Fiat Bravo

Xiaobravo

Thanks Adrian, yes I went to Prowerkz before to do a scan on my electricals, they showed climate control fault (which I think explains my intermittent but rare problem with aircon compressor not firing up), and also the body computer which explains why the stock radio doesn't work.

Btw, any info on fixing the radio without replacing the body computer? So far I had to settle with minimum entertainment of turbo choo choo noise and tire grumble, some actual music will be better.

My option according to Prowerkz is to by pass something in the computer $500+, then install aftermarket stereo, but quite ex and still cannot find the right panel to then cover the dash..

Have you went for audio check on the radio wiring? the radio has been like this before or after something was fixed or replaced?

Since you going for a free check soon, pls let us know the outcome of the check.

Sure. i'll go dig out the report.

Nothing much actually. Just the standard wear and tear, and the crumbling wiring housings and intake hose. Small issues that have quick fixes. 

But then again, i'm driving a T-jet manual. For the selespeed, probably have to take note of the selespeed oil and flush the clutch pump regularly i guess?

After the free check, need to do with them the wear and tear?

↡ Advertisement

Have you went for audio check on the radio wiring? the radio has been like this before or after something was fixed or replaced?

Since you going for a free check soon, pls let us know the outcome of the check.

After the free check, need to do with them the wear and tear?

Don't have to la. It's just a check. Of course they will let you know what needs to be fixed and the estimated cost (which is quite reasonable actually).

Don't have to la. It's just a check. Of course they will let you know what needs to be fixed and the estimated cost (which is quite reasonable actually).

sounds like a nice deal. would you mind to share what is the cost of the things you need to fix?

Yes please share the sample costs, so EuroAutomobiles can service Fiat too then? Good to have more agents that can service. Actually the car is still very good condition mechanically, some electrical problems also minor can be fixed. And the car is good looking, anyone actually renew COE on Bravo? My friend drove 500 before he said need to go workshop every 2-3 weeks, may be a bad apple?

Thinking of upgrading to Bravo MT too. Test driven one and the car judders a little on slight throttle and clutch pedal biting point is very high and pedal is spongy. Normal?

• Praise 1

Thinking of upgrading to Bravo MT too. Test driven one and the car judders a little on slight throttle and clutch pedal biting point is very high and pedal is spongy. Normal?

Judder as in you never throttle enough before releasing clutch?

• Praise 1

Judder as in you never throttle enough before releasing clutch?

Didn't even clutch out. Just slight tough on throttle on neutral as well:.

Didn't even clutch out. Just slight tough on throttle on neutral as well:.

Engine mount perhaps. get the Authorised dealer to check it out lor.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. I just got the 2nd bravo t-jet auto. Left 2 years. Should i use the coolant? If yes, can i use those buy from shopping for Japanese car?

• Praise 1

Hi all. I just got the 2nd bravo t-jet auto. Left 2 years. Should i use the coolant? If yes, can i use those buy from shopping for Japanese car?

Would suggest to change. Brake fluids change it too..

Need to use the correct fluids to prevent aftermath.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone with these error code before...

P1120

P1121

What could be the problem...now car in shop. I can't seem to get it repaired..

Damn annoying...

Anyone with these error code before...

P1120

P1121

What could be the problem...now car in shop. I can't seem to get it repaired..

Damn annoying...

Car now can start can drive? Maybe you can get another opinion, go Prowerkz at Kaki Bukit Synergy #06-87. can diagnose and get accurate answer, rather than guessing what is the fault code about.

Hi guys, was searching for a new car in replacement for my current honda city for which the coe is expiring in Dec, and got an offer for a fiat bravo at what i think is a pretty decent price.

The car is a 2012 registered (but 2011 manufactured) bravo 1.4M multiair 16V turbo. Current owner is the first owner, and at the price i think we can deal at, the annual depre will come up to just under 6k.

I've read through most of the threads here and whilst most reviews are that the newer versions of fiat cars no longer are as unreliable as the reputation holds, there is also the underlying thought that 'it's an italian car and you've got to enjoy it'. Also most responses are from people who (then) had their cars for under 3 years. 

I wanted to ask please: - is anyone currently still driving a >5 year old Bravo? What problems have you come by and how much did they cost you to fix? Understand also that there are very limited servicing places here - are they expensive to service at given so? How is your FC? I generally am fairly light footed, getting about 13km/l on my city, at 60% highway.

The concern stems from the immediate past family car we had - a ford mondeo. All i can say about that was that it was safe; everything else from FC to reliability leaves much to be desired.

On a similar but separate note, been a long while since i drove a MT vehicle - i can still remember how to drive one, but generally is it a problem in SG?

Looking forward to hearing any advice / comments / discussion points!

• Praise 1

Hi guys, was searching for a new car in replacement for my current honda city for which the coe is expiring in Dec, and got an offer for a fiat bravo at what i think is a pretty decent price.

The car is a 2012 registered (but 2011 manufactured) bravo 1.4M multiair 16V turbo. Current owner is the first owner, and at the price i think we can deal at, the annual depre will come up to just under 6k.

I've read through most of the threads here and whilst most reviews are that the newer versions of fiat cars no longer are as unreliable as the reputation holds, there is also the underlying thought that 'it's an italian car and you've got to enjoy it'. Also most responses are from people who (then) had their cars for under 3 years.

I wanted to ask please: - is anyone currently still driving a >5 year old Bravo? What problems have you come by and how much did they cost you to fix? Understand also that there are very limited servicing places here - are they expensive to service at given so? How is your FC? I generally am fairly light footed, getting about 13km/l on my city, at 60% highway.

The concern stems from the immediate past family car we had - a ford mondeo. All i can say about that was that it was safe; everything else from FC to reliability leaves much to be desired.

On a similar but separate note, been a long while since i drove a MT vehicle - i can still remember how to drive one, but generally is it a problem in SG?

Looking forward to hearing any advice / comments / discussion points!

Gonna keep this post short as i forgot to save what I typed earlier and it went missing. Sigh.

Basically FC is good at 13km/l, really depending on the type of roads u drive on.

No major issues, only changed ac motor at 5.5 years mark. The car is not designed for sg but for the motor to survive until 5.5 years I think it's not too bad.

Metals used very solid, better than my Peugeot 308.

I made some mods to the car, including bov, headunit, bilstein b12 suspension, brakes and etc. Personally I feel the best upgrade is suspension as the steering is light and the suspension stiffens the car up. Handling is awesome now.

Downside, lousy resale value.

I always wanted a mini but I can't bear to let go of this little monster (tuned to about 178bhp). So most likely I'll stick to it until the car goes over the rainbow bridge in 2021.

↡ Advertisement