?

sometimes people hi beam u for a reason, to warning or tell u something which u dont know, not necessary trying to piss u off.

↡ Advertisement

I dont think so, car serviced 31 sep 2012, replaced the center brake light.

The rest of the light is in good working condition.

Checked my brake light at the car park all light working ok leh.

If he want to tell me something, he hi-beam a bit to many times leh.

Scary leh... like THE MOVIE "JEEPERS CREEPER" van behind me.

But thank you bro for the info of the brake light.

I am happy that I am able to tahan the hi-beam trigger anger thingy.

Will continue to pratice it :)

Maybe yr number open 4d 1st prize n he trying to say HUAT AH to u?

My car cam video did show my headlight is "ON".

I suspect he not happy with me by not letting him filter out into expressway.

When reach a filter lane for car to exit into CTE, i slow down a bit to let 2 car filter out follow by me as I estimated from my speed and the car that are filtering out. So I decided to slow down a bit to let 2 car filter out and just nice my turn to continue.

Think that MPV might think "knn you let 2 car out, but not me" :wacko: hope its not because of this he hi-beam me like drinking water.

Maybe those 2 cars u let in was his frens n he trying to stick wh them cos he dunno e way to their destination?

....i always hi-beam others also....i wanna show them I ALSO GOT HI-BEAM INSTALLED!!!!!

I tot cos u just changed to philips extreme bulbs n cant help showing off. [laugh] [laugh]

i encounter b4 the same problem... someone tailgate me from behide.....then start to hi beam for 20 times over me...

i was quite piss off when i wasnt road hogging or anything cos it is like a long que infront.... then i decide it is time to change rear bumper...

JAM BRAKE!!! ... [laugh]

So how much it cost him fr yr new rear bumper?

Maybe..

Anyway it is the right of way for cars alr on the expressway..

I also kena once, was in the left lane on ECP when I saw this car from the filter lane. But his speed was way slower than mine and I if I had to give way to him, I had to apply a significant amount of brake. And there was ample space behind me so he could just filter behind me. But then this basket not happy that I didn't brake for him to filter in..from behind he drove to the lane beside mine and drove beside my car, staring at me.. I was like WTF? Like that also like small kid want to find trouble, but his stare did not last long cos I had to exit in the next exit [laugh]

Anyway, usually if I see a car coming from filter lane, I will take my foot off the accelerator pedal to slow my speed. And if the car picks up speed as he gets nearer to the entry of the expressway, he will be able to filter in before me. But if the car doesn't pick up speed, I will just accelerate faster as I do not wish to apply extra brake to travel behind his slow pace..See the situation..I hope this is normal

If i kenna this type of idiot..i wil put on those old ah pek half blind half deaf n half dead look n he see me wil just drive off. Hahaha. [laugh]

I tot cos u just changed to philips extreme bulbs n cant help showing off. [laugh][laugh]

i reverted back to stock bulbs and proud of it.....my korlicks said my previous HID too bright.... [:(]

Others high beam is normally to tell you that there is something wrong with your car, maybe check your rear lights or brake lights.

Sometimes some cars have one rear lights blown or brake lights shorted ( always on ) but owner was not aware of it.

However now I never bother to high beam others because someone ever jam brake in the middle of the road in front of my car.

Being good is not always appreciated by others.

bro, only a loser will jam brake for nothing..these people will get it one day.

What's the best way to tell the car behind you that he's forgotten to turn on his headlights without going behind him to highbeam?

I tried staying in front of him but switch off all my lights to alert the driver, but usually he or she just carries on and still leaves the headlights off..... [:(]

it is difficult if it is on the highway. i once stop beside a bike at the traffic junction, wind down my window and tell the biker his light not on. can see from his face that he was appreciative. [:)]

Edited by Earthboy

A while ago I was traveling at CTE.

Traffic very good, not much car.

I was at extreme left.

I do all my signal as usual.

I don't anyhow change lane.

Travel at 80km/hr

Out of no where, a MPV from behind me 4 car length hi-beam me for nothing.

Thinking maybe he accidentally hi-beamed me.

So I carry on driving.

Next he hi-beam 2 times continuously. After 5 sec again and again.

While he hi beam, he still 4 car length away from me.

I start to get angry and at the same time telling myself to cool down.

A few sec later I'm able to cool down and carry on my journey.

That MPV again, hi-beam like drinking water.

I'm glad that I exit Moulmein staying clear away from that "SIAO driver".

After I parked my car I go behind my car see if got anything wrong with my car.

But find nothing, even I try to recall back my journey, I find nothing wrong.

Look back at my car video looks normal to me.

Still, puzzle with what's wrong with him...

Did you accidentally cut into his lane without you realizing it? You may think its ok but maybe he thinks it is too near for comfort??

Maybe..

Anyway it is the right of way for cars alr on the expressway..

I also kena once, was in the left lane on ECP when I saw this car from the filter lane. But his speed was way slower than mine and I if I had to give way to him, I had to apply a significant amount of brake. And there was ample space behind me so he could just filter behind me. But then this basket not happy that I didn't brake for him to filter in..from behind he drove to the lane beside mine and drove beside my car, staring at me.. I was like WTF? Like that also like small kid want to find trouble, but his stare did not last long cos I had to exit in the next exit [laugh]

Anyway, usually if I see a car coming from filter lane, I will take my foot off the accelerator pedal to slow my speed. And if the car picks up speed as he gets nearer to the entry of the expressway, he will be able to filter in before me. But if the car doesn't pick up speed, I will just accelerate faster as I do not wish to apply extra brake to travel behind his slow pace..See the situation..I hope this is normal

Can't believe this....under a driving test situation the car from filter lane would have failed causing others to take evasive action. What happened to all those things learnt ? Give back to instructor?

Edited by Pangarans

i reverted back to stock bulbs and proud of it.....my korlicks said my previous HID too bright.... [:(]

The problem wh aftermarket hid is not too bright but not properly aligned.

Thats e main problem. Some pple dun know but some do it on purpose to get pple to move out of their way. These r immature n pose a danger to other road users.

i encounter b4 the same problem... someone tailgate me from behide.....then start to hi beam for 20 times over me...

i was quite piss off when i wasnt road hogging or anything cos it is like a long que infront.... then i decide it is time to change rear bumper...

JAM BRAKE!!! ... [laugh]

There are a lot of such people around.

Just the other day when I come to a junction and stop at a side road waiting to go out to a major road.

A taxi come behind me waited for a while and started horning me.

The main road have lots of vehicle passing and I cannot filter out, what do he expect me to do.

Drive out and gets hit by passing vehicles?

I immediately stop looking for opportunity to filter out and step on my brakes and look at him on my rear view mirror for a good while.

This taxi realise that and stop pressing his horn.

I intend to off my engine and lift up my car bonnet if he continue blasting his horn.

Stupid taxi driver and a lot of other type of drivers also always think OPC are mostly driven by inexperience car drivers.

If i kenna this type of idiot..i wil put on those old ah pek half blind half deaf n half dead look n he see me wil just drive off. Hahaha. [laugh]

Next time if I encounter such ppl I will look at them and give this look: [grin]

↡ Advertisement