Blind spot mirrors

LookingBusy

Hi all, anyone using this as shown in the picture? Am thinking of getting a pair for my car particularly for my left side mirror, as my right side i can just tilt my head and take a glance quickly. Left side abit difficult as i will need to turn my head entirely to check for blind spot. I suppose Autobacs have it. Any particular brand/type to recommend? How do we 'attach' this blind spot mirror onto the side mirror by the way?

47352d1262293797-blind-spot-mirrors-mirr

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, anyone using this as shown in the picture? Am thinking of getting a pair for my car particularly for my left side mirror, as my right side i can just tilt my head and take a glance quickly. Left side abit difficult as i will need to turn my head entirely to check for blind spot. I suppose Autobacs have it. Any particular brand/type to recommend? How do we 'attach' this blind spot mirror onto the side mirror by the way?

this is so taxi uncle looking :D

Supercharged

There are those clip-on type, very easy to mount it on. I saw it in Giant. Some have 2 mirrors, one is showing the ground, another is the blind spot.

But I just wonder if put on will it increase the FC when the mirror increases the wind drag on our vehicle?

Damn ugly looking and yes, damn taxi looking. Get a wide rear view mirror to eliminate the left blind spot better.

Errr, if you need to turn head fully to check left hand blind spot means your existing left mirror is not adjusted correctly, or you are unable to judge using your left side mirror at whats on your left or you are not glancing frequent enough at all your mirrors.

I suggest what you can do is, while travelling on the road, take constant glance at your rear view mirror, as well as your left mirror. When there's a car passing on your left, check WHEN does the car starts to disappear completely at your left side mirror. Once it disappear, then u check your blind spot at where the car is, from there you can form a habit to judge how much you should check your left side blind spot.

Do take note that difference cars have different length when you using this method, also take note it's a safe habit to take constant glance on all mirror while on the road.

I find it easier and more accurate to turn my head to check my blind spot than using the mirror, I have those round type blind spot mirror but I never use it at all cos I find it too small and hard to focus on it lol.

i used to have those round type paste on my side mirrors. but rather then use it for blind spot, i adjust it to show the ground for easier parking :D

I find it dangerous to rely on blind spot mirrors. How hard is it to turn head and check?

Having a wider rear view mirror is more useful.

Edited by Baphomet

i notice many sonata taxi put this. SOP items from comfort??

or is the angle not wide enough??? Maybe sonata drivers can help to input???

My previous Matrix, the mirror is so huge that I don't need to turn head to check blind spot at all, need to set it at the correct angle. Current car must turn head slightly to check.

Adjust the mirror so that you don't see too much of your car body, it helps greatly.

Supercharged

Pls don't spoil the look of your car.

Maybe you didnt adjust the side mirrors properly. The proper way of adjusting the side mirror is to position yr head to the centre of the car cabin (above your handbrake). Then you adjust the side mirror. This will prevent blind spots.

Then get a wider rear view mirror (those clip on type).

Turbocharged

i got stick round one on to see my rear wheels.. in case kenna kerb during parking.

during lane filtering, still got to turn and look.. the round mirror is too small to make anything out of it.

(edited)

Okay, i have decided and bought a pair of those round blind spot mirror that can be pasted onto the side mirrors from NTUC Xtra this afternoon. Anyone can advise me whether it's better to paste the blind spot mirrors inner/outer and top/bottom? I am thinking of inner bottom. Please advise [:)]

Blind-Spot-Wide-Angle-View-Round-Mirror-For-Car-LP-912--SZC2387-_wfysyo1271732957959.jpg

Edited by LookingBusy

Okay, i have decided and bought a pair of those round blind spot mirror that can be pasted onto the side mirrors from NTUC Xtra this afternoon. Anyone can advise me whether it's better to paste the blind spot mirrors inner/outer and top/bottom? I am thinking of inner bottom. Please advise [:)]

i paste outer bottom.

I paste outter bottom

Are the mirrors able to rotate 360? If not, get those so that whoever takes over the driver seat can adjust to their angle.

this is so taxi uncle looking :D

Other than taxi uncle look, this will also add addtion wind noise from the mirror when traveling fast.

↡ Advertisement