2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Revealed

Aspri

But the IS200 cannot compare to Altezza in terms of engine(dual VVTi)/power

(200ps)/transmission (6MT or 5AT)/weight(less noise insulation).

BM made the mistake of bring in the lower spec IS unlike the UK which has the RS200 spec version.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... Altezza comes in 2 flavours. The I4 3S-GE RS and the I6 1G-FE AS.

The Lexus IS200 in SGP adopts the I6 1G-FE. Overseas, there's a more interesting IS300 which borrows the engine from a GS300, an I6 2JZ-GE.

So why compare an Altezza RS with an IS200? The IS200 is essentially an upmarket AS200.

Completely different you know. [:/]

(edited)

I an not actually comparing but rather stating the difference.

Want NVH, get the IS, for everything else, the RS is better.

I think most Altezza in Singapore are RS200 ... if they want a AS200, most will get the Lexus from BM. Price wise, I think the BM's IS200 and the PI RS200 got fight ... the Altezza might cost a little more especially the Z or L edition.

Edited by EventH

Neutral Newbie

Just sent the IS200 for the 3rd Year Vicom inspection - it's a problem-free car; top quality built unlike the Thai-made Vios, Altis & the Camrys. (don't call it rebadge Toyota)

1) Consumption: getting roughly 11 l/km (50% PIE)

2) Extremely reliable car, problem-free, due perhaps to the regular servicing from Lexus. (Lexus owners are accorded VIP treatment separate from Toyota owners).

3) A bit slow on the pick-up (11.5 sec -> 100kph) but exceptionally quiet on the cruise or idling. For the price I paid, shd have got xenon and 5-speed auto.

4) No intention of selling yet.

5) Service the car at Lexus; it's not as expensive as you think.

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread. Dig it out cos I need to do maintenace for my IS200. Previously did the 100K servicing in BM. Cost very high.

Now another 10 k liao so would like to do in outside workshop. Any IS200 owner can recommend reliable and good workshop? As long as the price is reasonable one is ok lar.

Thanks in advance! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

No one seems to comment on the noise level so well known of Lexus. Is the IS200 a quiet car?

Thanks bro!

I know about this web site. But I saw this thread very relevent so use this thread again. I would expect from here the respond would be faster but... [shakehead]

Any bro from here can advice further? Tks!

2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-front-three-qu

2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-front-three-qu

2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-rear-three-qua

2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-rear-view-1024

2014-Lexus-IS-350-F-Sport-interior-view-

Lexus IS is one of the Singapore best selling compact executive car , will this new IS stand up again?

Under the hood, three different engines will be available. The IS 250 could be equipped with a 2.5-liter V6 engine that develops more than 200 bhp (149 kW), while the IS 350 could use a 3.5-liter V6 with roughly 300 bhp (224 kW). There will also be an IS 300h which is slated to feature a hybridized 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with approximately 240 hp (179 kW).

The 2014 Lexus IS will be unveiled on January 15th

Edited by HyperTonic

Neutral Newbie

OMFG...those headlights and LED are hideous...

The double fold dash trim is also weird... Speedo cluster looks nice

Ugly. It is like a gs that was resized into the dimensions of a volvo s60.

Interior is really ackward.

Black plastic diffusor can mean either sporty or cheap. This is cheap.

Whats' up with the gap at the wheel arc? Trying to compete with suv to see who has the higher ride height?

Back is good

Side is good

Front is no good. Hate the disproportionate hour glass grill! too big for the car size

Dash board design looks cheap!

I like the old GS and IS over current ones!