DIY plumber

Fishy

Supersonic
5 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

I also looked around some local online hardware stores and it seems that the T-fitting you pictured is impossible to find!😫

When I was doing some plumbing, I find online very difficult to order, bcuz the numbers or specs don't seem to match anything. Try to find a wall mount joint to install a tap, vomit blood.

Then I walk to the local hardware shop and they are there. It's not expensive either.

Too bad, have to wait till they are open after the CB.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, boonhat_91 said:

Thanks again for your input!

I found this on shopee and looks like #2 or #4 is the one I want. From my visual agaration it looks like the difference is that #2 has smaller internal diameter of the male outlets compared to #4. Based on my understanding this would affect output pressure, which I guess is just a matter of personal preference?

1155667410_shopee3way.JPG.5e91a71f773e4d5359d8708d8e4196ce.JPG

For the little difference in internal diameters, the pressure will not be affected at all. The copper pipe inner diameter is even smaller and that's the real restriction, if any. 

Hard to find #4 locally, they will sell you #1 plus a female female adaptor. I managed to find only the stainless steel one. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Thanks again for your input!

I found this on shopee and looks like #2 or #4 is the one I want. From my visual agaration it looks like the difference is that #2 has smaller internal diameter of the male outlets compared to #4. Based on my understanding this would affect output pressure, which I guess is just a matter of personal preference?

from your pic of your on/off valve location, it should be able to accommodate either #2 or #4 easily depending on your preference...the female part is fixed type so there's a chance the fitting angle might not end up in a favorable postion when tightened, if you can find a movable type will be the best...

actually the ID should be the same as it's based on G1/2" standard, that's the problem with online shopping as picture might be deceiving, anyhow if there's any difference, it shouldn't be big enough to have noticeable effect based on the picture...instead, do note the flexible hose ID, i came across difference size last time and it affected my bidet spray pressure

a.jpg.731d8fea4b4ea56719dd7d8b715db942.jpgb.jpg.b8172325bac1d8a04ed965379a7e6719.jpg

Edited by Gunzy
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Gunzy said:

from your pic of your on/off valve location, it should be able to accommodate either #2 or #4 easily depending on your preference...the female part is fixed type so there's a chance the fitting angle might not end up in a favorable postion when tightened, if you can find a movable type will be the best...

actually the ID should be the same as it's based on G1/2" standard, that's the problem with online shopping as picture might be deceiving, anyhow if there's any difference, it shouldn't be big enough to have noticeable effect based on the picture...instead, do note the flexible hose ID, i came across difference size last time and it affected my bidet spray pressure

a.jpg.731d8fea4b4ea56719dd7d8b715db942.jpgb.jpg.b8172325bac1d8a04ed965379a7e6719.jpg

Wah thanks! Still got pic of water in mid air some more 😄

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Wah thanks! Still got pic of water in mid air some more 😄

Lol, found the pic in my watsapp which i took for my friend to show the difference in water pressure due to the ID of the flexible hose

Supersonic

I find this useful

When you say, 1/2"..  it is the nominal diameter.

The thicker the pipe or hose, the smaller the internal diameter and the faster the water flows.

• Praise 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:16 PM, boonhat_91 said:

Hi all, hoping to get some advice from more experienced folks here. CB got me inspired to do some home improvement and one of them is to install a toilet spray hose. I ordered a set online which includes the 3-way valve pictured here. My questions are below:

Spoiler

176183799_valveA.thumb.jpg.cb1456e6ed2419600e3d1fa94e2d2a5f.jpg

355131559_valveB.thumb.jpg.f4ac085101d9262ed08117f96b132f5f.jpg

pipe.thumb.jpg.925e0270c011f03c1ed7008ca9667696.jpg

I did some agar measurement and it seems that A and B are both 3/4 inch in total diameter, however B has the smaller internal diameter. Does this mean that technically both A or B could fit the same female fitting? Except that A has more thread than B.

My ideal plan is to disconnect at C and place the valve there - i.e. C female to cistern will now attach to one of B, other B will attach the spray hose, and A will somehow connect to C male. Since A is also male, I would need some sort of female-female adapter right? However, A is longer than C male, so what kind of adapter am I looking for?

Given that A is quite long, what would happen if I connected A at E? I think there would be excess thread - is that a problem?

Procrastinated a bit, but finally got down to installing the spray hose. The steps are easy, but the execution much harder than I expected.

For one, the T-fitting at max tightness, one of the outlet is facing the wall 🤦‍♂️ Tried to spam sealing tape to 'alter' the ending position and it seems to help. With everything done, still seems to be some minor leaking though. Back to the drawing board...

JyHD5DbpdaxVcVM_KKN0UIM9Ron6noDl8UPXMu1R

• Praise 1

My bathroom's faucet is dripping and I want to replace it. The faucet is at shown in the attachment 20201115_002711.jpg.

I would like to replace it with SHOWY-1459. Is the Showy's mount standard the same as my old faucet's, so I can mount the Showy onto the PVC pipe the same way as the old faucet's?

20201115_002711.jpg

Edited by Kenlohwh

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

All standard diameter. Just twist out and twist the new one in. If lazy don't even need to shut off the mains, just open the new tap first to reduce the pressure. 

I hate this type of twist in. Need the correct amount of thread sealer. Too much and it’s a pain in the ass to screw in and align it, too little and it leaks. Overshot in the alignment and turn counter clockwise and it leaks. 
not sure how you manage it with water gushing out if you don’t shut off. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I hate this type of twist in. Need the correct amount of thread sealer. Too much and it’s a pain in the ass to screw in and align it, too little and it leaks. Overshot in the alignment and turn counter clockwise and it leaks. 
not sure how you manage it with water gushing out if you don’t shut off. 

Wear birth suit and apply shampoo body soap then do the Turning...won't waste too much water while at it😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
43 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Wear birth suit and apply shampoo body soap then do the Turning...won't waste too much water while at it😁

...and remember to wear goggles so that soap don't get in your eyes while you work. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Didu said:

...and remember to wear goggles so that soap don't get in your eyes while you work. [laugh]

Birth suit doesn't include accessories... 😁

• Haha! 2

Does anyone know a good plumber?

i gotta change out this leaky tap..

are all the pipe diameters the same size?

Thanks 🙏 

3D046FA7-7863-4F59-AEC3-94E26BEA0EB0.jpeg

Edited by therock

22 minutes ago, therock said:

Does anyone know a good plumber?

i gotta change out this leaky tap..

are all the pipe diameters the same size?

Thanks 🙏 

It looks like a standard 1/2" tap, available everywhere.

The leak is due to the washer.

If you can shut off the mains, you can DIY, by twisting it counter-clockwise.

But you will need ptfe (teflon) tape on the thread. The tape need to go in the same direction where the tap is threaded in or it will be pushed out.

• Praise 3

17 hours ago, Kenlohwh said:

My bathroom's faucet is dripping and I want to replace it. The faucet is at shown in the attachment 20201115_002711.jpg.

I would like to replace it with SHOWY-1459. Is the Showy's mount standard the same as my old faucet's, so I can mount the Showy onto the PVC pipe the same way as the old faucet's?

20201115_002711.jpg

Yes. But you might face installation problems because you are not as experienced 

a lot of times it seems a simple twist and replace. Your white pvc joint might give way when you are removing your old tap

when putting in the new tap, and over tighten, that pvc joint will give way also

but you don’t do you don’t gain the experience 

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

It looks like a standard 1/2" tap, available everywhere.

The leak is due to the washer.

If you can shut off the mains, you can DIY, by twisting it counter-clockwise.

But you will need ptfe (teflon) tape on the thread. The tape need to go in the same direction where the tap is threaded in or it will be pushed out.

Thanks 🙏 

the tap looks rusty so I will probably change it too

I’ll have to buy a big wrench ?

↡ Advertisement