How old for infant to be able to sit face front in car?

Tweakmax2

just attended a road safety presentation by TP.

the advise is NEVER put young kids in the front.

His question is face front, not sit in front.

To TS, when their neck is strong enough, should be ok.

Mine face front at around 1.5 years old

check the specs of the child seat.. should state the max weight or height recommended for rear facing, so once u reached the limit, time to face the front.

Anyone knows?

the car seat will have a height limit or when u change the shoulder strap to a certain position, u have to change front facing.

Rear facing usually have a weight limit roughly around 12kg for most car seats.

General rule is <1 year old definitely rear facing. > 1 yr old then front facing.

Turbocharged

Think those rear facing infant carriers have a weight rating.

When about to reach the max weight rating, it sold be ok to change.

Some will advocate to be rear facing till much older,

Even for forward facing, shld recline the position to more lying down then sitting up.

As the kid gets older, can sit more upright.

just attended a road safety presentation by TP.

the advise is NEVER put young kids in the front.

On your post, I notice that a lot of parents put their child seats in the front passenger seat. Really ignorant move.

it depend o the type of car seat.

some suggested to have certain weight, if not wrong it is 8kg.

mine is using Britax, it stated that as long your child is able to "sit up" stable from lying down or any position, without assist. and/or the child is 9kg

On your post, I notice that a lot of parents put their child seats in the front passenger seat. Really ignorant move.

It depends on type of car, cars with no airbags or with airbags that can be switched off are actually ok.

Neutral Newbie

my one 4 yrs old still backfacing

Bro,4 years old can let your child face forward liao....more things to see also.Mine face forward before he was 1 year old.

all things being equal, back facing is always going to be safer than front facing. main concern is whiplash and there is no whiplash for back facing. with that in mind, it's just how kiasi you want to be when it comes to your kids.

all things being equal, back facing is always going to be safer than front facing. main concern is whiplash and there is no whiplash for back facing. with that in mind, it's just how kiasi you want to be when it comes to your kids.

Yes, thats why four years old still can backfacing, until the day leg space doesnt permit

Neutral Newbie

What is the concern for baby seat to be placed in front?

Note the air bag will cause injury but if face back, the baby seat will protect the baby rite ?

It's quite troublesome to place baby behind if u drive alone, can't attend to baby when driving .

Note the air bag will cause injury but if face back, the baby seat will protect the baby rite ?

It's quite troublesome to place baby behind if u drive alone, can't attend to baby when driving .

Do u know the impact of airbag? Gun powder bro. My fren kenah accident, no injury but hair kenah burn. By gunpowder. What i am saying is the impact is damn big. U are toking abt split second explosion. If back facing child seat, it will probably blow right into the back of the child seat, making it "fly up" and not sure what will happen to the baby.

If face back still ok, if face front, the airbag impact will kill the baby..

↡ Advertisement