The anti-Americanism of Jackie Chan

Viceroymenthol

Turbocharged

he's not wrong about the corruption thing

every country has corruption... just that it's in different shape in each country

I slowly lose respect of this guys over the year. He is just trying to score points with what is now his biggest Audiences, Mainland China.

In the past, when you hear him refering himself even as Chinese, mostly as Hongkonger then.

China is more corrupt in general, and corruption is spread across the country, from small towns to big cities, at all levels of society.

America's corruption nestles more at the top, with those in powerful positions. And they ARE very powerful, for example the financial lords, media lords, the weapons lords, etc. The majority of the population is not corrupt at all.

I slowly lose respect of this guys over the year. He is just trying to score points with what is now his biggest Audiences, Mainland China.

In the past, when you hear him refering himself even as Chinese, mostly as Hongkonger then.

I also have the same feeling.....in fact I has stopped watching his movies long ago....... [laugh]

Aiyoh, just watch the movies and enjoy the action. There's no need to go beyond Jackie Chan.

Just that his movies doesn't appeal to me nowadays......... <_<

corrupt under table ...

corrupt under disguised ...

look at how wall street work ... credit default swap ... subprime ... toxic asset ... bailout ... look at obama/romney campaign how much worms in each can ...

i would say ... sama sama ...

ask yourself honestly ... usa is no angel la

Edited by Wt_know

means kopi + teh ... not pure anymore ...

right is wrong, wrong is right ... depends how you package it

Simi si corrupt? <_<

Edited by Wt_know

Huh ? Didn't the same US paper report about Psy anti-Americanism only last Dec only weeks before he was to perform in USA?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/st...7f7b_story.html

In 2004, Psy walked onto the stage at a massive performance meant to protest the large U.S. military presence in South Korea. .... As the crowd cheered him on, Psy lifted a large model of a U.S. tank and, to cheers and applause, smashed it against the stage.

Now think why Washington Post uses the same "anti-Americanisms" in its headers in Dec as they do now on Jackie?

Why this timing? To force an apology from Jackie?

I though US media supports "freedom of expression"? [rolleyes]

Or do I see a double standard here?

psy_protesting_american_military_2002.jpg

psy_protest_anti-american_military_0.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue