Fiat Bravo

Xiaobravo

Nope, mine's not remapped, and don't have plans to do it. I would imagine remapping is to achieve a higher bhp number, and I'm happy where I am in this respect. I know in one of the threads here one of the gent posted his with a 185 bhp if I'm not wrong. Very well maintained as well.

As regards the fogging, as mentioned earlier I think it's the air from the pillar vents that is cooling off the glass. Not sure why the others don't have this problem though. I'm on the verge of physically blocking off those vents with tape though. Also don't have a solution to the weak airflow from the side vents sadly.

@terrylmt / @actym , can I ask if you have the same issue with me at gear 2, i.e., power comes in late or only after a certain rev? Just wanted to confirm that it's a characteristic of the gearing in this particular transmission and not actually some issue. Haven't hit turbo revs also so don't think it's the lag, which I read should be minimal anyway?

As regards servicing - understand there's a few standard ones: alfa city, alfa sportivo, ienergi, prowerkz garage. The last one is where the ex owner of mine brought his to, haven't decided if I will continue.

↡ Advertisement

Nope, mine's not remapped, and don't have plans to do it. I would imagine remapping is to achieve a higher bhp number, and I'm happy where I am in this respect. I know in one of the threads here one of the gent posted his with a 185 bhp if I'm not wrong. Very well maintained as well.

As regards the fogging, as mentioned earlier I think it's the air from the pillar vents that is cooling off the glass. Not sure why the others don't have this problem though. I'm on the verge of physically blocking off those vents with tape though. Also don't have a solution to the weak airflow from the side vents sadly.

@terrylmt / @actym , can I ask if you have the same issue with me at gear 2, i.e., power comes in late or only after a certain rev? Just wanted to confirm that it's a characteristic of the gearing in this particular transmission and not actually some issue. Haven't hit turbo revs also so don't think it's the lag, which I read should be minimal anyway?

As regards servicing - understand there's a few standard ones: alfa city, alfa sportivo, ienergi, prowerkz garage. The last one is where the ex owner of mine brought his to, haven't decided if I will continue.

alfa sportivo --> good to search for parts, a bit ex

projex v2d --> price is good but usually very very busy

1. Yes, will go and do a simple gas top up and check. I hope nothing serious comes out of it. 

2/3. Does more power/noise comes with the 'standard' remap? I tried to mod my foot for a few days but it seems like the car doesnt like it! ;-) 

Of course it is a nice thing to have the car with 185nhp. It seems like a to-do thing for Bravo(?) 

Where is a good workshop to remap? And what is a ballpark figure for this service? 

What's your goal for remapping? For noise or for power? Two completely different things where one can be addressed by remap, and the other not so much.

I would recommend that you consider changing the FMIC if you really want to remap as well - even if it is the stock 185 map...

Neutral Newbie

What's your goal for remapping? For noise or for power? Two completely different things where one can be addressed by remap, and the other not so much.

I would recommend that you consider changing the FMIC if you really want to remap as well - even if it is the stock 185 map...

Both would be nice. Power would be primary and noise secondary. 

For changing FMIC, would the garage I go to remap have it in stock or would I have to get it myself?

What if I remap without changing the FMIC? 

With regards to the aircon, went for a check - aircon gas is full, compressor is working well and what not.  [confused]

Pillar Vents - If it gets too foggy/dangerous, I would probably insert some cotton wool inside. Not sure if it will help or not haha. I don't think duct think will work cos of the moisture? 

Gear 2 - Now that you mention - there is a slight lag than the other gears. Like a 1-1.5sec delay. 

1st & 2nd gear: power should come in around 2,500 -2,800 rpm

3rd gear: best gear as power comes in around 2,000 -2,200 rpm

Both would be nice. Power would be primary and noise secondary. 

For changing FMIC, would the garage I go to remap have it in stock or would I have to get it myself?

What if I remap without changing the FMIC? 

With regards to the aircon, went for a check - aircon gas is full, compressor is working well and what not.  [confused]

Remap without FMIC might not help you fully enjoy the power. Don't forget that the turbo in the Bravo is very small only, so over-boosting it is not ideal. You should check with the workshop that claims they can remap for you if they have all the parts. Also ensure that you have an exit strategy if the remap fails. Else you have to dole out more money for a new ECU.

Regarding AC, why not check if the aircon filter is clogged, or if any of the pipes are damaged/leaking? Didn't the workshop check it thoroughly?

Pillar Vents - If it gets too foggy/dangerous, I would probably insert some cotton wool inside. Not sure if it will help or not haha. I don't think duct think will work cos of the moisture? 

Gear 2 - Now that you mention - there is a slight lag than the other gears. Like a 1-1.5sec delay. 

On the vents at the base of the windscreen, the previous owner had actually pasted a whole strip of velcro down to block it out - so far its working fine. Problem with the pillar vents is that its not the same material and frankly will look quite fugly. haha.

1st & 2nd gear: power should come in around 2,500 -2,800 rpm

3rd gear: best gear as power comes in around 2,000 -2,200 rpm

For me power in gear 2 kicks in from about 2k, prior to that it's a strange feeling - like a complete dead zone; i step on the throttle and the response just completely lags. I thought it was a problem with my driving technique, allowing the revs to drop too much, but it doesn't seem to be so after actively observing what i was doing while driving today. But agree I quite like gear 3.

Neutral Newbie

Aircon vent fog up front window.. Thought must close off the vent then will not happen again...

I had similar issue with the fog problem... I fed up and just buy a long football banner to cover up.

Any better suggestions welcome

Neutral Newbie

Aircon vent fog up front window.. Thought must close off the vent then will not happen again...

I had similar issue with the fog problem... I fed up and just buy a long football banner to cover up.

Any better suggestions welcome

I think can go workshop and ask them to 'switch off' the side vents. 

Will try to see if it works next week. 

Neutral Newbie

hey there - just wondering if you did get it resolved?

Yup! Resolved liao. 

Quite a simple job but expensive :x

But safety comes first. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi bravo owners. Anyone can share if the smt version of the bravo t-jet costly to maintain?

My suggestion

Don't buy any conti car if ur pocket not deep..

The repair N replacement cost is damn expensive.. And worse hard to find.

My suggestion

R u driving a smt version nw? I am looking more at MT but limited, so am exploring the smt version.

Just want to know how reliable and cost to change the clutch and actuator etc.

Hi bravo owners. Anyone can share if the smt version of the bravo t-jet costly to maintain?

As an alfa owner, clutch about 1k, actuator about 3k, pump 1k. These r the 3 components. Minus 20 to 30 percent for fiat. Unlike a normal autobox, u can replace these independently. On the whole, still cheaper than a conti autobox

My suggestion

I normally buy online which is cheaper by quite a bit. Not hard to find but need to wait 2 weeks or so

↡ Advertisement