Cost of parquet flooring and laminate flooring

Baphomet

Hi Bros

Anyone familiar with flooring cost for a 90m2 4 room flat? just living room and 3 bedrooms, new bto flat..looking at either parquet or laminate flooring..

Reason being, im going for my flat selection next week(first time as current flat was resale) and i do not like the OCS offered..seems overpriced and design not to my liking..

many thanks for you kind advice!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bros

Anyone familiar with flooring cost for a 90m2 4 room flat? just living room and 3 bedrooms, new bto flat..looking at either parquet or laminate flooring..

Reason being, im going for my flat selection next week(first time as current flat was resale) and i do not like the OCS offered..seems overpriced and design not to my liking..

i dunno the pricing, but just wanted to share that I regretted doing parquet for my rooms as over time, they start to get scratches and dents if you drop things. Easy to say can redo. but with so many things put in after so many years, it's too troublesome and you'll probably have to live with it. A nice scratch/dent-resistant laminate would be a better choice.

(edited)

i dunno the pricing, but just wanted to share that I regretted doing parquet for my rooms as over time, they start to get scratches and dents if you drop things. Easy to say can redo. but with so many things put in after so many years, it's too troublesome and you'll probably have to live with it. A nice scratch/dent-resistant laminate would be a better choice.

Thanks for sharing [:)]

heard about the cost and efforts required for maintenance too.. I have laminate flooring for my bed rooms in my current flat..It's almost 10 years and it still looks good. Only thing is laminate flooring feels hollow, and does not have the solid feel of parquet..which my wife dont like..

Edited by Baphomet

use the wood look finish and actually it's tiles..

per sq ft $5+

nice,maintenance free and lasting

regret my living room never change this ..only rooms did

Edited by Freestylers09

Laminate poor water resistance..got few small areas my children spilled water. Wasnt noticed..now got bit bloating texture.

Laminate is cheap, can overlay.scratch, stain resistant..drop resistant gd as long as not sharp object.

heard about the cost and efforts required for maintenance too.. I have laminate flooring for my bed rooms in my current flat..It's almost 10 years and it still looks good. Only thing is laminate flooring feels hollow, and does not have the solid feel of parquet..which my wife dont like..

Laminates from $4 to $7 per sq foot.

There is a home expo at Expo hall 6 today.

:D

use the wood look finish and actually it's tiles..

per sq ft $5+

nice,maintenance free and lasting

regret my living room never change this ..only rooms did

can that lay over the existing tile?

I heard they can lay a thicker rubber below which cost addition $1 psf, make it feel solid and low noise.

So far onli 1 coy I know have this rubberised mat below laminate.

Im actually using it for my living & dining room..solid feel hmm like no diff.

Laminate no nd hack. Can overlay..dats the gd ting..use for years liao. Wanna change is easy.1 day can finish liao.

If you have kids, [bigcry] a wood grain lookalike vinyl tiles that ain't afraid of water hence maintenance free wld b an ideal choice for bedroom.

Twincharged

want to try this ?

http://www.bilrich.com/promotion.html

Hi Bros

Parquet flooring should cost around 1500-2000$ for 3 bedroom from what I remember.

Havent seen anyone do parquet in living room. Would look a bit odd for my taste.

Supercharged

Parquet flooring should cost around 1500-2000$ for 3 bedroom from what I remember.

Havent seen anyone do parquet in living room. Would look a bit odd for my taste.

This price is more like laminate flooring, not parquet

Dont do parquet.

My whole house flooring is parquet. Except the kitchen. Makes the house look darker.

And like many have said, the scratches and dents is a sore to see. [dizzy]

And it can only get more & more. Cos my kids keeps dropping things. [bigcry]

Luckily mine is in small pieces, so far no wrapping after 10 years.

I agree. All my rooms are parquet. Although good to protect from cold floors they are still prone to damage. If I am given the chance again, I'll do up laminate. Does have its drawbacks but I prefer something more resistance to scratches.

Supercharged

Nowadays parquet and laminate should be very scratch resistant and water resistant.

Talk directly to these suppliers to get latest info

↡ Advertisement