re upholstering of sofa

Hamburger

anyone tried this on their sofa?? Price and worthwhile? provided the sofa is still in good condition except for some tear and dryness.

And also, like car, change colour to have a bit of new taste :wub:

↡ Advertisement

I use those wood and cushion type, can change the fabric layer, just order to change one for coming new year (after 2 years) $450 [:(] [:(]

I use those wood and cushion type, can change the fabric layer, just order to change one for coming new year (after 2 years) $450 [:(] [:(]

wah lau....change cushion cover also so ex....silk?? [laugh]

wah lau....change cushion cover also so ex....silk?? [laugh]

never thought of that!! i was still joking to the sales person that the cost can buy another sofa :wacko: :wacko:

not silk lah, silk cannot tahan even with tiny scratches.

We do regular cleaning & maintenance.

About once every 2-3 weeks, damp wet cloth clean + conditioner.

Like mine.....10 years still the sofa looks good.

I think you didnt do that........ [lipsrsealed][laugh]

We do regular cleaning & maintenance.

About once every 2-3 weeks, damp wet cloth clean + conditioner.

Like mine.....10 years still the sofa looks good.

I think you didnt do that........ [lipsrsealed][laugh]

i used a sofa cleaner for leather few years ago, end up the sofa lost its luster and cracked a year later <_<

no more leather cleaner, maybe too strong :angry:

lets say if a new set cost 2k and re upholster it cost slightly less than half, good to go?

get a fabric type, can change pattern very year or two base on Fengshui master advice, if your sofa current color crash in 2013 [laugh]

leather you stick to it for years, forever if you maintain it too well [laugh] [laugh]

i rem asking a 1 or 2 shops at bedok industrial park... those with multi storey de... i rem not that ex.... i think price depends on materials and if you need additonal or new sponge

please elaborate the disappointment leh...the cost too [;)]

i fergot the costs, i think 800+ thereabouts. (For 1x 3 seat sofa, no measuring involved because we provided them the original upholstery, just copy only)

disappointments? delay after delay after delay after delay, then when finally get the covers, fitment all wrong, ask them to make with leeway and extra length, end product came back smaller then the samples we provided. had to send back 2-3 times to rectify. too much trouble, too much hassle, zero customer service. end up take over 3 months to get it done and still not done properly.

Edited by Mockngbrd

i fergot the costs, i think 800+ thereabouts. (For 1x 3 seat sofa, no measuring involved because we provided them the original upholstery, just copy only)

disappointments? delay after delay after delay after delay, then when finally get the covers, fitment all wrong, ask them to make with leeway and extra length, end product came back smaller then the samples we provided. had to send back 2-3 times to rectify. too much trouble, too much hassle, zero customer service. end up take over 3 months to get it done and still not done properly.

you mean they dont bring back the sofa to factory to retrofit?? paisey if it sounds like a stupid question.

you mean they dont bring back the sofa to factory to retrofit?? paisey if it sounds like a stupid question.

no, because our original sofa the covers are removable, so we just passed it to them to do a 1-1 copy with the only instruction being, make the covers larger because our old one shrunk due to improper washing. in the end came back smaller...

no, because our original sofa the covers are removable, so we just passed it to them to do a 1-1 copy with the only instruction being, make the covers larger because our old one shrunk due to improper washing. in the end came back smaller...

oic............frankly i am beginning to have 2nd thought [:(]

my FIL reupholster his sofa, 3 + 1 + 1 can recline kind..tink cost him 3-4k..

he never maintain kind..now start to crack again in 1-2 years.. [crazy]

expensive sia.....i believe even without maintenance it should not have cracked so quickly.

dubious quality????

oic............frankly i am beginning to have 2nd thought [:(]

if u ask me now, i would just buy a new one and save all the hassle. Redo old one, ur frame inside u also dunno the condition.

↡ Advertisement