Shock Absorbers tortured by re-surfaced roads

Leggt

Anyone else noticed or is it me, that the re-surfacing of the roads are crappy. Even on highways, the roads are uneven dempening what could be a relaxing drive.

Are we not paying enough road taxes or ERP charges to warrant a higher standard of road maintenance? Also, I have notice the lack of those big roller machines that smoothen out the road at some road work areas, which only mean that somewhere down the line, someone is cutting the cost.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone else noticed or is it me, that the re-surfacing of the roads are crappy. Even on highways, the roads are uneven dempening what could be a relaxing drive.

Are we not paying enough road taxes or ERP charges to warrant a higher standard of road maintenance? Also, I have notice the lack of those big roller machines that smoothen out the road at some road work areas, which only mean that somewhere down the line, someone is cutting the cost.

We have to admit that for the past 30+ years our road standard have been very good.

Think our administrative systems now slack already just because up there no power,not like what LKY wanted for excellence.

Not only our roads.Many other aspects too.

LKY is harsh but somewhere there certain things are good,not all.

It will be a let down if those good ones cannot carry on. :mellow:

LTA is using recycled asphalt, that's why roads now don't have the quality we deserve to have.

The quality of the sub con also [thumbsdown] so don't expect an improvement any time soon

Repatching of the road also must see weather conditions mah. Now rainy weather they can only do temp patch or else the rain will destroy it anyways. The permanant job requires sunny hot weather for the patch to dry. With so many vehicles abusing the roads, is there time for the roads to do repair work? Do during the day ppl comprain traffic jam, do at night patch will take longer to dry. What to do? You suggest lor.

If you feedback to LTA, they will tell you there is nothing wrong with the road surface, and you cannot expect the road to be as smooth as silk and it is within their tolerant level. -_-

If you feedback to LTA, they will tell you there is nothing wrong with the road surface, and you cannot expect the road to be as smooth as silk and it is within their tolerant level. -_-

It's up to a certain international $#@&* standard -_-:blink:

But reuse old asphalt is true [:p] [:p]

Don't be happy, even after re-turfing, a few month later comes, Singtel digging, than PUB (electrical) digging, than don't know what doing the digging.......

It's never ends. Just like the road leading to my block.... [mad]

Re-turfing was done some time back and than, Singtel comes digging. After few months, digging again to raise the sewage cover and uneven again, than OpenNet open a trench to lay their cables, than drainage dept comes and raise the drain cover and recently, PUB (Water Dept) comes digging and laying water pipes..... [dizzy]

if you travel on cairnhill circle after the T junction with cairnhill road towards cte, this road is like jig saw puzzle.

very patchy and bumpy.....so many drough season has passed... still the same... [shakehead] [shakehead]

if you travel lorong at ah soo.. the whole stretch from start to end on the right lane really quite jiat lat.... I have to travel on the road everyday...really heart pain my absorber..

I also notice the resurfaced roads to be very uneven, like a small hump, and is irritating. Should it be a simple job to level it ? Or is it suppose to sink down over time ?

Usually I will try to siam the lane with re-surfaced tarmac if possible. Don't want to stress the suspensions of my old car.

Don't be happy, even after re-turfing, a few month later comes, Singtel digging, than PUB (electrical) digging, than don't know what doing the digging.......

It's never ends. Just like the road leading to my block.... [mad]

Re-turfing was done some time back and than, Singtel comes digging. After few months, digging again to raise the sewage cover and uneven again, than OpenNet open a trench to lay their cables, than drainage dept comes and raise the drain cover and recently, PUB (Water Dept) comes digging and laying water pipes..... [dizzy]

Digging, patching, re-surfacing. Then repeat again and again. Suka suka shift the humps here and there, suka suka make them higher, make them lower. This is how they create jobs.

↡ Advertisement