Liverpool Season 2012/13 part 6 - Top 6 Finish with BR?

Lala81

Frankly, loyalties aside, we need to move on from the Gerrard & Carragher era to do well. They have been trapped in the underachieving generation for too long and their style of play is really not good enough. After so many years, Carragher still looks uncomfortable on the ball and his clearances are still safety-first style (just put the ball out) rather than clearing down the line. Gerrard's remaining weapon is his long-range shooting & passing. He has nothing left to show for. I am still critical of his poor passing ability from 5-20 yards. And that penalty was just plain awful for a person of his purported ability.

Very fair and valid points made bro.

For Carra, he is brought up and trained as a traditional English defender. No nonsense type. Sole purpose on the field is to defend and nothing else. However, he made it up with his heart and commitment, as well as the reading of the game. He will not be around next season.

Gerrard is an all rounder, the best term I can think of. Only weakness is his tactical discipline which is well documented. To ease off Gerrard, we need to have the midfield ready to do well without him. Else, BR will sure be slaughtered if we drop him and fail to get results.

Lets see how the summer window goes. From the targets linked, we seem not done with out offensive reinforcements. Tom Ince and now Christian Eriksen.

↡ Advertisement

assaidi should b given a chance. from the limited match that i watch him play, not bad. someone like sterling, with pace n some trickery. n also still young.

The problem with Brendan Rogers is that he wants to play the tiki taka Barca kind of play which to his credit, he achieved that at Swansea because of the players available to him there. It must be remembered that his predecessor was Roberto Martinez who also subscribed to that style as well. In short, Swansea had evolved over many years to build a team which could play the Barca style which is so pleasing to the eye. Pool will not be able to do this so soon, even Chelsea with their riches couldn't achieve this. Players like Allen, Borini etc. excelled at Swansea due to their fellow players and team ethic. Pool is used to a more direct style so it will be a revolutionary change for them. If the Mgmt believes in BR, then they got to give him time to do so but unfortunately as we all know, time is a luxury which no team can afford especially in the BPL and worse still for a historically strong team like Pool!!

• Praise 3

Well said. Glad to learn that there are fans out there who knows that this process takes time. Painful as it might be, we just have to start somewhere. Can't because of this season we have some score lines not to our favour and we start doubting.

If we want the tiki taka way, we have to give BR time, support and let him do his job.

Just to add. Chelsea can't do it because the managers spending the riches of Roman are not subscribed to it. In fact, I suspect that they got to play the style that would compliment the players Roman signs for them. ;)

Personally think that if BR is looking at playing the Tiki taka way, he should be a Youth team coach and change how the young players play instead...

that way he can be given more time to rebuild and scout around for suitable youngsters...

I too think that for a club with tradition... it is hard not to be fighting for the title every year...

Not every team can turn out like a Dortmund...

Just to add. Chelsea can't do it because the managers spending the riches of Roman are not subscribed to it. In fact, I suspect that they got to play the style that would compliment the players Roman signs for them. ;)

Yes, you are right! And to further add, that Roman is really contradictory cos on one hand he wants to play tiki taka Barca style football but at the same time he wants to have a say on which players to buy!!

He should just leave it to the Managers and support their purchase which most owners will do.

But I hand it to this guy. He is one of the few owners willing to put his money where his mouth is but on the flip side, he is a real nuisance as he wants to interfere in everything and is also damn impatient when it comes to results!!

Will Pool fans accept this kind of owner vs the Americans which are currently in charge?????

• Praise 3

i do not subscribe to the simi lj tika teka taka way..

i subscribe to the winning way.

where is swansea? where is wigan? just use the fan base and the stadium cap as comparision.

are we lowering our standards so far down to meet them?

wanna tika teka taka, go to tekka market. liverpool original brand of football: pass and move => is it something so different to the barca way?

does JM or even AF firmly insist on simi fix style?

when others rebuild, they maintain / sustain the standards.. when pool rebuild, we are unable to?

end of the day, P14, W0 against top 10 is simply unacceptable. those who can accept i deem have lost all feelings on supporting a football club.

Personally think that if BR is looking at playing the Tiki taka way, he should be a Youth team coach and change how the young players play instead...

that way he can be given more time to rebuild and scout around for suitable youngsters...

I too think that for a club with tradition... it is hard not to be fighting for the title every year...

Not every team can turn out like a Dortmund...

He has been a youth team coach and gained experience from there. The Academy can be headed by someone else who is also grooming the young players the way BR wants them to play. No contradiction in my opinion.

A winning way is not obtained overnight.

Every time we change manager, we need to give him time to rebuild. How many rebuilding period you want to go through?

JM and AF does have a style of play for their team.

JM is a detail freak. He plans to the finest details. He stressed on tight defense and organised team set up. AF's Man Utd is famed for his fluid counter attacking that relies on speedy wingers and strikers.

Edited by Osprey23

Very fair and valid points made bro.

For Carra, he is brought up and trained as a traditional English defender. No nonsense type. Sole purpose on the field is to defend and nothing else. However, he made it up with his heart and commitment, as well as the reading of the game. He will not be around next season.

Gerrard is an all rounder, the best term I can think of. Only weakness is his tactical discipline which is well documented. To ease off Gerrard, we need to have the midfield ready to do well without him. Else, BR will sure be slaughtered if we drop him and fail to get results.

Lets see how the summer window goes. From the targets linked, we seem not done with out offensive reinforcements. Tom Ince and now Christian Eriksen.

Thanks .. I have noticed in the past that when Gerrard is out of the team, they play better as a unit. When he plays, it's like the other players naturally give him the respect and let him run the show, but when he doesn't deliver, the unit fails.

Didn't see much of him to pass judgement but if based on your observation, I don't think we are wrong about signing him. We need unpredictability from our wide players. He is exactly what Downing is not.

I watched a couple of Europa league games .. that's his style.

For the BPL, that might not work.

So do their supporter kpkb when the lose? In anycase a 0-7-7 is unacceptable. He has not done anything to deserve more time. So his 25m outlay on golden boy JA and FB are playing which key roles in his famed tika teka style?

N we tell the world we have no $$?

How many rebuilding period? We have been through enough since Greme Souness.

So if the manager cant make it, change.

Limited style no substance is what i see now. Dun need cotton wool or sugar coat. And i belongs to the dumb section of the supporters.

Strong defence=> used to, not currently

Control midfield=> never in the big games, always make the wrong choices.

Attack=> pretty toothless when suarez gets frustrated, and Sturridge dun play.

When losing home n away against Wba dun rile the supporters, then nothing else will.

Thanks .. I have noticed in the past that when Gerrard is out of the team, they play better as a unit. When he plays, it's like the other players naturally give him the respect and let him run the show, but when he doesn't deliver, the unit fails.

That is true but because he is Gerrard, who has singlehandedly rescue matches for us, naturally the team looks to him for inspiration. Regardless, we will have to plan life without him soon. The most 2-3 years from him I feel.

It is not acceptable if season in season out we are doing this. This is BR's first season and we expect miracle?

I have said, his style is something new to most of the team and they will take time to get used to it. How long did Rafa took to assemble a team capable to challenge?

By accepting the results this season as part of the rebuilding, I feel is acceptable. I always maintain that BR needs at least 3 seasons to get the team playing at his level

Will Pool fans accept this kind of owner vs the Americans which are currently in charge?????

Honestly, fans are easy to please. I don't think I will complain much if owner decides to play Football Manager in real life mode as long as he signs quality players using his own money. It is the manager who will have a more difficult time with such owner.

For FSG, they are more businessman like and ruffled a few feathers with their stringent signing requirement. Too older font want, too high wage demands don't want. That is their philosophy in running a sports institution and I guess we just have to accept that.

No debt, no leverage buy out, financial stability, long term vision,back the manager, is all I ask for from an owner. Not too much to ask for right? Lol.

It is not acceptable if season in season out we are doing this. This is BR's first season and we expect miracle?

I have said, his style is something new to most of the team and they will take time to get used to it. How long did Rafa took to assemble a team capable to challenge?

By accepting the results this season as part of the rebuilding, I feel is acceptable. I always maintain that BR needs at least 3 seasons to get the team playing at his level

the question is that whether we have taka tiki will work at the very top level without the players of Barcelona's calibre.

Please do take into consideration that Barcelona is able to attract players of the creme de la creme level

ie. fabegras, mascherano (who went there to be a facking sub and sometimes DC), villa, henry (another sub)

Even then, the system is heavily reliant on the genius of messi who's like the top 1-2 players of the last 10 years, Xavi who's a midfield maestro uncomparable in his generation other than pirlo and iniesta.

BPL has been won with straightforward football without fanciful styles/manifestos. The last team to have won it with both style & panache would have been the invincibles of Arsenal in 2001.

No. it's BR's talk of a "great run" when we won 1 game out of the last 5.

Acceptable?

↡ Advertisement