2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Revealed

Aspri

Cannot afford lah my friend! sweatdrop.gif

No lar, my response is to the following sentence: -

Guess they all pass IS and go straight to GS/ES/RX?

You miss out the other 2 category mar.. [thumbsup]

Now maybe cannot afford but in time to time, hard to say.. [sly]

Good luck

↡ Advertisement

Maybe you can try out other conti makes like Saab (are you driving one now since you had it on your avatar), VW, Audi or Opel. Handling, look and performance is also quite good.

Ya, agree. [thumbsup]

Must test it out to understand the drive.

To add to the altezza part, I understand that there's some difference between it and IS200 on their spec. It's not just a difference in their name.

Cheers

Altezza has a 4 pot Yamaha engine whereas the IS has an inline 6.

Difference is refinement and power. Altezza's engine is more raw and that car is definitely faster.

Ya, that's the part on the inline 6 and 4 pot.

Thanks for pointing it out [thumbsup] .

So in short, one is more for executive look while the other is for [sly]

I think the problem with the IS200 in the 2nd hand market is that it kept its value a little bit too well. I think they are currently being overpriced at the moment but there have been few takers (I think).

Hopefully, I will be able to pick up a good deal along the way somehow. Otherwise, there's always other makes. sly.gif

If I wanted to get it new, I may as well wait for IS250. I didn't quite remember the build of the IS200 but perhaps I will take a closer look at it again.

Again, it doesn't say much about Lexus when you have a Toyota branded rear windscreen on IS200. laugh.gif

Seriously comtemplating a Saab at one point in time. 93. But I think the maintenance will kill me before the speed does. :D

I am also considering Opel Astra. Been a big fan of Audi at one point in time but I am put off by the cutthroat prices. Other choice is the Fiat Stilo which has impressed me quite a bit!

Erm, maintenance is not really that ex lar. Maybe in the olden days but I think the gap have close up quite a bit. 95 would be a better choice but the insurance as Saab is using LPT. Anything with turbo means more ex insurance [sweatdrop]

If you are considering the new Astra, better do it now as I have news from my SE that the next shipment will be downspec, then it's not really worth liao. but it's going to be more affordable also with the downspec.

No need MS version. The normal clutchless manual version already very power. Very unFiatish if you ask me. Anyway, it's definitely in my consideration list. wink.gif

I am also considering Opel Astra.

Actually I was asking you to consider the Vectra since you are looking for a 2L sedan. Anyway, I think there's only one vectra left at AE when my friend went to test drove it last week. Wait for the F/L if you are keen.

But shop around for a used IS200 also as it might be more value for money but no harm having more consideration since we are not buying fish in a market. [thumbsup]

Cheers

I kinda like 93's shape better than 95 although I believe only the 95 can be considered a real Saab. I love the car to bits but I think overall maintenance and running cost is going to be high.

Any idea what downspecs are there going to be? That's a bit unusual as they usually add to the spec of the car not the other way around. I'm also scouting for a 2nd hand one in the coming months but they are far and few. Guess the Astra owners are really happy with their cars.

Yeah I actually typed Astra/Vectra but thought again as the f/l version is coming. It's a nice car and definitely not common on the streets. Are you saying that they are left with one unit and I can have any color I want as long as it's silver?

Shop shop shop. I always end up having an argument with the 2nd hand car dealers because they just want to make some profits off the customers with unrealistic prices and excuses about some silly hidden charges. They will give you discount on one hand and then take away some from other places. Do they think all their customers are dumb?

I think get a new one would be better as those that are letting go are from the 1st few batches and it could be a bit problematic. Anyway, it's my own guess, no proof. So far, i think only 1 was put up for resale and was sold.

They are reducing the rim to 15" and taking away the ESP and Hill start assist (HSA). These are the major differences, not too sure of the details but if you are keen, i can recommend you my SE. PM me if you are keen.

That's the "excitment" of going for used car lar. Must do your sum correctly in order not to appear like a carrot.

Yup, as long as it's lightning silver. But i think it will be gone quite soon if my friend got approval from his fortune teller. [laugh]

So you have actually went and see it liao har [:)]

No need to see also can guess it's silver lah. That's got to be the world's more boring color on a car!

Anyway, it's quite difficult to make me a carrot head unless the salesman is really that good. Most of the time, they just think I'm super KL and not sincere. Earn my money really not easy siah. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement