Singpost courier dishonesty with incredibly lousy service

Cerano

A few days back I had a registered article being sent to me via singpost. So i called in on the friday evening at roughly 4pm and was told item was out for delivery with courier should arrive anytime before 6.

So i sent a family member to wait at the door in case the courier arrived with the door open. Waited and waited but courier never came.

I later checked the letterbox downstairs and found the registered article slip.

This meant the lazy courier didnt even bother coming up and just chose to throw the slip into the letterbox. Standard practice to prove that they did come up to deliver at your door is by slipping under your door step. Not in your letterbox.

I understand that this has occured to many and not myself and there are many complaints made but no action has been taken by singpost.

In the end i had to go down to the post office the next day which was already overwhelmed with people and orders.

Poor counter aunty had to do so much more work because of a lazy courier. Imagine this multiplied by so many cases.

Edited by Cerano
↡ Advertisement

Recently I went to post office to collect my registered mail. Guess what, I don't have to queue. I was ushered to a nice seat and a chio mei mei started talking to me on insurance while the singpost staff go in to retrieve my mail.

Since when singpost starts selling insurance? I told the mei mei straight in the face that I am here to collect my mail and not talk about insurance coverage. And I gave the singpost staff a piece of my mind too.

Post office sells stationary, hampers, abalone, electrical appliances..... What's next? Confin and columbarium niche!!

I have a few times that they send the tgs but i'm not around. I just called them and ask them to send again at the specific time range that i'm around or i ask my family member to wait. So far so good.

No as in they didnt even come up to knock or deliver. Simply chucked the delivery notice in letterbox downstairs and make me arrange for redelivery or self collection

Similar thing happened to me, but in my case there was no failed delivery slip left at all. My package was shipped from US via USPS so I could track the status all the way from US to Singapore. After noting that the status suddenly changed to "receipient request self collect from post office" without any such request being made from my side, I called Singpost customer service and was told that someone tried to deliver it to me at night, and there was no-one at home so it was now at the post office and I had to pick it up myself. If I wanted it to be delivered again, it would be an additional $10 charge - apparently they do not make free repeat deliveries anymore. If I wanted it sent to another post office nearer to me, I also had to pay $10.

I told Singpost that the whole family was home at that time and no one came to deliver anything that night. Also, I argued that if there was a failed delivery, where was the failed delivery slip that should have been left. It was like talking to a wall, the FT customer service just kept repeating like a broken record that I had to pay $10 because it was their policy.

I had to call several more times over a week, each time demanding to speak to a manager, who in the end was another FT. And then suddenly the story became that the courier claimed he had "no access" to my letterbox so could not leave a failed delivery notice. Really ?? My place is a house, and the road outside is a public access road. What kind of dumb excuse is that ?

In the end after much argument the manager agreed to make a free redelivery "out of goodwill" and kept reminding me that next time I will have to pay. Absolutely refused to admit any mistake on their part.

Singpost customer service and reliability sucks !

A few days back I had a registered article being sent to me via singpost. So i called in on the friday evening at roughly 4pm and was told item was out for delivery with courier should arrive anytime before 6.

So i sent a family member to wait at the door in case the courier arrived with the door open. Waited and waited but courier never came.

I later checked the letterbox downstairs and found the registered article slip.

This meant the lazy courier didnt even bother coming up and just chose to throw the slip into the letterbox. Standard practice to prove that they did come up to deliver at your door is by slipping under your door step. Not in your letterbox.

I understand that this has occured to many and not myself and there are many complaints made but no action has been taken by singpost.

In the end i had to go down to the post office the next day which was already overwhelmed with people and orders.

Poor counter aunty had to do so much more work because of a lazy courier. Imagine this multiplied by so many cases.

Singpost is screwed up and is filled with cretins.

I ordered a package from the states last year. When it reaches Singapore, it usually takes 3 days to clear customs.

I waited 2 weeks for my package to arrive. I wasted lots of time calling these imbeciles over and over again before i finally got my item.

The supposed managers are morons who probably do not have much education and only know how to utter the phrase "i understand".

Turns out they actually misplaced my item in their warehouse. Idiots.

I had to threaten to make them compensate me before they actually did something. Oh well without these morons, who will keep unemployment rates down?

you can call him lazy, eat snake, etc but not dishonest, he didn't still your parcel.

But claims he made a delivery when he dodnt?

Neutral Newbie

When Singpost is running by the local so called lousy ppl, the standard is above average. So, the top management make the decision to give better services, they bring in the FT which are all superb talented. That's why we have been served better than before.

Notice that most of the tele customer service centre have been shifted to banana land.

Singpost is screwed up and is filled with cretins.

I ordered a package from the states last year. When it reaches Singapore, it usually takes 3 days to clear customs.

I waited 2 weeks for my package to arrive. I wasted lots of time calling these imbeciles over and over again before i finally got my item.

The supposed managers are morons who probably do not have much education and only know how to utter the phrase "i understand".

Turns out they actually misplaced my item in their warehouse. Idiots.

I had to threaten to make them compensate me before they actually did something. Oh well without these morons, who will keep unemployment rates down?

Singpost just recently recruited a big shot partner from Mck to head the operations.....supposedly to be the "gamechanger" in their business le...be patient mah....

Recently I went to post office to collect my registered mail. Guess what, I don't have to queue. I was ushered to a nice seat and a chio mei mei started talking to me on insurance while the singpost staff go in to retrieve my mail.

Since when singpost starts selling insurance? I told the mei mei straight in the face that I am here to collect my mail and not talk about insurance coverage. And I gave the singpost staff a piece of my mind too.

Post office sells stationary, hampers, abalone, electrical appliances..... What's next? Confin and columbarium niche!!

"sir, want special service?" [lipsrsealed][laugh]

The postman for my block only comes once every 2-3 days.

I know this because there are many days when I receive no letters at all! On average, we get 5 letters per day so what are the odds?

↡ Advertisement