Fiat Bravo

Xiaobravo

Bravo maintainence is not cheap given all the feedback I gathered from owners of the vehicle.

my mechanic always tell me fiat parts are hard to get..and i do see some fiats lying at their workshop..awaiting arrival of parts [:p] ..best thing is..they are supplier for conti parts oops

↡ Advertisement

Erm....U are comparing a 1.4TC bravo to a 2.5TC rex?

I believe the old saying "no replacement for displacement"..

Isn't it common knowledge that the WRX has very short gear ratio? Even the final gear ratio is also comparatively short.

Neutral Newbie

This was done on the rex and getting to 220km/h takes a long time... the fastest i ever reached on the rex was 234kmh and it was a long straight downhill stretch. 188hp on wheels, fully stock except exhaust. torque was miscalculated during gear change.

as for the bravo, getting to 230kmh was easier probably due to the 6 speeder gear ratio?

Omg what did u put under the hood??

[;)]

At least the transmission is different for Mito. Mito is using DCT.

I just saw the new bravo specs... its only 140bhp. The current batch of dct mitos here are only the 135bhp lower specs version. The first batch of mitos were 155bhp manual. Well worth for a second hand buy , better value than the VW.

As for the altis, its also more reliable than the MRT

As u say u own a rex before. Bravo can close up a rex???

U must be joking!!! base rex top speed 240+. wat is Bravo top speed???

Paiseh to say but on north south highway, compared to italian, for extended periods above 180 km/h WRX really CMI one. but Evo different story. Was crusing behind one at 235km/h over extended periods

Paiseh to say but on north south highway, compared to italian, for extended periods above 180 km/h WRX really CMI one. but Evo different story. Was crusing behind one at 235km/h over extended periods

so which italian car u driving now?

Still my trusty Alfa 147 bro, after see COE go high high, de-mod to make the engine last long long... btw, my mileage is now 250K [:p]

Edited by Dissidence

Still my trusty Alfa 147 bro, after see COE go high high, de-mod to make the engine last long long... btw, my mileage is now 250K [:p]

looks like myths abt alfas unreliable is not true. lol!

Neutral Newbie

Has been driving fiat bravo t-jet manual since two years ago,after having driven souped up Wrx my03 model for seven years.other than automatic windows failing twice, the car is problem free.servicing cost is the same as normal jap car.pick up is no slouch for this mini engine.handling is great and fun to drive. After installing the tuning box,the car become a super hot hatch with strong g force,century sprint is achievable in less than 8sec.Power is no where near a souped up rex, but can give a stock one a scare. High speed cruising is more stable though. The bugger keeps pulling even at 6th gear.It has very strong body,encountered few minor accidents with jap cars,bravo only sustained some scratches and small dents,but the other parties needed to go for major repairs.

Many people might have negative opinions about tis make,but to me it is a great fun and reliable car as long as it is being kept in stock form . :D

Edited by Subatoyo

Has been driving fiat bravo t-jet manual since two years ago,after having driven souped up Wrx my03 model for seven years.other than automatic windows failing twice, the car is problem free.servicing cost is the same as normal jap car.pick up is no slouch for this mini engine.handling is great and fun to drive. After installing the tuning box,the car become a super hot hatch with strong g force,century sprint is achievable in less than 8sec.Power is no where near a souped up rex, but can give a stock one a scare. High speed cruising is more stable though. The bugger keeps pulling even at 6th gear.It has very strong body,encountered few minor accidents with jap cars,bravo only sustained some scratches and small dents,but the other parties needed to go for major repairs.

Many people might have negative opinions about tis make,but to me it is a great fun and reliable car as long as it is being kept in stock form . :D

yup, totally agree...i've owned the Bravo for 4years. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Isn't it common knowledge that the WRX has very short gear ratio? Even the final gear ratio is also comparatively short.

No,stock rex 5 speed has very wide ratio.sti euro spec is shorter but jdm sti is the shortest.