DIY plumber

Fishy

On 3/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, yishunite said:

Any ideas where to get O-ring washer? Preferably hardware store where I can see it in person.

Inner diam 60mm outer diam 75mm

Shopee. 

SOS!

My wall faucet - attached to the wall on one end and my washing machine on the other.

The "switch" to close the faucet is faulty.. so it can't close properly and so it's leaking ++

Does anyone know someone who can come change it today or tomorrow? 

Thanks!

• Shocked 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, therock said:

SOS!

My wall faucet - attached to the wall on one end and my washing machine on the other.

The "switch" to close the faucet is faulty.. so it can't close properly and so it's leaking ++

Thanks!

Just turn off at the main water meter and go hardware shop buy a new tap. Unscrew to the old one and replace with the new one.

Take a photo of the old tap and show it to the hardware store ppl.

Very easy job.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Just turn off at the main water meter and go hardware shop buy a new tap. Unscrew to the old one and replace with the new one.

Very easy job.

you forgot to tell him need to white tape to tap the new tap to prevent leakage :D

• Praise 2

On 5/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, therock said:

SOS!

Thanks!

I think the "switch" is called valve..... 😅

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Very easy job.

If there is  false ceiling, usually there is an intermediate vavle above the false ceiling , no need to off the main.  This type of thing better learn to do it ourselves, the labor cost is expensive  due to our cost of living.

Thanks bros, you need some skill and this isn't my forte. 
I found a handyman to help. My friend dropped by to arrest the leak for now, until the handyman comes next week to change the faucet. He will bring this for me..

image.thumb.png.66901aa58c54e1f5a67d22d6dbf54158.pngThe blue part was loose and too much play. So it could not tighten and leaked.. 

image.png

• Praise 3

Since you bought the part liao, just turn the whole thing anticlockwise to remove it. Use lots of white tape on the screw threads. Should have no leak.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Since you bought the part liao, just turn the whole thing anticlockwise to remove it. Use lots of white tape on the screw threads. Should have no leak.

That's the theory... I stick to what I'm good at la.. 
Anyway if anyone is looking for sanitary and toilet stuff, there's a sale on this couple of days:

image.thumb.png.3934ba9faca5c4984bcf84c2b3a8d6c4.png

• Praise 2

I learnt from the plumber, you'll need Teflon tape and you'll need to round about 30 rounds for a good seal. But leave a bit of the end sticking out to twist into the wall pipe opening..

share my DIY plumbing experience here.

bought this  hansgrohe sink mixer to replace my existing one, make use of weekend to have it replaced.

tap.jpg

but upon removal of the fitting, realised the hot water valve is damage, I have to open the false ceiling to turn off the heater valve instead. And make another trip to HQ shop to buy a straight valve.

tap_valve.jpg

next, the bloody hansgrohe hose is not of common dimension, the hose diameters do not fit onto the straight valves.  Have to run to HW shop to buy this step down fitting.

tap_connector 2.jpg

tap_connector 1.jpg

finally the mixer is up.  Damage is about $270. Now i am a happy man.

tap1.jpg

tap_connector.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 8

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

First time I see an alarm clock in the toilet..... 

But great job! 

Next get rid of the mold in the corner with bleach or Mr Muscle. 

I have a clock everywhere too haha.. one in each toilet... and a small radio too..

9 minutes ago, therock said:

Pro level bro!

Next time I hire you la..

I understand that the German brands use a different calibre of pipes ..

Anytime if I can be of value add, after the cover period.  Not pro but can get simple things done myself.

Edited by Ct3833

7 minutes ago, therock said:

Pro level bro!

Next time I hire you la..

I understand that the German brands use a different calibre of pipes ..

A regimental disciplined guy must be...brush teeth pangsai pangjio got strict regime one 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

My guess is that it's a 3/8". American piping are mostly 3/8" as well, while we usually use 1/2". thus the adaptor is needed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2