IPhone 5 help needed!!!

Icebrush79

Hi folks,

Urgent help needed. Just got my new iPhone 5 and I can't seem to fully sync my contacts and lotus notes account (from my old 3GS).

Did the backup from my old phone so many times and each time the transfer is done, there are missing contacts in my new iP5 [:(]

Any experts can help out here??

There no iCloud for bloody 3GS, that's all I know, yes i'm a tech idiot, iphone idiot too.

Is there any way to fully transfer my contacts over? Is purchasing those 3rd party "data transfer" software the only solution?? please advise if you can, I really would appreciate any useful info.

Cheers [:(]:wacko:

↡ Advertisement

Sync the old phone contacts to gmail. Sync from gmail to your new phone. You can google for more instructions

Thks!! I'll prolly try that tmr, super shagged now!!

Turbocharged

Use itunes to do a carbon copy of your iphone 3GS to iphone 5. That's how I did with all my iphones from 3GS-4-4S-5.

Download the latest itunes, plug the old 3GS into the computer, on itunes do a backup of the 3GS, unplug, then plug in your new iphone 5, choose "restore". Everything will be transferred to the new iphone.

if you have no problem to sync your 3GS with iTunes, there shouldn't be any problem with the 5 as itune is the base.

if hardly sync your phone with itune, then sync to your google account.

I think most likely it has to do with your iTunes settings. I believe you are able to "Sync Contacts with" a number of options.

Do a search in the Apple website. A lot of useful info there.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

There is a free App that can do the transfer if you find Itunes is troublesome.

Download the App IDrive Lite on your S3 and sign up for an account to transfer your contacts.

Download the App on your Iphone to sign up the account and retrieve the contacts. I got it done within 3 min

If you have problems syncing your apps, try to transfer purchases and then install onto the new phone. That's what I did.

This is what i did from 3GS to 4S.

1. Backup 3GS;

2. Plug in iphone 5 & restore the phone. Itunes will ask you which profile to restore to. Follow the profile in your 3GS.

Hi folks,

Urgent help needed. Just got my new iPhone 5 and I can't seem to fully sync my contacts and lotus notes account (from my old 3GS).

Did the backup from my old phone so many times and each time the transfer is done, there are missing contacts in my new iP5 [:(]

Any experts can help out here??

There no iCloud for bloody 3GS, that's all I know, yes i'm a tech idiot, iphone idiot too.

Is there any way to fully transfer my contacts over? Is purchasing those 3rd party "data transfer" software the only solution?? please advise if you can, I really would appreciate any useful info.

Cheers [:(]:wacko:

Just install BUMP software and do the transfer of your contacts and files.

Search it in itune.

check if those number missing is on sim card?

if yes, then you need to let your iphone see the number on Sim card too.

Other than that, i cannot think of any other reason why your contact is missing if you had re-activate Iphone 5 from Iphone 3gs Back up.

Thanks for the advises. The problem is solved, but i've another problem.... painful isn't it!! Cold comfort is that the next problem will only haunt me when I change to a new phone.

Its a stupid, complicating lotus notes related problem.

Not sure if anyone has faced this before.

Basically, what happened was that when I first got my 3GS, I sync my office mailboox to my phone... the bloody thing went to configure itself as the default contact destination (without me, the user knowing) - I mean who the hell would be bothered to check where the contact went to right?? Following the "friendly tutorial" my company's ITD sent, it look smooth back then (that was 3 years back).

It has drawn to me that for the past years, all my new contacts went saved to my lotus notes profile, not my SIM card nor my iPhone....

Not sure if it made sense to any of you guys cuz it took the IT some time and lots of f**king from me before I understood the problem.

Now, is there any experts out here who knows how to copy my contacts from my lotus notes account - to my actual iPhone hardware?

I know it sounds like rocket science.... if anyome could help, really appreciate that, I'll look for technical help too and update everyone here for any potential "victims" to take note.. [:|]

Thanks for the advises. The problem is solved, but i've another problem.... painful isn't it!! Cold comfort is that the next problem will only haunt me when I change to a new phone.

Its a stupid, complicating lotus notes related problem.

Not sure if anyone has faced this before.

Basically, what happened was that when I first got my 3GS, I sync my office mailboox to my phone... the bloody thing went to configure itself as the default contact destination (without me, the user knowing) - I mean who the hell would be bothered to check where the contact went to right?? Following the "friendly tutorial" my company's ITD sent, it look smooth back then (that was 3 years back).

It has drawn to me that for the past years, all my new contacts went saved to my lotus notes profile, not my SIM card nor my iPhone....

Not sure if it made sense to any of you guys cuz it took the IT some time and lots of f**king from me before I understood the problem.

Now, is there any experts out here who knows how to copy my contacts from my lotus notes account - to my actual iPhone hardware?

I know it sounds like rocket science.... if anyome could help, really appreciate that, I'll look for technical help too and update everyone here for any potential "victims" to take note.. [:|]

Bro are you saying that all your contact on show are not recorded on your phone, but on the Lotus note throught the mobile data?

if that is the case, i dont know how to settle. however, if the contact are in your contact book. the is what you can do.

at your home Itune. Go to your iphone. (top right hand corner.. if its not there, you have to fiddle around with it to get it out. )

then go to one of the tab, iirc is contact. from there there is a drop down bar asking you to chose which place to saved your contact to.

since its the first time you are doing sync.. then what you should do is after chosing the destination of those contacts. look for checks box that ask you to sync with mobile cover over or something. just in case it wipe out the data instead.

Bro are you saying that all your contact on show are not recorded on your phone, but on the Lotus note throught the mobile data?

if that is the case, i dont know how to settle. however, if the contact are in your contact book. the is what you can do.

at your home Itune. Go to your iphone. (top right hand corner.. if its not there, you have to fiddle around with it to get it out. )

then go to one of the tab, iirc is contact. from there there is a drop down bar asking you to chose which place to saved your contact to.

since its the first time you are doing sync.. then what you should do is after chosing the destination of those contacts. look for checks box that ask you to sync with mobile cover over or something. just in case it wipe out the data instead.

Yeah, its all in being stored in lotus notes unfortunately. I'll go down to comcentre hardware troubleshoot dept one of these days when i'm free to see if any experts at Singtel can help. Got at least a year b4 I change to a new phone... haha

↡ Advertisement