ALPINE High Resolution Display BUT Low Resolution Driver ?!!

Sailor

Hi all,

There's something that simply baffled me.

I have a ALPINE ICS-X8 (7' Head Unit) that is able to display resolution up to 800x480. I have also installed add-on GPS (RoadNavi with Papago Map). Unfortunately, the add-on GPS map resolution is so lousy (480x234) and the map display is not sharp. Upon query, they replied that they use Low Resolution Driver for GPS input to the Alpine Head-Unit..... Tried googling but couldn't find any answer.......

Is there really such thing, i.e. High resolution Head Unit but uses Low resolution driver for GPS input ??!!! In another words, as long as I have this Alpine Head Unit, I will continue to have a low resolution GPS display regardless of the add-on unit ?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Not exactly bang table but I asked the map provider for help and they actually tried using "800x480" map but was unsuccessful .... End up using back 480x234 map on a 7" screen .... after which they just claim that Alpine is using low-resolution driver for GPS Add-On.

Is there really such a thing ??!!! :wacko:

This is map problem. Go bang table with your map provider.

Not exactly bang table but I asked the map provider for help and they actually tried using "800x480" map but was unsuccessful .... End up using back 480x234 map on a 7" screen .... after which they just claim that Alpine is using low-resolution driver for GPS Add-On.

Is there really such a thing ??!!! :wacko:

That's weird leh... but I still think it's a map problem. Most likely being the hardware unable to mate with the maps properly. Have you tried checking with local Alpine dealer or even the local agent office?

Did check with them but they are none the wiser. Instead, they told me that they are using low driver resolution for add-on GPS..... I tried googling it to verify their info but can't seems to find any info. on it...... so hence trying my luck here to see if anyone has any info. on it.

That's weird leh... but I still think it's a map problem. Most likely being the hardware unable to mate with the maps properly. Have you tried checking with local Alpine dealer or even the local agent office?

Did check with them but they are none the wiser. Instead, they told me that they are using low driver resolution for add-on GPS..... I tried googling it to verify their info but can't seems to find any info. on it...... so hence trying my luck here to see if anyone has any info. on it.

Huh.. farked up leh.. think you should check with Alpine US or Japan.. they may have more technical people to advise you.

↡ Advertisement