SingTel customers complain of wrong additional charges......

Deckbuild

SingTel customers complain of wrong additional charges in telephone bills

SINGAPORE: Some customers of telco SingTel have complained of wrong additional charges in their telephone bills.

One SingTel customer said her husband received more than 10 charges for a premium rate service she did not subscribe to.

Premium rate services are available to all mobile users, and include services like games and quizzes.

Each charge was S$4 to S$8. The total charges came up to S$64.

The charges are from a third

Edited by Deckbuild
↡ Advertisement

Already boycott them since more than 10 years ago. Recently, helped my father call them to activate new SIM card because old one lost, they tell me must wait 48 hours ... after "negotiation" asking them they take plane or take bus, they say, can do in 2 hours.. so steady service.

I boycott them as well, no matter how bad SH reception is, I still won't go to ST.... Very bad experience with them :angry:

My dad have been using ST for 10 over years will be switching side soon due to some bloody service from them as well

Singtel cb lor.. sell our data to these companies..

Actually I believe all telco did the same thing lah, but it depends on how they solve their dispute, ST manage their dispute really badly....

Neutral Newbie

They even charging the customer $30 for the nano SIM card replacement when u purchase the IP5. Best part is they did not inform me abt this extra charges until I found out from my monthly statement. $30 for an empty SIM card is really farking expensive. Dunno how much can they earn from only these SIM card charges alone.

Singtel have 6mths bonus ... That's explained why they can pay their staffs such bonus every year...

How else can the CEO get 4.5 m last year when her fixed pay is only 1.5m? [laugh]

Supercharged

I boycott them as well, no matter how bad SH reception is, I still won't go to ST.... Very bad experience with them :angry:

My dad have been using ST for 10 over years will be switching side soon due to some bloody service from them as well

M1 is still the BEST.............. [scholar]

Actually I believe all telco did the same thing lah, but it depends on how they solve their dispute, ST manage their dispute really badly....

Agreed, but I believe that's because 99% of Stinktel's call centers are outsourced to some third world country -_-

They even charging the customer $30 for the nano SIM card replacement when u purchase the IP5. Best part is they did not inform me abt this extra charges until I found out from my monthly statement. $30 for an empty SIM card is really farking expensive. Dunno how much can they earn from only these SIM card charges alone.

M1 also got charge. I'm sure Starhub also have. But the person who serve me offset it using my royalty reward and sunperk points, end up paying a lot less. It depends on the person serving you I guess. You should try calling to see anyway to offset the fee or simply just call to comprain and see whether they give you some vouchers. :D

I called to kpkb right after I found out that micro SIM is chargeable upon recontracting with them. So far so good, haven't seen the charge for micro SIM yet.

Agreed, but I believe that's because 99% of Stinktel's call centers are outsourced to some third world country -_-

not true. some backend processing is done in bolehland but still under ST. call centre wise, all in Singapore but partially outsourced to a third party company.

not true. some backend processing is done in bolehland but still under ST. call centre wise, all in Singapore but partially outsourced to a third party company.

I got calls from Stinktel before, and the fella on the other line told me she was calling from pinoyland. Explain that.. [laugh]

I got calls from Stinktel before, and the fella on the other line told me she was calling from pinoyland. Explain that.. [laugh]

really? I am surprised. I worked briefly in the said outsource company during my uni holidays and to my knowledge no call centres overseas.

really? I am surprised. I worked briefly in the said outsource company during my uni holidays and to my knowledge no call centres overseas.

when i called mio and internet.. they told be based in KL

Yes, the fella called to tell me about some ongoing promotion. Annoyed by the accent, I asked where she was calling from. The answer left me amazed. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement