New property cooling measure!

Thaiyotakamli

garmen trying to save the condo owners who bot high and need to rent out..

i think so too leh. one property expert say many recent condo investors will die. think govt heard him and decided to rescue them.

↡ Advertisement

Got news in paper today - most new launches are offering at least 10% discounts post cooling measures, so that should be a good place to start I would think.

If I were to put in an offer, it would be at least 10% lower than the last transacted prices nearby.

also heard if sell away 1st property when top 4 years later, bank can readjust loan to 80%. meantime is 50% but u don't have to pay much cos is progressive payment.

err... CM mainly affects the buyer. So u need to ask yourself how you are affected. Honestly, I don't see it affecting the seller that much unless the number of prospective sellers for his place is greatly reduced. Then he might be tempted to reduct his price. Afterall, the sale price is based on several factors, eg: location, age, distance to amenities, LH/FH etc. Not just CM.

Of course if the seller is in a hurry to sell because he needs the funds for his next property, then you can cut loh. As to how much, I don't know. Look at the prices of recently transacted prices and from there, you make a gauge. But since the measure was only launched recently, there might not be any precedence for you to follow.

i think now investors won't sell. those with more than 1 property won't sell cos if sell, buy next one kena CM.

so the only way seller will sell is two things- good price or job security.

buyer also won't buy cos think price will drop. so it's just psychological. Ultimate goal of CM is just to reduce volume. For those investing, as long as u can afford, can still buy.

Got news in paper today - most new launches are offering at least 10% discounts post cooling measures, so that should be a good place to start I would think.

If I were to put in an offer, it would be at least 10% lower than the last transacted prices nearby.

So the coolig measures is nkt to turn off buyer but cool the developers?

Seriously guys, properties may crash before 2015. If the world rich club pulls away from Asia . Africa will be their next target.

Bro, we just don't know when it crashes. May not be 2015. Crashes happen only when most are caught unaware. If everyone knows, the market will correct itself and there will be no crash. So the danger is, we dun know when.

Can you don't lodged a caveat? Thought it's a must to lodge a caveat or at least that is what a reliable lawyer would do for you. Never heard of someone not lodging a caveat before, could you elaborate?

I'm a noob so if that ia true, does it mean we can't see their sales transactions and so the true picture of that development is not revealed?

only property paid in full cash can choose not to lodge cavet, all bank loan need to lodge

only property paid in full cash can choose not to lodge cavet, all bank loan need to lodge

but we are talking abt seriously expensive units.. a few million per unit.. i believe there is always exception for the rich..

Edited by ShepherdPie

Bro, we just don't know when it crashes. May not be 2015. Crashes happen only when most are caught unaware. If everyone knows, the market will correct itself and there will be no crash. So the danger is, we dun know when.

Yeah, good thinking bro.

According to my study done on the property investment in Singapore over the last 6 months, I recently acquired a condo for the investment purpose and now come to know about the new property cooling measures. In this case luck has surely not been on my part. Though, I just wouldn't regret buying the condo as its located in Buona Vista which I feel is one of the better places in Singapore and also for the fact that have got a really good property deal through Property Guru. [gossip]

According to my study done on the property investment in Singapore over the last 6 months, I recently acquired a condo for the investment purpose and now come to know about the new property cooling measures. In this case luck has surely not been on my part. Though, I just wouldn't regret buying the condo as its located in Buona Vista which I feel is one of the better places in Singapore and also for the fact that have got a really good property deal through Property Guru. [gossip]

Just console yourself u din kena absd. Anyway most believe any drop will be slight n short term at most.

don't worry ... you will WIN BIG !!!

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-ne...-084154290.html

DBS Vickers expects an upcoming white paper on Singapore's population to raise its population target to 7 million from 6.5 million, which will benefit construction, land transport, property and healthcare companies.

Edited by Wt_know

DBS Vickers expects an upcoming white paper on Singapore's population to raise its population target to 7 million from 6.5 million, which will benefit construction, land transport, property and healthcare companies.

ok panic buying tm. Q bay long queue. if this comes out in ST front page tm. i realise some yahoo news don't actually get out.

on word for singapore property

HUAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

those who can sublet hdb ... rental goes up

those who got millions in pocket ... can go shopping

those who bought before cooling measure and can hold ... don't even care what's going on ... hold until cows come home ... besides the property still under development

those who bought in 2009 (lehman collapse) and now the unit is TOP or soon ... even with CM7 sold at 7%-10% discount still can make 80%-100% profit (ie: buy at $700k sell at $1.2M)

Yes, i heard shouts "HUAT AH!!!!!!!" from Bankers and Lawyers and Government.

The others, "SI LIAO AH !!!!"

7 millions people in Singapore? I guess Government needs to reduce our income tax & GST.

So the coolig measures is nkt to turn off buyer but cool the developers?

Yup. If the 7th cooling measure does not work, than to those who have just purchase since 2012, will be the most worry. [rolleyes]