Cost of parquet flooring and laminate flooring

Baphomet

I think no need but some feedback about laminated flooring is that it might have air bubbles below

after several years cos is glue based and due to our humid weather (but this hearsay only so can't confirm)

The other thing I understand is that when you walk on laminated is like bouncy feeling. This one I personally have felt when I visited some show flats with laminated flooring. Different from the solid feeling of parquet. But this subjective cos when i said this, some people say no.

agree with you on the difference between parquet and laminated flooring... i have both at my place....

now intending to try vinyl tiles... cheaper but look like marble.... fall down also not pain

↡ Advertisement

Vinyl is basically plastic, that's why it is water resistent. The lower grade one may have plastic smell. Roll is one piece that you stick to the floor. Cheap. The higher end one have the click system like wooden laminates.

once the vinyl becomes brittle and start to flake out, it's a nightmare.

Flooring should always be in wood or earth element to reduce static build up.

Vinyl is basically plastic, that's why it is water resistent. The lower grade one may have plastic smell. Roll is one piece that you stick to the floor. Cheap. The higher end one have the click system like wooden laminates.

Edited by Kangadrool

once the vinyl becomes brittle and start to flake out, it's a nightmare.

Flooring should always be in wood or earth element to reduce static build up.

it's has very long warranty period.. I think 10 leh..its not plastic like the olden time

Forget Laminates and forget Parquet.

If you were my upstairs neighbour

carpets and rugs are your best options.

Yes they maybe a bit expensive and

yes you have to vacuum them

but every time you drop something

I will not hear it and I will be the happiest

downstairs neighbour you will ever have.

Please just don't think about yourself.

:D

• Praise 1

homogenious tiles is still better if looking for long term,

laminate is not recommended as it is not water proof.

Veneer still ok but is rubbery feel

laminate flooring will pop up after few years. Mop floor cannot be too wet. My friend just redo her laminated flooring cos some of them pop up and she told me this laminated floor company give her life time gurantee. I dun know how true it is.

Anyway, my rooms are all parquet. So far no problem since 2000 I moved in. Only some scratches but not very obvious.

Twincharged

Just got my parquet flooring from a popular supplier H** H**

including installing etc about $6 - $8 psf

to me, it is better value than laminate

(edited)

This is based on true experience. I am glad i have laminates as they are less solid thus not so painful when kids fall on them, helps to cushion the impact a bit more. My baby had fell from the bed before. I can't imagine if they had fallen on tiles or parquet, it would be much more painful.

Edited by Extinguisher

parquet is only nice if you are able to maintain the finishing and take extra care to avoid dents or scratches,

....dents, scratches and even air-con drips leaves a stained eye-sore over time.

as far as I know, parquet is also not all that waterproof....spillages do seep between the joints and is sucked into the woods from under,....best to try and quickly wipe the spill.

the worst thing about parquet is that they succumb to termites, I speak from experience while my previous home got hit, big time ! [sweatdrop]

I now worry all the time since my current home came with also parquet floorings,...not by my choice if I may add.

where I work, floors are wood-look-alike,....not sure if vinyl or laminates, :D

,.....but looks damn good, cheaper, easy to maintain, re-floored every 5 to 6 years for a fresh look with the work completed in a day, max 2 and the choices of wood types to match are almost endless.

however you will need a good, experience installer to ensure joints and ends are done correctly, failing which you may see it popping over some time.......it would be good to also finish the ends with some skirting.

This is based on true experience. I am glad i have laminates as they are less solid thus not so painful when kids fall on them, helps to cushion the impact a bit more. My baby had fell from the bed before. I can't imagine if they had fallen on tiles or parquet, it would be much more painful.

I would suggest getting a thick pile rug

in case the baby falls on the floor.

I fell down and hit my head when I was a baby

and my mum I was never the same after that.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

I would suggest getting a thick pile rug

in case the baby falls on the floor.

I fell down and hit my head when I was a baby

and my mum I was never the same after that.

Probably awaken the woman in you 😂

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Whichever you decide upon make sure the underfloor mortar screed is very very level.

If not, parquet will move up and down and laminate will sound hollow.

When I was in UK I layed four rooms of laminate flooring in my house.

Not a DIY er but it was very easy and satisfying and it was fine for the 10 years plus we were there.

First room I did was the bathroom and I used a very cheap laminate, got it in a sale and it wasn't supposed to be suitable for bathrooms or where you get water spillage.

The next three rooms I used a top of the range waterproof laminate.

When we left the house guess which laminate still looked the best.

When we were sourcing flooring for our new HDB 4 years ago we looked at laminate but eventually decided upom parquet for two rooms. But the flexible laminate would be perfect for an uneven level floored bathroom I think and it does look good.

In UK parquet is much more expensive than laminate but in Singapore iirc there is not much diff in price.

Neutral Newbie

In most cases, tile is significantly cheaper than a traditional hardwood floor. I think some other is the cheapest flooring options like Vinyl sheet flooring, bamboo flooring.

↡ Advertisement