Replacing rear view mirror

Newdrive

Hi guys,

How do you change the rear view mirror (pre FL vios)?

I bought this rear view mirror + camera... currently it works by piggy back on the existing rear view mirror (its also smaller and not as wide anyway)... but whenever its a hot day... the mirror will start to drop downwards due to the weight of this piggy backed rear view mirror + camera.

2ekj0au.jpg

So I thought of replacing the existing rear view mirror with this piggy back rear view mirror + camera... but problem is I cannot figure out how to replace... besides... there is no latch or anything behind this rear view mirror + camera to stick to the windscreen...

any advise will be appreciated!

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

How do you change the rear view mirror (pre FL vios)?

I bought this rear view mirror + camera... currently it works by piggy back on the existing rear view mirror (its also smaller and not as wide anyway)... but whenever its a hot day... the mirror will stop to drop downwards due to the weight of this piggy backed rear view mirror + camera.

So I thought of replacing the existing rear view mirror with this piggy back rear view mirror + camera... but problem is I cannot figure out how to replace... besides... there is no latch or anything behind this rear view mirror + camera to stick to the windscreen...

any advise will be appreciated!

It's a clip on. Nothing you can do.

It's a clip on. Nothing you can do.

hmm clip on then no way?

i am thinking... how about using those hp holder to hold then stick to the windscreen? but dunno can last or not cos dun want drive halfway drop off!

hmm clip on then no way?

i am thinking... how about using those hp holder to hold then stick to the windscreen? but dunno can last or not cos dun want drive halfway drop off!

If you refering to those suction cup with reinforce type, forget about it, because once got pocket of air in it, sun and rain will cause it to fall off over short period of time.

hmm clip on then no way?

I bookmark first, reply you tonight....

your office pc cant see certain images and streaming videos right? [;)]

Not me leh, TS cannot, he always replies "book marked, will see tonight" just repeated for him leh!

The easier solution is to use blue-tac and stick on the ball-joint of the rear-view mirror. The permanent solution is to use super glue and glue the ball-joint of the rear-view mirror but other drivers cannot adjust the rear-view mirror to their eye sight already lah.

I dont need to bookmark this thread as I can read it on my PC, laptop or mobile. [laugh]

Not me leh, TS cannot, he always replies "book marked, will see tonight" just repeated for him leh!

<_< cos my office pc cannot see video mah thats why i posted that.

Supercharged

I bought this rear view mirror + camera... currently it works by piggy back on the existing rear view mirror (its also smaller and not as wide anyway)... but whenever its a hot day... the mirror will start to drop downwards due to the weight of this piggy backed rear view mirror + camera.

It rides piggy back using a clip-on right? If so how can it drop downwards when the weather is hot?

Btw, how much did you buy this rear view mirror + camera ?

Suggestions :

1. use transparent plastic cable ties. I am not joking.

2. use narrow-width scotch tape.

3. use twist-wire to tension the "latch clips" onto the original mirror.

(edited)

It rides piggy back using a clip-on right? If so how can it drop downwards when the weather is hot?

Btw, how much did you buy this rear view mirror + camera ?

cos of its weight... my existing mirror is small by 3/4. and the handle (the ball bearing) that holds this mirror + piggyback mirror get loosen when weather is hot.

bought from Aliexpress... + 32G SD card... about $105 sgd.

Edited by Newdrive

Suggestions :

1. use transparent plastic cable ties. I am not joking.

2. use narrow-width scotch tape.

3. use twist-wire to tension the "latch clips" onto the original mirror.

1. I thought of this... in the event cannot use this as mirror + cam as the main mirror.

thanks!

Supercharged

cos of its weight... my existing mirror is small by 3/4. and the handle (the ball bearing) that holds this mirror + piggyback mirror get loosen when weather is hot.

Perhaps there is some tightening to do to make it firmer. Look at your stock rear view mirror and see any screw or nut that can tighten....

bought from Aliexpress... + 32G SD card... about $105 sgd.

Remove your stock mirror from the ball joint and see if there's any screw to tighten the joint.

↡ Advertisement