GVGT: Van beat red light, hit SFL1029C

Mustank

Is this habit of installing video cam in the car and on motorcylists' helmets a Singapore thing or is it a worldwide phenomenon?

Reason I ask is it reeks of "scared lose" mentality and is downright ridiculous and stupid. I saw a few motorcyclists with the video cam strapped to the top of their helmets. Needless to say they look like absolute clowns.

Is this habit of installing video cam in the car and on motorcylists' helmets a Singapore thing or is it a worldwide phenomenon?

Reason I ask is it reeks of "scared lose" mentality and is downright ridiculous and stupid. I saw a few motorcyclists with the video cam strapped to the top of their helmets. Needless to say they look like absolute clowns.

Maybe its torchlight attached to helmet? :p

Even insurance companies are encouraging cameras now and i believe it's a worldwide phenomenon. Certainly they are prevalent in countries where insurance fraud is rife (see russian dashcams etc), but on youtube you can find dashcam vids from pretty much all over the world.

I think they're great as evidence gathering tools, but not so great when everyone thinks they're some kind of journalist/judge/jury on the bad driving habits of other people (just look at the gvgt threads here, half the time self-pwn for making mountains out of molehills). I also think it's good that accident videos are shared, it builds up our awareness of how things can go wrong on the road and hopefully makes us more defensive drivers. The reality and violent impacts of the bad accidents can also serve as a wake up call to those who do not seem to understand the forces that we are dealing with when we operate vehicles.

When you are the good guy in the show, you will say video good. When bad guy, video bad :D

Bad guy mean SD card corrupted... [laugh]

directasia insurance if got install camera, premium got more discount leh.....

issit? they never told me that :angry: :angry:

Yes its worldwide phenomenon, Tons of car camera/bike camera video footage can be found on youtube. More people are getting camera to protect them self from wrongful claims. without a video its words against words.

I have many friends losing cases because they don't have a camera to prove that the other party is wrong. I think its a good thing for everyone to install an in car camera,

Like this case, without the video, the van can always say the light is green and in his way, and the black car beat the red light.

Turbocharged

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drin...-a-4063785.html

Post mirror thread for SFL1029C to submit video to insurance [grouphug]

Anyone knows the SFL1029C guy, pls inform!

Why didn't the driver of the car stop immediately to offer his footage (or at least to get the driver's contacts) when he saw the accident in front of his eyes? <_<

I did that a 3 mths back when a bus run red light and whack into a van.. stop by immediately to offer my evidence to both parties..

Why didn't the driver of the car stop immediately to offer his footage (or at least to get the driver's contacts) when he saw the accident in front of his eyes? <_<

I did that a 3 mths back when a bus run red light and whack into a van.. stop by immediately to offer my evidence to both parties..

that's the correct thing to do. [thumbsup]

The cameras are for the purposes like the 1 stated at this thread..

then where u suggest they put it?

It's worldwide now. And I think using a camera is a smart choice, as it might be able to prove your innocence when needed, not only in case of accidents in which you're not at fault but when you get blamed for something which isn't your fault. My friend's son was recently charged for running a red light in HK, but his car camera proved that the light was green at that time and date, so the charges were dropped.

What is really dumb is when people take to publicizing and using camera footage to shame other road users for comparatively minor incidents.

It's worldwide now. And I think using a camera is a smart choice, as it might be able to prove your innocence when needed, not only in case of accidents in which you're not at fault but when you get blamed for something which isn't your fault. My friend's son was recently charged for running a red light in HK, but his car camera proved that the light was green at that time and date, so the charges were dropped.

What is really dumb is when people take to publicizing and using camera footage to shame other road users for comparatively minor incidents.

Thanks and you really answered my question.

Agree with your last comment about people using it to publicize and shame others.

Thanks and you really answered my question.

Agree with your last comment about people using it to publicize and shame others.

very boring if nothing happen, to justify the investment, something has to be publicized [laugh] [laugh]

very boring if nothing happen, to justify the investment, something has to be publicized [laugh] [laugh]

Some people open a new Youtube account and within weeks of buying a car camera, upload dozens of videos of trivial incidents which can in fact be avoided by situational awareness and simple defensive driving. Really wonder what's the point in taking the time to do that - maybe really to justify the purchase [laugh]

NPNT...in the case is NVNT...without evidence...its your words against the other party...

So having a onboard cam also helps to speed investigation. And using these evidences, those who give fake reports on accidents should be further penalised for making a false report and wasting everybody time.

You can say that the bikers look like clown with the onboard cam....but the truth is...when he or she meets with an accident...it helps to see what actually happens making investigation easier.

EG...the infamous Ferrari @ Rochor incident...both the taxi cam and Ferrari cam helps determine the actual cause of the accident.

↡ Advertisement