Sk65

dear all,

can any1 recommend places that sell good quality,

affordable window visor?

thanks

SK

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

There are many accessories shops doing this around VEERASAMY ROAD.

I went to Lian Siong to install window visors before many years ago. They use 3M double sided tape and an industrial heat blower on the visors to make sure it soften and matches the contours. It lasted on my previous car throughout the almost 10 years without problem. Using 3M double sided tape alone is not enough.

I find visors can trap a lot of dirt and grim. Some areas are hard to reach when cleaning. That's why never install anymore.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

Im driving a nissan sylphy, did my visor at VIM Motor at defu lane 10. Can google search the address. $45 only. pretty cheap. Mugen lookalike. No originals in most parts of SG now.

Turbocharged

Would appreciate views from those who have experienced using window visors: Are they very useful? One here has shared they actually trap dirt.

Would appreciate views from those who have experienced using window visors: Are they very useful? One here has shared they actually trap dirt.

Sometimes when it drizzles, I like to turn off my AC, open my windows about 2 inches just to enjoy the rain and breeze.

Turbocharged

In that case very limited use leh. And if after market fitted, use 3M tape? Rather prefer AD offer as option and do a proper fitment by glue.

In that case very limited use leh. And if after market fitted, use 3M tape? Rather prefer AD offer as option and do a proper fitment by glue.

Haha true, think can give a bit of shade also, and also open during wee hours.

I doubt there is fitment by glue (never see before, maybe I suaku), usually they use 3M tape, plus "clasp" or "clip" if the design allow.

Turbocharged

Shorttime eye survey this morning: Majority of cars do without visors. The rest which have visors I came across: Altis, Stream, Lancer, Avante, Matrix Vios.

Those flatter profile types look nicer than those bulky ones that jut out more.

----so I presume can buy+incl fix at autobacs? Just to keep info in the back of my mind.

Shorttime eye survey this morning: Majority of cars do without visors. The rest which have visors I came across: Altis, Stream, Lancer, Avante, Matrix Vios.

Those flatter profile types look nicer than those bulky ones that jut out more.

----so I presume can buy+incl fix at autobacs? Just to keep info in the back of my mind.

Flatter ones I think is look nice only, not much use.

Why don't you call Autobacs and ask them if they have the visor for your car model, then go down and just put it on your car with your hand to see if you want it?

Found another shop under sgcarmart that sells visors.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing...OM=window+visor

if you are keen to get a visor - get a bigger piece type so that is more useful especially during drizzling and way up genting highland.

Just my remarks.

Hypersonic

For those looking for visors for their Japanese cars, I saw a lot at Kam Auto. Google for them.

They are at Syed Alwi road.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

let me share my experience. like 1 bro here said, rain and you dont want to switch on ac. also when waiting and you dont want to keep engine running. when you park under the sun, leave a small gap, car is cooler when you return.

slim type is nice but you need to power down window when you watch your car. auto wash people will simply force and the visors will dislodge after sometimes.

so, i woukd still install for the pros.

↡ Advertisement